YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   injectors keeps leaking,no power and stalls when clutch is pressed (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/injectors-keeps-leaking-no-power-stalls-when-clutch-pressed-195007/)

ernestmiller347 10-24-2009 06:45 PM

injectors keeps leaking,no power and stalls when clutch is pressed

ok where do i begin ...... ok 1992 yoda i just changed the head gasket and had a valve job and put it bk together and truck runs good when i start it up and idles good but when i take it dwn the road it has no power at all . to begin with when i left for work it started to act like it wanted to loose power for a mile or 2 and then it would clear up and run fine but now it wnt clear up at all . and when i push the clutch it idles dwn so low that i cuts off ?? and i have changed the orings on the injector 5 times and after i put it bk together it wasnt leaking when i drove it up and dwn the rode it was fine untill i cut it off and let it cool dwn and start it bk up it seems like it starts leaking as soon as i start it up ? so i changed the orings and took it dwn the road and let it warm up trying to rack my brain to figure out y it dnt have power so i inspected the vac lines and they was fine so i got bk in the truck to try it again i noticed that another injector was leaking a diff one ??? what the hell ????

Kiroshu 10-24-2009 06:53 PM

Have the injectors been changed before? How do you know its the injectors leaking? Are you positive? Pics? Your truck should not be dying with the clutch pressed in.... that may be related to lack of power.... Vac leaks? Where the intake gaskets replaced? Any codes?

ernestmiller347 10-24-2009 07:16 PM

when i turned the truck over and raised the hood u could see is squirting out of num 1 the last time , all gaskets was replaced except the oil pan i also changed the timing chain and i checked checked and rechecked the timing chain to make sure it was right , and yea its throwing o2 sensor and knock sensor but that's bc i lost the connector and haven't got a new one yet ( they have to order one at the dealership) but it was doing the loss of power thing b4 i tore it dwn and no codes then. i checked the vac lines and i didnt see any that was bad

Kiroshu 10-24-2009 07:24 PM

Are the correct injectors in the truck? There is 2 O-rings on the injector..... one on the inside and one on the ouside.... (to where it goes in the intake) make sure they are both there..... make sure its all tight. Hows the fuel rail look? Your lake of power issue could be manythings..... Tune-up? Does it have NGK or OEM plugs? OEM plug wires? I highly recommend them highly for best performance..... Air filter dirty? Main intake hose leaking? Fuel filter? Valves adjusted properly? Exhaust manifold leaking? Cat converter clogged?

ernestmiller347 10-24-2009 07:35 PM

i replaced all the seals on the injectors and it leaks from thefuel rail side everytimes i have replaced the orings 6 times in 1 year most of the time its a diff one that leaks , yea they r the right ones for the truck lol i checked on that yesterday lol. i done a tune up 6 months ago,i am running ngk plugs,and u know t been thinking bout the valves but my mind goes bk to when it would clear up b4 u know ?? now i havent never changed the fuel filter that could b it too cat seems to b ok but the muffler ant that good tho lol.

Kiroshu 10-24-2009 07:40 PM

weird it keeps blowing out seals..... i wonder if your fuel pressue is too high.... that would be the seal issue.... fuel pressure regulator is prolly bad.... well you could by a new fuel filter and if thats not it knock out ur cat..... sure timing is correct. Have you tried advancing? The more advanced the timing the more effecient the engine runs. I'd put it at about 12BTDC or 8 up to you.

ernestmiller347 10-24-2009 08:05 PM

thats what i was thinking but i didnt know if the regulater is sumthing that goes bad .i will try to advance it tomm , u know my buddy gave me a good idea he said that i have a vac leaking cuz when it is idleing its fine but when i go dwn the road is when it stalls and he was telling me that the motor isnt advancing the timing when it is idled up and that couses it to stall too but i cnt find a leak ??

Kiroshu 10-24-2009 08:08 PM

Tiz possible, but vac could be leaking going to your regulator cause it not to work properly and trouble during driving range. Check your regualtor and lines going to it.

ernestmiller347 10-24-2009 08:15 PM

how do i check the regulater ?

Kiroshu 10-24-2009 08:23 PM

To do that you have to tap into the fuel system with a fuel pressure gauge.... i'm sure you donot have one of those just layin around..... i forget what the fuel pressure is for a 22re but yea. But i'm pretty sure your regualtor either has the vac line going to it cracked or busted or the regualtor itself is done Theres a little rubber diaphram inside the regualtor and its prolly craked and or has holes. You could prolly take it to a shop and they may have a fuel pressure guage.... you get them to tell you if it was bad for sure and you change it..... up to you....

ernestmiller347 10-24-2009 08:42 PM

hahaha lol u know what as a matter of a fact i do have a fuel pressure gauge i just got for my mustang that i ant put on yet lol i will try that tomm and i dnt think the pressure cnt b over 15 pounds cuz i know thats stock on my mustang so it cnt b that much on a 4 banger u know ? pretty convenient huh lol

Jason4X4 10-24-2009 09:34 PM

sounds like your cat is plugged by the lack of power

Kiroshu 10-25-2009 06:17 AM

The fuel pressure for a 22re should be between abour 33-38.

ernestmiller347 10-26-2009 11:08 AM

ok i gutted my cat and dirlled holes in my muffler to see if that was my prob and sure enough the power is bk but i dnt think thats cousing my inj to have a blow out as much as they been messing up but ima check the pressure in a mim or to but thanks