86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

identifying intake manifold type

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy identifying intake manifold type

So I did a motor swap not too long ago, and realized my intake and exhaust manifolds differed from that that came with the motor i bought. I pulled and installed my intake/exhaust manifolds to make it all match up...this i know, they're different, it seems there's more in the way of recirc for emissions (possible california emissions system?)

fast forward to today, replacing a coolant temp sensor...

was going in nice and easy, it was awkward angle trying to get the thing in w/o taking anything else apart really hit a little bit of resistance and didnt think much about it, turned the wrench a little harder and POP, the threaded shoulder on the intake manifold cracked away. after about 15 mins of obscenities and scaring the neighbors, i whipped up some good epoxy i had laying around to plug the hole. it seems to be holding for now but i dont trust it.

I need help identifying the type of intake manifold i have, the dealership parts desk and local toyota salvage yards are all closed on sundays.

so my truck's an '86 4x4 with the 22r in it. anybody know anything about identifying and finding a replacement for what i've got? anybody ever bought a manifold from the dealership? I cant imagine this is going to be cheap, and I'm doubting i'm gonna find the right intake manifold at a salvage yard being this far from california which is where i suspect this truck came from. I gotta get my truck through emissions one last time this month, and then I'd be fine with going aftermarket on some stuff, if you guys have any recommendations for that stuff, i'm all ears. any help appreciated, sort of at the end of my rope and kicking myself right now.

Last edited by tylerromo; 10-12-2008 at 01:32 PM.