Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

I swear I'm gonna punch the kid!!! Parents discipline 'yer kid!!

Old 07-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Banned for being an asshat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down I swear I'm gonna punch the kid!!! Parents discipline 'yer kid!!

I know, I know, there's bigger things to stress over, but damn, I would've appreciated the opportunity to at least do the first body damage, aside from tweaking my bumper the first week.

Stupid neighborhood kid, around work, taking pop shots with his new "toy" either delibrately or accidently (really do I care which) did this to my driver's door.

I'm gonna figure out what's the best course of action here. I spoke with Mom and have given her 3 days to have him bring the bb gun in and have him watch me cut it in half with a saw, or I turn it over to the P.D., since the kid's a bit of an outsider in a less than good environment, and I can see him turning to worse things.

There's a car dealership across the street from work, idiot was caught on their surveillance taking shots at some very expensive cars, as in one's that re-sell for easily over 60K.

Parents, smack your kids, please, this passive parenting stuff is pure b.s., the bodywork estimate's at around $789.00, he's almost 18, if I press charges, and the court extends the case 'til he's of legal age, it'd only make things worse, as I'd become the target of his angst .

What'dya think, am I being too nice/understanding??
Attached Thumbnails I swear I'm gonna punch the kid!!! Parents discipline 'yer kid!!-img_0003.jpg   I swear I'm gonna punch the kid!!! Parents discipline 'yer kid!!-img_0004.jpg  

Last edited by Lysmachia; 07-22-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think punching the kid would make things worse...have him pay you for the damages...thats not just a small problem...and what kind of bb gun does that?! That looks like a pretty heavy duty one if you ask me, I had one...it must have been a POS, although I didn't take shots at cars...what an idiot! and goodluck with you!
Old 07-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry to see the damage on your truck. You say the kid is almost 18, if he is not careful he'll be somebody's bitch in a 10x10 room.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Four Runner
I know, I know, there's bigger things to stress over,
Stop being such a californian... Punish that little bastard, one way or another.

Last edited by ChickenLover; 07-21-2007 at 03:03 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would absolutely call the police... If he's that close to 18 they might actually be able to talk some sense into him. It's highly unlikely, but you might actually be able to help him out by reporting him...

Not only that but you can't really take them to court without proper documentation IE a police report.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:19 AM

His parents are over 18 and they are responsible for his actions. Call the police, file a report, and threaten to press charges unless the vehicle gets repaired.

If they screw you over, discretely destroy something of theirs that would cost way more than your body work. It doesn't solve anything, but it puts them into the same kind of situation you were in and maybe, just maybe they will learn somethign from it.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:46 AM

beat the bastard senseless
Old 07-21-2007, 07:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Have him pay for the repairs. If he balks, call the cops. Then he'll be paying for the repairs as well as a "debt" (in form of money or public service) back to the community PLUS the cost of the repairs. Best to keep it civil if possible, he is your neighbor.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:20 AM

Unless you saw him do it, and have proof, there is not much you can do.
If they admitted to it then just make them pay up.
paul
Old 07-21-2007, 07:38 AM

Angry

What did the car dealership do about him? Man I would be pissed! Sorry about that happening to you!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by ysvain
What did the car dealership do about him? Man I would be pissed! Sorry about that happening to you!
I agree, what are they going to do? If they are going to press charges you may be able to tack onto that. They are more likely to be the target of any come-back then.

Same thing has happened to me. One side of my truck is all scratches. Had some suspects, but no proof. Moved house recently so I'm finally going to treat her to a lift and a spray job! Also going to take advantage of the exchange rate and buy my bits from the states!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:26 AM

I'd just go get 3 estimates, and make them pay for it. Fix as much as you can yourself, pocket the extra money for your trouble, and let it go. If you press charges, then your just going to have to go to court, get a lawyer, bla bla bla. Is it really worth it?
Old 07-21-2007, 09:03 AM

well, punchin the kid is only a short term feel good. and since hes under 18 they would probally take immediate action and have u owned on beatin up a minor. thats not a good thing. but srsly, have him pay. either that, or have him work on it himself. figured id come up with a new idea.

make the kid pull the dent and paint it or whatever you would have done, and maybe, just maybe once he realizes what the heck hes causing , the lightbulb will flip on. otherwise, wait till hes 18, then beat him.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:05 AM

I would try to make him pay for it.. but if he does not admitt to it and nobody saw him your screwed.. unless the laws there are diferent.. I have a cousin that has keyed a few of her ex boyfriends truck.. they took her to court and the judge asked did he or anyone SEE her do it.. if they did not ..its hear say and get it out of my court room...things could be diferent there..
Old 07-21-2007, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by dijlop
well, punchin the kid is only a short term feel good. and since hes under 18 they would probally take immediate action and have u owned on beatin up a minor. thats not a good thing. but srsly, have him pay. either that, or have him work on it himself. figured id come up with a new idea.

make the kid pull the dent and paint it or whatever you would have done, and maybe, just maybe once he realizes what the heck hes causing , the lightbulb will flip on. otherwise, wait till hes 18, then beat him.
by no means let this kid work on your car lol
Old 07-21-2007, 10:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There isn't a chance in hell I wouldn't contact the PD. The hell with cutting his gun up.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:40 AM

bb gun

Get a friend to help hold him down and shove the bb gun up his a$$!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Banned

Plant a bunch of forties, and marijuana in his car, and call the cops and say you saw it in his car and knew he was drinking illegally, after he gets fined for that, break his bedroom window with a rock, and if things persist, take the kid to a biker bar, yell only ˟˟˟˟˟s ride harleys and throw him through the door, and drive off.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:53 AM

Talking bb gun

Haa haa haa!
Old 07-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Make that little punk pay for repairs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I swear I'm gonna punch the kid!!! Parents discipline 'yer kid!!