Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

I need ideas-93 4r auto V6

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coryc85: That was perfect. Now I don't have to even think anymore. I am going to to the tranny flush tomorrow because I am planning on doing a lot of driving for the holidays. Never serviced any part of the transmission before so I'm hoping for the best. Any basic advice?

tc: Well now that I think about it, the speedometer in the Taco has been broken for..... hmmm.... maybe 2 years now so I just guesstimate my speed based on the tachometer and the other vehicles and the lines on the road. But when it did work I would constantly watch both guages and 70 mph was at about 2800 rpm. So I'm sure it has changed a little but I never drive what the signs tell me too, just what feels comfortable.

In the 4 runner, I haven't paid as much attention. It seems about right that 72 is at 3125 rpm. This is on flat land though as I can never get that going up an incline.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep in mind that there's lots of swaps to do, and the 3.4 isn't the cheapest. I was going to swap something in a couple months ago, and wanted to do the 3.4. But since I can't do the work myself, it was going to end up costing close to 4k. The other option I liked better was a Chevy 4.3 swap. Lots more power, and much cheaper.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:36 PM

Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts
Tranny flush should be simple. Drain fluid, remove the ump-teen bolts holding the pan on. Replace filter, replace gasket, bolt pan back up, fill up tranny. Time:30 minutes.