YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   I like my horn just fine thank you (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/i-like-my-horn-just-fine-thank-you-163157/)

Nothingbutyoda93 01-01-2009 10:32 PM

I like my horn just fine thank you

So everyone knows how jeepers have a little wave thingy they like to do.
Well me and the local yota drivers have been doing a beep beep type thing.
Ever knowice how are horns sound like the roadrunner.... well alot of my friends make fun of my wimpy horn. but lets see if we can get this beep beep thing started????

drew303 01-01-2009 10:52 PM

LOL ... right

I flick a finger (the good one) .. or two, or maybe a whole hand to passer yotas but seems like most folk don't get it. The yota is one vehicle takn for granted by many.

HELL, theres like 2 or 3 MINT 80's pickups in town and i've waved multiple times to them all (all old effers, obvious original owners) and none wave back.. you'd think someone would keep their yota mint from the day they bought it would appreciate a wave from a fellow yota owner.. nope.. oh well

I typically wave to the classics and guys (or gals ofcoure) who have modified their yote's in a respectable manner.. ie i dont wave to the body lifted 35's or the bracket lifts or the beat to hell yotes. But thats me, seems the guys who have modified their rigs with a brain get my respect, maybe im just a dick ;)

but generally people don't wave around here, its sad =(

lovetharunner 01-01-2009 10:54 PM

... Wtf

ovrrdrive 01-02-2009 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by drew303 (Post 51016480)
LOL ... right

I flick a finger (the good one) .. or two, or maybe a whole hand to passer yotas but seems like most folk don't get it. The yota is one vehicle takn for granted by many.

HELL, theres like 2 or 3 MINT 80's pickups in town and i've waved multiple times to them all (all old effers, obvious original owners) and none wave back.. you'd think someone would keep their yota mint from the day they bought it would appreciate a wave from a fellow yota owner.. nope.. oh well

I typically wave to the classics and guys (or gals ofcoure) who have modified their yote's in a respectable manner.. ie i dont wave to the body lifted 35's or the bracket lifts or the beat to hell yotes. But thats me, seems the guys who have modified their rigs with a brain get my respect, maybe im just a dick ;)

but generally people don't wave around here, its sad =(

That's my experience as well around here. I've learned to only wave at the trucks that are jacked up. At least I know they'll be looking at me when they drive by. ;)

I blow my horn at them too, but if they're too close to me my horn actually pisses them off. :lol:

axekick 01-02-2009 05:34 AM

I notice that about yota drivers too. I actually wave at the decked out jeeps. They usually wave back. Fck em if they don't. same goes to the yota drivers that just stare at me when I wave at them.

the_ocho 01-02-2009 06:28 AM

I wave at yota drivers. I have yet to get a wave back. :( i feel like such a loner. all my yota friends are on the internet

Junkers88 01-02-2009 06:33 AM

There are so many Toy's out here that I'd have a sore arm if I waved at half of them. So I usually wave if they do it first. On the other hand I've had a few instances of a lifted Yota pulling up next to me on the highway and then slowing down to give my rig the "once over" and they always wave before speeding up again.

yotasavg 01-02-2009 06:35 AM

up in chico we have quite a few really nice yotas from different years that i see on the road. i always wave and i usually get a nod at least :)

on second thought though, i get that from just about any driver...... i think i live where there's a lot on nice people!

89whitetoyota 01-02-2009 06:56 AM

Man Cincinnati sux for seeing 1-3rd gens. I get all excited, sprout some blue steel, and climax when I see another yoter that is done up a little more than stock.

twitchee2 01-02-2009 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by yotasavg (Post 51016590)
up in chico we have quite a few really nice yotas from different years that i see on the road. i always wave and i usually get a nod at least :)

on second thought though, i get that from just about any driver...... i think i live where there's a lot on nice people!

thats chico for you. i love it up there.

Ive had a couple people wave to me but i was stock. Im interested to see if i get more now that im lifted.

RaginYota 01-02-2009 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by drew303 (Post 51016480)
I typically wave to the classics and guys (or gals ofcoure) who have modified their yote's in a respectable manner.. ie i dont wave to the body lifted 35's or the bracket lifts or the beat to hell yotes. But thats me, seems the guys who have modified their rigs with a brain get my respect, maybe im just a dick ;) =(

Yep you sure are.. So I take it that I don't have a brain because I used a 4" bracket lift for my IFS??

89whitetoyota 01-02-2009 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by RaginYota (Post 51016662)
Yep you sure are.. So I take it that I don't have a brain because I used a 4" bracket lift for my IFS??

Hey man, I dont think you're dumb, but I would like to see some pictures of your front bumper. I like it and would like to see a couple different angles of it.

89silverpu 01-02-2009 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by 89whitetoyota (Post 51016683)
Hey man, I dont think you're dumb, but I would like to see some pictures of your front bumper. I like it and would like to see a couple different angles of it.

Google Toyota Warn winch bumper and go to images and there will be a couple pictures of the same bumper.

89whitetoyota 01-02-2009 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by 89silverpu (Post 51016692)
Google Toyota Warn winch bumper and go to images and there will be a couple pictures of the same bumper.

Cool bro thanks alot.

89whitetoyota 01-02-2009 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by 89silverpu (Post 51016692)

Love the last mod and quote in your sig by the way.

Ardent 01-02-2009 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by RaginYota (Post 51016662)

I guess you and I won't get a wave from Drew. Sad day.

Tubbyfatty 01-02-2009 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by the_ocho (Post 51016585)
i feel like such a loner. all my yota friends are on the internet

Same here....

Ezrider_92356 01-02-2009 12:18 PM

the horn honk thing would be great if my horn worked....lol when i had a jeep wrangler i got alot of waves from other jeep owners. when i had my datsun 280zx alot of them did a headlight flash thing. nothing in the yota though

Nickels 01-02-2009 12:40 PM

No Yota owners wave here. I usually give a small wave when i see a nice truck, but they give me the look of 'am i supposed to know you?' I had one yota guy in a nice lifted truck hang out his window to make sure i saw him wave. It was pretty funny.
When i was out at tuttle ORV park in kansas, there was a group of jeeps that came in and passed my friend I (who was in a Jeep Grand Cherokee) and i waved at them all, and they all glared at me, but waved at my friend.. A lot of jeep owners are pricks

stagger_lee 01-02-2009 12:45 PM

Last time I gave a beep to a nice rig, I got the middle finger. That's So Cal for ya.