Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I hate to start ANOTHER thread about my 22re that wont start but....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It ran so I don't think that ground wire I mentioned beforehand is the problem but possibly the starter ground on the ignition side but could be completely wrong there to as I do not know what you're hot start relay changed in that area but I would bet its the ignition ground that is interrupted. The way you're neutral/park safety works is by interrupting the ignition ground thus not providing the starter selinoid with enough juice to kick out the Bendix when you jump it you eliminate that safety break in the electrical because you are starting it without going through the ignition. NOW I SAY THIS ALL IN THEORY I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE. That was for all the know it alls on this sight who get there rocks off telling people there wrong NOT YOU ROB
Old 04-05-2011, 11:04 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Hmmmm, NV sounds very likely on to something with this "Hot start relay" thingy... The thing I kept thinking of was that your Starter Relay is going bad. If it does this again, where you find it not wanting to start,....just for the heck of it, feel the starter relay and see if it's HOT AS HECK FIRE! LOL. You CAN test it somehow, ..can't remember. My COR went bad over time, and while it's not your issue, it IS A RELAY, and it was gettin SO HOT, ROB, ..>i could barely touch the thing. Replaced it and voila! NOT saying in any way that you should just get a new one... Totally illogical, indeed! lol... but I'm SURE there's a way to rule it out, yeah?

We have hot soak issues some times as well, ....also not likely your issue as it seems to do it dead cold, eh? lol

You MIGHT NOT be totally off on the grounds though, Rob, because IF they have breaks where they're BARELY hanging by a thread, ..... it's easy to imagine under certain conditions tha this could cause a "SORRY, no Go Go Mr. Rob" type attitude with the Ign-STA system.

Maybe in doing the changes you have, you just BARELY wiggled something very brittle, eh? Hopefully not in that harness mess that leads to the ignition, etc. I doubt it. And, considering you said "I have had this problem for a while", ..RIGHT?, ....WELL, I guess its probably something that's not even related to your lift, etc. Of course, you can't know until you just rule everything out by POE, eh?

Make sure your hot wire off the positive terminal to the link box is good and tight as well.. Even though that is going to a fusible link system,...unless you've replaced that wire, i...that very wire has a fusible link IN IT, as well. . I was having more electrical issues before I replaced that wire, ...but I seem to remember you've done that,....no?