YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   Hydraulic e brake question (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/hydraulic-e-brake-question-293076/)

Radchadtrinidad 01-18-2016 06:29 PM

Hydraulic e brake question

I have a hydraulic ebrake, and I gotta question. They come from the master cylinder to the hydro, to the brakes. When I hit the brake pedals, will I just have front brakes? Or will it pass through the Ebrake into the rear brakes as well

Terrys87 01-18-2016 10:53 PM

I am not familiar with your set up. What I would do is put the truck on some jack stands and with it in gear and turning the tires, hit the brakes and see if the tires stop. About the only way that I would know if they were working.

Radchadtrinidad 01-18-2016 10:58 PM

I havent plumbed it yet. I know
How to plumb it and how it works but i dont understand if it goes
Through the cylinder of the handbrake when you hit the brakes

wyoming9 01-19-2016 12:02 AM

When the E-brake is engaged pushing the pedal will do nothing but put pressure on the Ebrake hydraulics .

Depending on just how you plumb in in .

Are there no directions ??

I gotta ask why ?? You do know a hydraulic failure means no Emergency Brake !!!?? Failed Caliper Brake line ETC

If you install it on only the front brakes the rear will work in the normal fashion .

In the old days we used these called line locks to hold the vehicle while we cleaned the rear tires . Recovery vehicles used these till it was found chocks worked better for the most.

Radchadtrinidad 01-19-2016 07:26 AM

This is for my drift truck build. You plumb the rear brake master cylinder line- to the hydro- to the brakes. Since the brake IS the master cylinder, when i hit the brake pedal, it will go through the hydro and applying the brakes in the rear as well to the front. Correct?

wyoming9 01-19-2016 02:23 PM

It all depends just what you have.

Being these have been around since the sixties Who knows just what you might have.

Just what is your end game?? What do you want this to do??

When most are engaged pressure is held in the brake system .

if you plumb this into the rear wheel brake line all the brakes work normal to you engage(close) the valve Once the valve is closed pressure is maintained in theory till it is released.

I could also have no idea what your trying to describe.

To me a Hydraulic Emergency Brake makes no sense.

But a hydraulic system to hold the vehicle via the brakes does.

Radchadtrinidad 01-19-2016 02:31 PM

Im hooking the hydro brake to the rear brakes. When you yank the handle, the pressure acts as a brake, but just into the rear only. You hook this setup from the master cylinder rear break line, into the hydraulic r brake, and from the hydro down to the brakes. When i push the brake pedal. Do you think itll push through the cylinder of the hydraulic and applying brakes to the rear? Or will i only have the rear brakes ONLY when i yank the handle

wyoming9 01-19-2016 11:54 PM

No clue!!

Without knowing just what you have..

It all depends how the valve is configured .

No Instructions ?? No operators manual

If you have no idea how this valve works it will be trail and error .

Give your self lots of room.

dropzone 01-20-2016 01:38 AM

So you are installing a line lock?
Or steering brakes

nv4runner 01-20-2016 07:50 PM

How about letting us know who made the hydro brake thingy and the model? That will clear up a lot of the inability to answer your question.

Hopefully it was designed to allow the brakes to function properly when the lever is in the off position.
A dump truck I used to drive used a similar system to what you are describing. To make it work I had to flip the lever and hit the brakes, or hold down the brake pedal and then flip the lever. If it relies on pressure from the master cylinder to work it might not be what you are looking for in a drift rig. That is, unless you plan on initiating a drift with the brake pedal.

donomite49 01-21-2016 01:19 AM

If you can't find the info online, you can go to a drift event, check out the cars and pick the brains of the people that build them.

muddpigg 01-21-2016 04:49 AM

I'm curious to see a diagram. As it sounds like it just replace e-brake but you loose emergency brake capabilities if there is damage to a hydraulic line. Or a better product discription.

I may not have any advice to help but curious about the set up.

wyoming9 01-21-2016 10:25 AM

Not sure is this a case of reading something about what your into then buying something used you have no idea how it works.

Going to school years ago for E&E we just learned the yank on the E-brake handle to do a Boot leggers 360

Under powered and FWd cars took all the fun out of things