YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   How to jack the rear up...? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/how-jack-rear-up-166869/)

quadrider32 02-12-2009 06:02 PM

How to jack the rear up...?

I just put in a 3inch body lift and the ass-end is still saggin like it did before. Is there anyway I can level it up with the front?
thanks for the input

tc 02-12-2009 06:06 PM

4Runner or truck?
4Runner - coil spring spacer or new springs
truck - add a leaf or new spring pack
either - lower the tbars in the front

... and sorry, but if you put on a body lift to fix suspension sag, you ain't exactly the brightest bulb in the box now are ya? ...

needlepimp 02-12-2009 06:06 PM

what kind of vehicle?

Plumbrbob 02-12-2009 06:18 PM

would'nt longer shackles work too if its a leaf spring suspension??

iamsuperbleeder 02-12-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Plumbrbob (Post 51057727)
would'nt longer shackles work too if its a leaf spring suspension??

To a point, yes...

Remember, however longer a shackle is than the stock shackle, the lift acheived is only goning to be half that length. For instance, I have WabFab shackles on my 91 PU that are 3.5" longer than stock, so that nets me 1.75" of lift. Well, it would if my rear springs weren't saggin like an old ladies... nevermind...

On that note, stupidly long shackels are not a good thing. The longer they get, the more flimsy they tend to get, so keep that in mind...

Plumbrbob 02-12-2009 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder (Post 51057741)

On that note, stupidly long shackels are not a good thing. The longer they get, the more flimsy they tend to get, so keep that in mind...

I have seen some super long home made shackles they look craZy!

I am running TG 6" shackles on 4" TG springs I have no problems with them at that length.

Junkers88 02-12-2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by tc (Post 51057699)
4Runner or truck?
4Runner - coil spring spacer or new springs
truck - add a leaf or new spring pack
either - lower the tbars in the front

You can also add coils to the rear leaf spring pack on either rig to level it out.

ZUK mod.

RoBatt 02-12-2009 06:43 PM

if you have a 2nd gen 4runner on coils i will have some up for sale in early march for $100 that will fix the sag
here is the link: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f11/...y-butt-165239/

iamsuperbleeder 02-12-2009 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Plumbrbob (Post 51057747)
I have seen some super long home made shackles they look craZy!

I am running TG 6" shackles on 4" TG springs I have no problems with them at that length.

yeah, I wouldn't go much longer than 8" overall length, personally... I don't know how long these are total...

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/shackles.jpg

85excab 02-12-2009 08:11 PM

the op seriously thought a body lift would cure a saggin arse? wow now ive seen it all
heres an ideal, cut the front body lift pucks in half and the middle ones at 75%, and walla its level

91TPU 02-12-2009 08:25 PM

how about a suspension lift?

but really tho...add a leaf, coil spacers, new coils, etc....really all depends on what you drive...need more info

did you install the bl to fix the sag, or was it just for overall lift

abecedarian 02-12-2009 08:25 PM

always drive downhill.
smaller tires up front / larger tires out back.

rangerruck 02-12-2009 08:29 PM

somewhere on here, maybe in the repairs or tech section, there is a good homie here , who shows how to fix this prob, with an extra leaf, at home, with pics included. Such good peeps!!!!

Belize Off Road Team 02-13-2009 04:53 AM

just buy new lift springs, either leaf or coil what ever you have.

quadrider32 02-13-2009 04:59 AM

Wow, first post and im getting accused of being some sort of retard...

I knew before that the body lift would not fix the sag. I just wanted to mention that I just put a body lift and that my next step was to work on leveling it up a bit.

BTW its a 2nd gen 4runner

needlepimp 02-13-2009 05:28 AM

here's your answer

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f11/...y-butt-165239/

Bobzombie 02-13-2009 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by quadrider32 (Post 51057698)
I just put in a 3inch body lift and the ass-end is still saggin like it did before.

Sorry man You gotta watch your wording. It sure sounded like you were supprised it wasnt fixed!?
Anyway Coil spacers or coil springs will bring your runners butt back up. Super easy to install inexpensive to purchase
Try SDORI spacers
These seem to be very popular!!

chewie1014 02-13-2009 06:28 AM

Trying to refrain from making a smartass comment here...if you were a buddy in my garage, I'd be laughing pretty hard at you right now. But you question seems genuine, so I'll hold my tongue.

I'm assuming a 4runner. The rear sags because the leaf springs are the same ones the used for the trucks. They didn't account for the several-hundred pounds of extra weight added by the 4runner and the impact it'd have on the leafs. So the ass sags. I've not seen a first gen that doesn't and quite a few 2nd gens that do as well. A body lift does nothing to fix the problem...just gets the body higher in the air.

Solution. Add a leaf or just replace the stocks with new. Adding a leaf is cheaper (not entirely easier) but still doesn't completely address the over-compressing of the stocks. Still, either will get the rear up.

quadrider32 02-13-2009 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by chewie1014 (Post 51058078)
Trying to refrain from making a smartass comment here...if you were a buddy in my garage, I'd be laughing pretty hard at you right now. But you question seems genuine, so I'll hold my tongue.

I'm assuming a 4runner. The rear sags because the leaf springs are the same ones the used for the trucks. They didn't account for the several-hundred pounds of extra weight added by the 4runner and the impact it'd have on the leafs. So the ass sags. I've not seen a first gen that doesn't and quite a few 2nd gens that do as well. A body lift does nothing to fix the problem...just gets the body higher in the air.

Solution. Add a leaf or just replace the stocks with new. Adding a leaf is cheaper (not entirely easier) but still doesn't completely address the over-compressing of the stocks. Still, either will get the rear up.

Thanks for the help man but I did know the body lift would not have helped the sag. As said before, I worded it wrong. I dont wanna come across as some unintelligble contributor to this website.

chewie1014 02-13-2009 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by quadrider32 (Post 51058091)
Thanks for the help man but I did know the body lift would not have helped the sag. As said before, I worded it wrong. I dont wanna come across as some unintelligble contributor to this website.

Now I'm the retard...I completely missed your second post. And know that I was 100% kidding with you. That's why I couched it as picking on a buddy in the garage. We all do it...and it's lots of fun. :banger:

New coils is what you need. It'll also help it ride a LOT smoother.

It's also okay to be unintelligble on some things. That's how we learn. Some folks don't realize that and are pretty harsh on any person that has an honest question they think is stupid. I can do without them. But for the most part, people here are just picking when they fire back with a zinger. Not all, but most. Welcome to the forum. Now that you've been properly initiated, feel free to fire back.