Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Head gasket job completed, still running like a crippled sloth

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get new O rings for the injectors, all of them. if they haven't been changed in the life of the truck, and one is leaking, the others are in short pursuit, besides its 2 O rings per injector and they're really cheap so why not?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Nik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got new ones. just put em on today
Old 05-15-2013, 08:14 PM

thats good, should be the fix
Old 05-16-2013, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by bruno4turbo
also make sure your vacuum lines are correct, i did the HG on mine in december, and couldn't get it running good for the life of me, so i found 4 different vac diagrams and kept messing with my lines until it purred. also my injectors where in really good condition but the wiring harness wouldn't clip on correctly so it felt like they where broken, spliced new connectors and used zip ties to hold em for good measure, work like new.

side note, if the diff was messed up, drain flush and refill your transmission, if its really old fluid it'll effect the driving capabilities of the truck, also it looks nice on the "for sale" add usually its just a problem on automatics but in extreme cases it does mess with manuals.

also if sold a vehicle under the impression of perfect/great running condition "no mechanical issues" etc, and you find in the first 6 months, non-driver abuse issue arises, by law you can get your money back. as long as no where in their advertisement of the vehicle said "sold as is" private or dealership sales they can't knowingly sell you something broken without notifying you first.
Not sure where you get your info but you "cant" get your money back on a private sale. Theres no law that protects you from a private sale. You could take them to court and maybe win but thats it.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by spideynut
Not sure where you get your info but you "cant" get your money back on a private sale. Theres no law that protects you from a private sale. You could take them to court and maybe win but thats it.
just a lawyer buddy of mine said, when I was shopping for my first truck, that if you get a lemon, and HAD asked about any existing problems, there was ways to get your money back. its so that people saying it's "great" or "perfect", selling someone your "great vehicle, no issues" and a week later the engine throws a rod. If you ask when buying "what, if any, issues does it have..." sellers can get a way with "oh leaks a little oil" or "probably due for a clutch" anything to identify any existing problems if asked. if you don't ask they don't have to tell you anything.

also another buddy of mine was sued for selling a "broken" vehicle, but since the buyer had brought it to his mechanic before he bought it, and the mechanic gave it the OK and my buddy and his mechanic where unaware of a problem the case was dropped.

but okay, you can't get money back on private sale, maybe my buddy was wrong, i've never tried it, because i ask all the questions and point out all the problems that the sellers are trying to not mention because "oh a girl is gonna buy this truck? she won't even notice the rear main is leaking, and it needs all new bushings...etc"
Old 05-16-2013, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by bruno4turbo
just a lawyer buddy of mine said, when I was shopping for my first truck, that if you get a lemon, and HAD asked about any existing problems, there was ways to get your money back. its so that people saying it's "great" or "perfect", selling someone your "great vehicle, no issues" and a week later the engine throws a rod. If you ask when buying "what, if any, issues does it have..." sellers can get a way with "oh leaks a little oil" or "probably due for a clutch" anything to identify any existing problems if asked. if you don't ask they don't have to tell you anything.

also another buddy of mine was sued for selling a "broken" vehicle, but since the buyer had brought it to his mechanic before he bought it, and the mechanic gave it the OK and my buddy and his mechanic where unaware of a problem the case was dropped.

but okay, you can't get money back on private sale, maybe my buddy was wrong, i've never tried it, because i ask all the questions and point out all the problems that the sellers are trying to not mention because "oh a girl is gonna buy this truck? she won't even notice the rear main is leaking, and it needs all new bushings...etc"
You can sue someone for selling a broken car but goodluck getting your money back. Ive won 3 civil suits and never saw a dime. I just dont want a kid to read this and think the law protects him from people lying. It doesnt. No matter what the ad says you buy it its yours. Not his.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by spideynut
You can sue someone for selling a broken car but goodluck getting your money back. Ive won 3 civil suits and never saw a dime. I just dont want a kid to read this and think the law protects him from people lying. It doesnt. No matter what the ad says you buy it its yours. Not his.
okay then. just a messenger here
Old 05-17-2013, 05:41 AM

Get all the injector replaced. That would cause ur code 25 and rough idle problem. I will need to get mine replace. I think there is a guy in washington state who do it for 17$$ each injector??... I forgot his website but yotatec member can get it for u.

Last edited by Guardian_Saint; 05-17-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Nik

More problems, i have everything together and the starter wont engage when you go to start it. Dash lights come on, has a full charge but it wont turn over at all, and then the alarm will suddenly start going off sporadically?? It was turning over fine until a few minutes ago it suddenly started doing this.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Nik

anyone?? this thing is my DD and i have to get out and find a job ASAP, i now have no more money for parts or anything
Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 PM

About your alarm. Do you think it has a kill switch? For mine, I pulled out the fuse to the alarm.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:21 PM
Nik

Fixed the alarm, I unplugged the alarm computer under the dash. It runs now but still stumbles when i step on the pedal, I made sure the vacuum hoses are all in the right place, I'm thinking its stumbling because of a lack of fuel pressure, fuel pump maybe? what do you guys think