YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   fuel shutoff (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/fuel-shutoff-306649/)

JosephMontes 01-04-2019 11:25 AM

fuel shutoff

im new here on this site but i know a pretty good bit about theses trucks ive been building my daily for 4 years a 1992 pickup 4wd 3.0 but my question is does this have to do with afm or ecu when the truck hits 110 it shuts the fuel out then kicks back on at 100 i have a fully nitrous built motor and yeah i know its just a 3.blow its not worth messing with but what the hell just having fun with it and one more problem is tuning i can get it tuned and running good but every now and then i have problems getting the afm to adjust it has the supra afm on it and i have a adjustable fuel pressure regulator too

RAD4Runner 01-04-2019 12:23 PM

Are you kidding? 110 MPH? Those trucks are not meant to be driven that fast.
There might be a governor. I know that on my 2001 Nissan XTerra governor kicks in at 95 MPH.

JosephMontes 01-04-2019 02:09 PM

It’s built for that I have it build like a show/ street truck like some people on here call them mall crawlers but it’s built to be safe going that fast but would the governor be in the ecu

thefishguy77 01-04-2019 02:17 PM

Some on toyotaminis have reports the same thing. Not sure on older trucks but to disable it on newer OBD2 systems it is usually a flash and new map of the computer. I dont think that is even possible on OBD1 systems.
Either wat if your doing that on a public road your a menace and need to find a track to drive on.

Every person I know that moved from the street to the track says the same thing. "I cant believe I was that stupid to do that on public roads." This is usually after either they leaver the track at speed or the witness someone else leave the track at speed.

REMEMBER
If you loose tire adhesion at say 90 MPH you will probably not get it back until you are below 10 MPH.

What are you running for tires, breaks and suspension. If stock then don't bother to reply and please shred your license for the good of the general public.

thefishguy77 01-04-2019 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by JosephMontes
It’s built for that I have it build like a show/ street truck like some people on here call them mall crawlers but it’s built to be safe going that fast but would the governor be in the ecu

A mall crawler is a lifted rig that never sees dirt. If you taking a lifted truck to that speed make sure you have a will in place so your family isnt left with a insurmountable S**t show WHEN you have a failure.

Edit. You should have a minimum of T rates tires and 118MPH is the max speed rating for that level. U rated would be better.

Post up specs of your rig that shows its built for speed if you don't want to get flamed for reckless driving.

JosephMontes 01-04-2019 05:10 PM

Tires are toyo proxes st iii there V rated I think that’s up to 149 under good conditions breaks are brembo calipers with yellow brembo pads drilled and slotted rotors truck is stock height in the rear with total chaos long travel kit up front rear brakes are stock I don’t know if they make anything for the rear I want to eventually swap drum brakes for disc brakes in the rear. Rear end is built 4.88 ratio with auburn gear posi track locker and nitro chromoly axles and I hardly ever go that fast on the road I live right down the road from a track I go to run it and another question with about the motor have y’all ever had oil coming through the bracket bolts for the clutch and power steering if so what did y’all use to stop it

thefishguy77 01-04-2019 07:00 PM

I dont know the 3.0 at all so I am no help with the oil leaks. Thats good you keep it on the track. I dont feel there is any place for that on the road. After 750,000 miles I have seen some horrible wrecks and most were caused by too fast for conditions.

Have you had any professional lessons?

ksti 01-04-2019 07:21 PM

Wheres the pics?:cam:

JosephMontes 01-04-2019 08:48 PM

Not really I grew up into it with my dad I wasn’t gonna have this truck at first I had a 69 chevelle I had been restoring till our shop burned down then I bought this one from the junkyard fixed it and have been slowy building it and I when I said mall crawler I thought that was what y’all meant like what I had been doing to mine I’ve read a few stuff on here before I signed up and kinda thought that’s what y’all meant

JosephMontes 01-04-2019 08:50 PM

Here’s before I put the total chaos kit on I’ll have to get some more pictures in the morning

JosephMontes 01-04-2019 08:53 PM

thefishguy77 01-05-2019 03:55 PM

Thats a clean rig man but I would seriously consider you aero before you break 80+

ev13wt 01-08-2019 02:39 AM

I break 80 every day in my 32 year old rig with MTs.

Here I am on the Autobahn. Drive home from work every day like this. It's really just fine. Don't see a problem with 100mph in a maintained rig with proper tires.

OP, consider narrower rims. Those are a bit to wide for the tires. Not safe at those speeds.
MY 87 doesn't have a vehicle speed sensor, just a mechanical cable. Unhook your speedo and see what happens?