Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Considering Fresh Paint... Is Xtra Cab window weatherstrip available anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 02:59 PM
OCD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering Fresh Paint... Is Xtra Cab window weatherstrip available anywhere?

Like the tittle says, i'm looking to get a paint job on my 1987 DLX Xtra Cab Toyota. I will be doing all new seals/ weatherstripping on the exterior. The part im looking for is the gasket that surrounds the Xtra Cab rear windows. All OEM Toyota sites state "unavailable" or "discontinued".

I would like OEM but if not, is there an aftermarket option or even a seal available with the correct profile of the original seal?

My other thought is to blank the windows out with sheet metal and blend it in to the surrounding body before paint.

Thanks for the assistance.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I have gotten them from salvage yards before in great shape. You could also put up a "Want Ad"
Old 03-04-2017, 05:50 PM
OCD

Cool, I was looking a couple years ago at getting the weatherstrip/ gaskets that I would need to revamp the exterior and it seems like they were all available at that time. I guess ill have to look for used or hope for some NOS pieces. Most Toyotas of this vintage go straight to Mexico before they make the nunkyard, at least in Texas

Thanks for you input.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
There is a salvage yard in Nixa Mo that told me he would mail parts. It is B&B Salvage. I got the head liner out of one of his trucks and when I pulled the Extra Cab glass, it had some great ones on it. I am sure he would mail them to you. There is a list somewhere on here that had a list of salvage yards that mailed parts. It has been a while since I have seen it. Also a place in Colorado that mails parts. Might check ebay.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for posting, I also am in need of the weatherstripping. Seems like door seals are a minor pain to get as well.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:59 PM

ebay. I am considering thwe same thing and found some there.