Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Come on Guinea pigs - get those 3vze LCE Headers!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Come on Guinea pigs - get those 3vze LCE Headers!

All kidding aside, anyone going to have some install pictures on a near stock rig with the LCE Headers for the 3vze?

Also, I contacted LCE yesterday to ask a few questions:

1) What gains have they dyno'd from their headers for the 3vze?

2) Why can't their "Pro flow" 2 1/4" exhaust system made for 22R/RE trucks work with the 3vze?

The answers I got were in a nutshell

1) They are installing a chassis dyno soon.

2) Their exhaust system wasn't made for V6 trucks (yet you and I all know that 2 1/4" is a good size to work with the 3vze, especially with headers, and that I can't see a reason why it wouldn't work - the hangers are the same, they have the same clearances, routing, etc.). Plus my 2" Borla catback was designed for both 22RE and 3vze equipped trucks and works on both.

Last edited by CoedNaked; 09-18-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Well Jason should be getting his headers soon, so hopfally we can go check them out when they arrive then we can take lots of pictures!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if LCE isn't blowing smoke up my ass again they should be shipping tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath though...they've promised before. LCE also said that when they ship, it will be the first shipment to regular consumers. The last shipment was just for shop owners and dealers. Is that how you got yours Canadiantoy??

I have my latest little goody bag from the dealer to keep me busy for a couple days anyways.

Jason
Old 09-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned for being an asshat

Lightbulb

Thus why I'm waiting to decide on whether to buy in or not.
I wanna se some numbers/etc, as well as CARB Certification, now that we've moved out here.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Green93
Well if LCE isn't blowing smoke up my ass again they should be shipping tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath though...they've promised before. LCE also said that when they ship, it will be the first shipment to regular consumers. The last shipment was just for shop owners and dealers. Is that how you got yours Canadiantoy??

I have my latest little goody bag from the dealer to keep me busy for a couple days anyways.

Jason

They still have not shown up?!?! Jeeze, thats lame.

Hey LCE, im not impressed here..
Old 09-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm running the Downey headers for my 3.0, and they work great, esp with a header back full custom flowmaster 2.5 inch exhaust.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:44 PM

I was looking at the Downey headers on the LCE website. The only thing about them is it seems everything is extra. Relocate the tranny cooler kit..extra. Crossover pipe...extra. LCE street header kit was one stop shopping and came out cheaper in the end. Plus the LCE kit is too new to have heard anything bad about yet.

Jason
Old 09-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Just make me a 3vze manifold connection pipe with a tringle flange on it to go under the passenger side for $50 bucks and I'll take it from there. THANKS!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:39 PM

Good point Jason.

And I hope to see/hear something good coming from these headers soon. I'm mainly concerned about clearances and routing right now, hence needing to see some Guinea pigs. I'm already pretty optimistic about the kit coming with all the neccessary equipment to bolt them on properly as well as to install emissions fittings, etc.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i cant trust lce anymore with the crap they did to me and destroying my block and I didnt see a dime from them for it. I love my downey headers they were built better and flow much nicer hence the cost. lc are cheap a$$es worthless when it comes to helping you buisness and performance wise. I would forget it and go downey IMO they were designed for low end revs aswell as high speed wide open throttle. great and well trussed. The only problem I see with the downeys are you will have to fab up a completly custom crossover to make it work. $$$ with shop work but if you can weld then make your own sick exhaust and again go downey. (sorry for the LC flamming thats just how I feel about them and forever will)
Old 09-19-2007, 07:59 PM

Just did a quick price comparison to show Jason's point.

LCE Headers $800 on their website. Includes crossover and appears to include all fittings, nuts, bolts, etc. to do the job (apparenlty - could be wrong).

Downey Headers $575 for ceramic headers - $120 for crossover pipe, plus $31 for optional fitting to reconnect to stock cat (I believe the LCE's are designed to fit right onto the stock cat). If you have an automatic 3vze, the transfer case replumbing kit costs $115 additonal for the Downey headers, so you're looking at over $800 if you have an auto. Mind you the LCE's we're not exactly sure how they are routed, but I'm guessing they're probably on par or better than the NWOR headers. In my mind Downey really adds too much "drama" with their headers, mind you it might work for some people I guess. LCE just gives you one simple purchase price which includes everything, and I'm guessing it is routed/plumbed in such a way to as avoid issues with clearances.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:00 PM

Fills4runner4, can you elaborate?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 PM

When I bought my LCE headers they were $649US so that made an even bigger price difference. Not sure why they jumped the price $150.

Jason
Old 09-19-2007, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by CoedNaked
Fills4runner4, can you elaborate?
On what why i dislike lc or why downey is good?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:42 PM

Fill - on what prompted you to have a distaste for LCE?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 PM

well to start professional help was not there, shipping sucked, parts sucked even worse. I bought there head studs and after installing my head a stud broke off. Now i know arp makes the studs however after removing all the studs on the side i put them on each and everyone was stripped. one whole entire side of my block was destroyed and a few on the other side. also i had a broken stud in my block now. I called lc and they blamed me of corse for installing them wrong BS i know what i was doing. they asked if I wanted new ones. dah dah dah are you serious another 200 on top of what they will not refund me. They then asked me what size bolts were they so if I wanted more they could get me them. well hell i bought them online and it was the 5vz kit no specific size implied what so ever anywere. they sold me a size to small ending up costing me about $1000 in repairs. (rediculous) i had purchased a few other misc things before same with a buddy of mine each time they call back the following week as in if i buy them monday they call me the following monday to tell me the parts are on backorder. thanks but never again will I deal with there services. i have absolutly had it with them and im not the only one. Just beware of the headers cause im sure they are cheap just like there entire company. thats why sorry to butt into the post but the questuion was asked
Old 09-24-2007, 05:11 PM

When I got home today I had one of those little Canada Post slips in the mail. I'll have a package at 1:30 tomorrow. I'm just crossing my fingers. I grilled the little woman and she isn't expecting anything. Maybe I'll have some new toys tomorrow.

Jason
Old 09-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

Woo!! post pictures when you get it
Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 PM

Hey Jason - when are we coming over for beers and um, to help you install them? Hey jay351 - we can get you some near-beer too if you're coming?
Old 09-24-2007, 10:43 PM

I want to put them on ASAP cuz I'm about done everything else. I think the only other thing I want to do is rebuild my starter and that can be done after the engine is sitting in the bay.

I'll have some cold Canadian and I think there might be a couple root-beers around here for Jay351.

And by the way....don't you have to be like 50 to be middle aged???

I'll post up tomorrow and we'll settle on what day and time would be best.

Jason

Quick Reply: Come on Guinea pigs - get those 3vze LCE Headers!