86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cluster on 22re with fuel lines and injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cluster on 22re with fuel lines and injectors

i have recently pulled the body off of my yota to make a rockcrawler and i made the HUGE mistake in not cataloging the wires and fuel lines and injectors.

so now i started to rewire for the only things i need ie: fuel pump, starter, injectors etc.
i know it runs since we put gas in through the air intake and it ran but the injectors are not working to keep it running. what i would like to know is where can i get a schematic with the injector wires and where the fuel lines go or if someone has any suggestions. i have the Haynes manual for a complete rebuild but cant figure out where some lines go. i will post some pics when my motorola program updates
also forgot to mention it is an 87 4runner with the 22re

these are the pics i did have as i am keeping a picture log of my progress in my quest to make my first rockcrawler
http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ner%20Crawler/

Last edited by slayyerr; 08-08-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:48 AM

ok the pictures are small (from my cell phone) and i dont have batteries for my digital camera so i wil try to explain

i have no idea where it goes after that
and here i am not sure what lines connect to what for the return lines

and this is the cluster f*** i am dealing with

i recently found out that i HAVE to have the injectors in the right order or they will not fire. i know where 1 goes since the connector broke and i had to put some zip ties on it so it would stay on but now i have to play with the other 3 plugs.

Last edited by slayyerr; 08-08-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The FSM has a lot of wire diagrams, that may be what you are looking for.

Looks like you have your hands full with that one.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:07 PM

Looking at that rats nest if you didn't label your in trouble. you may be better off ripping everything out and starting over with and aftermarket like mega-squirt.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:13 AM

to tell ya the truth the wiring is not my problem..its the injectors not working. i really can not read the diagrams in the haynes book. i got the truck running by putting gas in through the air cleaner tube but will not stay running and that leaves me to believe that the injectors are not working or plugged. i still need to check the plugs for current with my volt meter to see if they do have power. if they do i think i need to play around with them to get them in the right spot. one of them i KNOW where they go since the clip broke and i need zip ties to hold it on so i really only need to mess with the other 3.
I hope to get this thing done for the 4x4 rally here in Mexico soon. i really love this 4runner and has NEVER giving me problems (major problems). water pump went out once and got a new one, took out the a/c since the lines were badly broken(was in a crash before i bought it) other than that i had no problems(oh the berings on the right front wheel disintegrated and i got another rotor, brakes, half shaft, and arms from the junk yard.

How do you tell if it is a 1st or 2nd gen...would it be on the vin or the motor?
Old 08-10-2008, 07:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
is the air flow meter all hooked up?

the injectors are wired in parallel and all fire at the same time. they all connect together at the resistor on the fender well.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:30 AM

they fire at the same time? there is no delay for each piston? and yes the air flow meter is hooked up.

umm there IS no more firewall let alone a fender lol but i will have to look for this resistor, does the same resistor also have the fuel pump hooked to it?
Old 08-24-2008, 08:37 PM

i FINALLY found the relay for the fuel injectors, i had put it up on a shelf outside during the DEconstruction of my Yota. so now all i have to do is wait for my battery to come back from my brothers house to try to see if that was my problem.