Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

brembo blanks where do you getn them for a 4x4 4runner?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
brembo blanks where do you getn them for a 4x4 4runner?

I have searched and searched for the best combination for brakes for my rig

95 4runner 4x4 v6 3.0

most of you recomend brembo blanks. Where did you get them?? I can only find them for the 2 wheel 4runners are they the same or different???
Thanks and sorry for bringing up another brake question
Old 11-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
tirerack.com
Old 11-22-2006, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1styota4X4
I have searched and searched for the best combination for brakes for my rig

95 4runner 4x4 v6 3.0

most of you recomend brembo blanks. Where did you get them?? I can only find them for the 2 wheel 4runners are they the same or different???
Thanks and sorry for bringing up another brake question
So my question for the day is what is wrong with the stock brakes? My other interest are motorcycles and mountain bikes and the same question always pop up on I need better brakes and I always will ask what is wrong with your current setup being on a car, truck, motorcycle or mountain bike and it aways seems to end up with the reply that I can not stop quick enough which seems resonable enough but when I dig deeper I aways find that they are locking up their tires which in itself tells you the brake are more than enough to stop the car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle but the weak link is either the tires are to hard and will not stick of the operator thinks the brake pedal/lever is an on off switch and does not know how to properly use the brakes.

So my point is do you want to improve the feel of braking so that you feel that you can stop quicker then first get the brakes in good to spec working order, install tires that will allow you to stop quicker. If you are using the truck as mainly a street ride then mud tires might look great but they suck for stopping on the pavement. Now the same is true for offroad street tires suck in that department where the mud tires will have better bite on the soft stuff.

Now if you want a better feel you can replace the brake hoses with stainless steel or kevlar line which will improve the feel at the pedal.

You will be amazed at how well the brakes will work if you have the rotors and drums turned and install new pads and shoes and replace the brake fluid with new.

Sorry for the rant but brakes are only as good as the tires will allow them to be!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tkm433
<SNIP>

Now if you want a better feel you can replace the brake hoses with stainless steel or kevlar line which will improve the feel at the pedal.

<SNIP>
That's not true on any late model vehicle (assuming that the hoses are ok to start with).
Back years ago yes, the rubber componded hoses would expand under the pressure of braking, but the moden componds don't.

Fred
Old 11-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Drama Queen/Banned

IME paying extra for Brembo brake rotor blanks is like tossing money in the trash. Your better off buying new rotors from Napa IMO.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:59 PM

Yall seem to forget the bling factor

Old 11-23-2006, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by FredTJ
That's not true on any late model vehicle (assuming that the hoses are ok to start with).
Back years ago yes, the rubber componded hoses would expand under the pressure of braking, but the moden componds don't.

Fred
Define years ago? You are correct that modern hoses do not expand as much as say the hoses from the early 80's and before but rubber hoses do expand.

I have not used stainless steel or kelvar reinforced lines on my trucks or cars over the years but have on all of my street motorcycles and they have always changed the feel at the lever. I would bet money that the motorcycle and car industry uses the came PSI rated and quality rate hoses.

Now do we need to install these types of barke lines on our trucks, cars or motorcycles? I would say no.