Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

The Ball Joint spacer/Cruiser Coil - Longer Shock P/N thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cheese is using Rancho 5009's and I think Bill has 9009's (?). I'm still waiting on Bilstein (Shane Casad) to come back with something. Based on what they say, I'll be able to figure out something on the OME option so everyone can have their choice.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cebby
Cheese is using Rancho 5009's and I think Bill has 9009's (?). I'm still waiting on Bilstein (Shane Casad) to come back with something. Based on what they say, I'll be able to figure out something on the OME option so everyone can have their choice.
Well, hurry up, I just need shocks and a panhard bracket and I'm set. Bah, actually, I'm probably just going to go rs5000s...

Yeah, the marlin brake lines are long, they are about 1/8" away from rubbing stuff down there with my downey springs. But I've got the diff breather tube, brakeline and ARB line all bundled together and the diff tube somewhat protects the brake line right now. I'm going to wrap it all up with some protective plastic tubing before my death valley trip in Feb.

Anyway, the blue line is better. I'm color coordinated with my blue stripes down the side of the truck.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:22 PM

Hey Steve..... Look what came to me from a Marlin board member from Arizona last week...

Old 01-31-2005, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Robinhood150
Anyway, the blue line is better. I'm color coordinated with my blue stripes down the side of the truck.
You still have the graphics?
Old 01-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Contributing Member

Bastard!!!

Of course I still have the graphics...all the cool people have them.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Robinhood150
Of course I still have the graphics...all the cool people have them.
Foiled again....
Old 02-01-2005, 04:29 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only have one for the rear (the other two are for the front). Order up a replacement - IN BLUE and I'll get this one to you. I'll be downtown tomorrow likely.
Mike,

I'll be traveling to Maryland today but if you're in town, could you drop off the brake line at my office. Humm, that bracket looks just like the one I have in my tool chest!

Yea, I have Rancho 9009s.

Question on the brake proportioning valve relocation bracket:

Right now, with the Downey HD springs I'm using the middle set of holes. After I put in the Cruiser coils and the panhard drop, should I use the upper most set of holes or is that only if you have a full 4" suspension lift like the Procomp or Superlift system?
Old 02-01-2005, 04:52 AM

I would try it in the upper-most holes. The Cruiser coils will bring the rear up at least 4" from the stock sagging position.

AFAIK, the position of the LPV dictates how much rear brake bias you get. This will probably be something that will need to be fine tuned. That LPV bracket is just a plate - we can make a custom one if need be.

I'll see if I can squeeze in getting over to your office - the schedule is a bit tight today. If I don't make it, we can meet up tomorrow or Thurs.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:17 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Tools R Us
The stock rear coils and shocks from my '96 LX450 are on a buddy's '90 Runner, the shocks look a little long but have not had a chance to measure them yet, they ride nice on the street. If you are looking for cruiser coils here is a free set:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=31434
Are these the land Cruiser coils ? I've got the Downey HD coils in now on my
1990 runner but would like a little more lift. Are they still available ?
Knoxville, TN 37803
Old 02-01-2005, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Doc279
Are these the land Cruiser coils ? I've got the Downey HD coils in now on my
1990 runner but would like a little more lift. Are they still available ?
Knoxville, TN 37803
Follow the link to IH8MUD.com and post an inquiry. I don't think these are "Tools R Us's" coils. Free is good.

If you can't find them, try www.Sleeoffroad.com Christo has stock take offs all the time.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Contributing Member

Follow the link to IH8MUD.com and post an inquiry. I don't think these are "Tools R Us's" coils. Free is good.

If you can't find them, try www.Sleeoffroad.com Christo has stock take offs all the time.
Did I read the post wrong ? I thought these were a set of land cruiser coils.
I have the stock set from the Downey install - I don't throw anything away either.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:14 AM

Let me explain better....

Yes, we are talking about Land Cruiser 80 series stock rear coils. The link provided was to the IH8MUD site (Land Cruiser site) where the free coils were being offered.

If they are no longer available, you can contact Slee. They modify Land Cruisers and in the process of replacing suspension components, they have stock Land Cruiser coils for sale (I called them take-offs)
Old 02-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member

Let me explain better....

Yes, we are talking about Land Cruiser 80 series stock rear coils. The link provided was to the IH8MUD site (Land Cruiser site) where the free coils were being offered.

If they are no longer available, you can contact Slee. They modify Land Cruisers and in the process of replacing suspension components, they have stock Land Cruiser coils for sale (I called them take-offs)
Thanks Cebby - I went back and read the post again - then realized that he provided a reference to the IH8mud site. I just saw the FREE part and wanted them for myself. As I understand it, the land cruiser coils will give me another 2" of lift in the rear versus the Downey HD coils - correct ?
Then when I add the ball joint spacers and crank the bars a little - it will even out - correct ? I already wheel this runner with 1" body lift and the Downey rear coils - I am hoping to add a rear locker ( selectable ) this year.

Free is good when trying to afford this crazy habit !!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 06:36 AM

I got my coils from Christo - hence the plug. I bought two pair since there was all this talk of long side and short side coils. This was pretty much unfounded when the coils arrived. The difference in height between the long and short side coils was like 1/4".
Old 02-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Contributing Member

I've got a full inch of difference between my cruiser coils. I figure I'm going to put the long side on the passenger side so that my gas tank is higher.

About the lspv bracket...Measure your height at the wheel well before the cruiser install and after the cruiser install. The difference is how much higher you want your lspv bracket.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Well my truck is RED! niener niener!

Of course I still have the graphics...all the cool people have them. :
I have the stripes too! Does that mean Im cool?!?
Old 02-01-2005, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by 914runner
I have the stripes too! Does that mean Im cool?!?
Yep. Cool.

Cool like

Ummm, j/k....
Old 02-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Contributing Member

Yer just jealous
Old 02-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Doc279
As I understand it, the land cruiser coils will give me another 2" of lift in the rear versus the Downey HD coils - correct ?
Then when I add the ball joint spacers and crank the bars a little - it will even out - correct ? I already wheel this runner with 1" body lift and the Downey rear coils -
I don't think you will have to touch your torsion bars. I have the Downey HD springs and after I did the BJ spacer install (about three weeks ago) the front end lifted up so high that now the 4Runner looks like it did BEFORE I added the Downeys (read the rear end looks like it is sagging) so now I'm going to replace the Downeys with Cruiser coils. Hopefully that will raise the rear back up higher than the front!
Old 02-02-2005, 05:14 AM

Okay Ive been trying to figure out ALL the parts that I would need to do this lift and WHERE To get everything

1991 4Skinner, 4x4, 4cy, Auto.l

The Shocks I have a Skyjacker and they will work from Stock to 3" Of Lift.

So Im trying to make a complete list of stuff that Ill need.

1: Cruiser Coils (Year make model ? How much lift will these get me?)
2: Pan Hard drop Bracket ? To match the lift of the C-Coils right
3: Brake Valve thingy Bracket? Once again to match the lift
4: Brake Lines... That ones easy
5: 1.5" Ball joint spacers. Than crank the t-bars to match the rear ?
6: Manual Hubs to release the stress on the CV's

Am I missing anything ?

Now where can I buy all this ?

Quick Reply: The Ball Joint spacer/Cruiser Coil - Longer Shock P/N thread