Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Anyone used a BDS suspension lift?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone used a BDS suspension lift?

I was looking at doing a suspension lift sometime in the near future. I had originally thought about doing the ProComp stage 2 lift. But when I went to a local shop about the lift, they rocommended not using the ProComp. It is because the drop bracket bolts together, rather than it being one piece. He showed me exactly what he was talking about and it makes perfect sense. He said that they are difficult to keep aligned and that he has had plenty come back to get that bolt replaced form breakage off-road. I have seen where people on here use the Superlift kit. That is one on my list. But I was wondering if anyone had used the BDS kit? It has a no-questions asked, will replace it if it breaks and you are the original owner, warranty. This is what the guy at the shop recommended. So, I know you are probably all tired of reading my short story; sorry! Look forward to your help. Thanks
Old 07-13-2006, 06:25 PM

The BDS kit looks just like the superlift kit. The only problem i had with the Superlift kit was the camber alignment bolts/ washers that came with it.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:21 PM

What problem did you have with the camber alignment bolts and washers? Did they just not line up or what?
Old 07-14-2006, 03:46 PM

If your set on a nice 4-6 in Drop bracket kit, look into superlift, otherwise id do the typical bj spacer and new rear springs. maybe a body lift.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:38 PM

When I got my super lift lit (4-5 years ago)it came with some oversized ecliptcal washers, I had to pop off the OE washers from the bolts and press on the Superlift washers. Well the softer metal just striped out and I had to go and buy new OEM bolts. And My camber was messed up for a while /-\ like this. i saw very little tire wear due to the 0 toe I had set up, it just looked funny.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:42 PM

Sonofmayhem-I see where you recommend the ball jount spacer and the springs; but I don't think that it will be able to clear the 37's that I have in mind. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to do a suspension and body lift; and I am not cutting my fenders all up.

LocknGo-After you fixed your problem, did you have any others?
Old 07-15-2006, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by killa66cam
Sonofmayhem-I see where you recommend the ball jount spacer and the springs; but I don't think that it will be able to clear the 37's that I have in mind. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have to do a suspension and body lift; and I am not cutting my fenders all up.

LocknGo-After you fixed your problem, did you have any others?
It's a pretty good design, I just tore my first CV boot. The rear Superlift springs are still a little stiff but I can live with that I'll probly yank a leaf out when I do my Ubolt flip
Old 07-15-2006, 06:29 AM

[QUOTE=LOCKnGO]It's a pretty good design, I just tore my first CV boot. The rear Superlift springs are still a little stiff but I can live with that I'll probly yank a leaf out when I do my Ubolt flip[/QUOTE

That's good to hear. I know plenty of people recommend the Superlift kit. You just tore your first CV boot after what, like 5-6 years of it being on? I think that sounds pretty good, considering that is one of the main complaints that I here about doing suspension lifts. Yea, I'm not too worried about the springs being stiff. I'm probably gonna swap my torsion bars for some heavier duty ones, which will be plenty stiff. So, hopefully they'll match up and won't kill me! I appreciate all your info. later