YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   94 yota 4x4 cranking issues (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/94-yota-4x4-cranking-issues-289777/)

redneck17 07-07-2015 08:09 AM

94 yota 4x4 cranking issues

It will crank one minute then it may not crank. Yesterday I cranked it drove 6 miles down the road,killed it then it would not crank again until this morning. I thought the fuel pump had gone out until it cranked up this morning.Now I don't have a clue. Yesterday was not the first time to do this,but it has never taken this long to crank back up.It has a full tank of gas.Thanks for any help and I need help. It's about to drive me nuts

millball 07-07-2015 08:43 AM

Won't crank, or won't start??

These words mean different things to most folks.

Crank merely means that the starter will turn the engine over.

Start means that the engine runs.

Which one is your issue??

redneck17 07-07-2015 12:47 PM

Will not start then it might start. It might do fine for a week or two then won't start again. Do yall think it might be a relay of some kind.Ihave had in shops.one shop kept it for two months and it done fine then he went down the road and had to call his wrecker truck. He thought it was the main relay getting hot but changed it snd still does the same

RAD4Runner 07-07-2015 04:16 PM

So to be clear:
1) It cranks, meaning the starter turns the engine,
2) But you do not get the VROOM!

Originally Posted by redneck17 (Post 52279992)
Ihave had in shops.one shop kept it for two months and it done fine then he went down the road and had to call his wrecker truck. He thought it was the main relay getting hot but changed it snd still does the same

Don't trust those shops. Many are good at guessing and replacing parts blindly, then charging you, and when problems come back, they keep you money.
Find schematic for your specific truck and figure it out with the help of members here.

Do yall think it might be a relay of some kind.
No way to tell unless someone posts a schematic.

Re: Main relay
22RE's do not have a "Main Relay" I wonder if the later models have this?

RJR 07-08-2015 06:31 AM

The closest thing to a "main relay" that a 94 would have is the EFI relay, which powers up the I/O and memory section of the ECU and allows the engine to actually run. As RAD4Runner says, the best way to trouble shoot is with a $15 multimeter and a schematic.

For another $15, you can subscribe to the official toyota tech website for two days and download all of the FSM sections and full-color wiring diagrams for your truck. Although the free online FSM sites have wiring info, they're all in B&W. The full-color ones are much easier to read and find through. Best $15 I ever spent.
The website is here. www.techinfo.toyota.com

redneck17 07-08-2015 07:38 AM

Thanks for the website, I will surely download the info.

redneck17 07-09-2015 08:10 PM

We think we got the problem narrowed down to the MAF sensor. Going to order one tommorrow.

redneck17 07-17-2015 06:42 PM

The Maf sensor was not the problem so back to the drawing board

redneck17 07-17-2015 07:44 PM

trying to open the tech.info.toyota.com and it won't open any suggestions