Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

94 Pickup 22RE. Trying to find a horn.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 Pickup 22RE. Trying to find a horn.

My horn went out, and I have inspection coming up next month. I tried a universal horn, which didnt have the same connectors...tried to wire it up to see if it would work, no luck there. I cant find any horns for sale with the same single spade connector. What are you guys doing when you need an oem replacement horn? I am not good with any type of electrical work....i just do oil changes and basic maintenance .

One other little electrical thing is my passenger tail/brake light. brake light works when running lights are off, but when the running lights are on, my passenger brake light doesnt work. Changed the bulb, and cleaned the contacts...no luck.

Any recommendations? Thanks(I searched for a while, and didnt see what I was looking for)
Old 05-22-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
Got a multi-meter? I use a $7 one from harbor Freight in my truck. Once you have a multi-meter, we'll talk.

Originally Posted by 13dhex
...What are you guys doing when you need an oem replacement horn?
Toyota pats deal. Or pick a part.

I am not good with any type of electrical work....
Sorry... IF you could not find exact replacement from pick apart or store, this sounds like a job for someone else.
HOWEVER, you can get started at getting better electrically by getting a multi-meter.[/SPOILER]

...brake light works when running lights are off, but when the running lights are on, my passenger brake light doesnt work...
MOST LIKELY the ground connection on the problem brake light housing is broken. You need to do a better job inspecting, testing, fixing.

Explained:
When running alights are off, brake light gets ground through the filament of the passenger side running light, through the filamentS of the other running lights, to ground at runnings lights with good connection to ground. When running lights are on, the filament of passenger side gets lifted to 12V and does not allow above to happen.

Last edited by RAD4Runner; 05-22-2017 at 02:47 PM.