Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

93 Toyota pickup - lost all lights???

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 Toyota pickup - lost all lights???

To start off I lost blinkers all together. I did have emergency flashers but no other blinkers working. Still had head and tail lights, brake lights. So I was thinking combo switch went bad sense check fuse and ground and found them all to be ok. So was set to order the combo switch.

Then on my way home last night I lost all lights. Head and tail lights, brake lights, still no blinkers and dash lights. I mean nothing worked. Emergency flashers did so I limbed home.

Any ideas or help on what could have first caused no blinkers (don't know if combo switch all together went out or even if controls everything listed that not working)??? It would make sense except for the brakes lights not working? Any help would be great!
Old 10-23-2016, 11:04 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Someone steal all the bulbs ?? That seems to happen quite a lot this time of year

Just what caused the loss of the lights

Turned the switch nothing happens

Hit a bump things got dark

Maybe time to trouble shoot with your meter

Then maybe just replace the truck
Old 10-23-2016, 11:43 AM

I was driving along then turned steering wheel into Burger King and everything quiet working. I wish I had a better idea Of what causes it. Is there a main fuses that would control all of this things? The brakes lights, head and tail lights along with dash lights stop working all at once.

The switch combo maybe the cause of the blinkers not working as I traced it back to under the dash then nothing through the wiring harness. Both problems maybe different. Cant get get another truck got to much blood , sweet and tears in this. Lol that truck use to be white. Has 40000 org. Miles on it.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:59 AM

I was driving along then turned steering wheel into Burger King and everything quiet working. I wish I had a better idea Of what causes it. Is there a main fuses that would control all of this things? The brakes lights, head and tail lights along with dash lights stop working all at once.

The switch combo maybe the cause of the blinkers not working as I traced it back to under the dash then nothing through the wiring harness. Both problems maybe different. Cant get get another truck got to much blood , sweet and tears in this. Lol that truck use to be white. Has 40000 org. Miles on it.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:32 AM

Red face

Now if you had said I have 250,000 miles I might think the Combination switch is wore enough to be a issue.

At40,000 not so likely

Since it was pretty much all the lights and you checked all the fuses with a Meter .

My Big Feet kick the fuse box once in a while knocking the fuses loose . That was an Adventure figuring that out

All these light tie into one ground if it came loose got wet and corroded that might be your issue

The Ground is on the left Doorpost behind the plastic trim

This is one of those things work one circuit at a time
Old 10-24-2016, 06:35 PM

Update: I found out why all the lights went out. Loose wires got wrapped around sterling shaft so when I turned I pulling those wires out. So fixed all that have all lights back now but still don't have a blinkers.

Emergency blinkers yes but not regular blinkers. I found combo switch at u pull it for cheap. Replaced and still nothing. I am lost as to where to go from here. Have ground, no fusses blowed! Is there any other relay or anything that could be causeing the blinkers only not to work? Again any help would be great!
Old 10-24-2016, 11:53 PM

Red face

If you had loose wires coming out of the switch . if it was below the the plug maybe the wires got broken.