Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

93 4x4 pickup 22re Blown head gasket??

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
93 4x4 pickup 22re Blown head gasket??

93 4x4 pickup 22RE 185k miles

My chain broke about 10 years ago (at 135k) and I replaced the head gasket with stock Toyota, got the head checked/milled, new chain, new metal guides from DOA Racing...the whole 9 yards.

Today I noticed leaking coolant from where the head meets up right next to the thermostat. It is a part of the engine that seems to jut out but it does look like a blown head gasket. Any last hopes that it isn't? I am sure there are lots of resources on this site for the proper procedure to replace the head gasket but what are the best parts I can get for this job? Should I look at a complete rebuild if it has never had one?

Thanks,
JARED
Old 12-22-2016, 05:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So I took a closer look at where this is leaking and it may not be a blown headgasket after all. It looks like there is some pipe (heater pipe) connected to the block and that is where it is leaking. Looking around on this site, I found a few other people who had the same issue and apparently there is an O-ring that corrodes over time. I am going to order the part tomorrow and hopefully that is all it is. I will post an update as progress is made.

JARED