YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   5 speed with 22re Sudden Pop Now wobbles (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/5-speed-22re-sudden-pop-now-wobbles-305649/)

tham1992 09-12-2018 10:25 AM

5 speed with 22re Sudden Pop Now wobbles

Couple days ago going down the road went through a construction zone came out of it going up hill in 4th gear running about 45 all of a sudden a pop and truck started to wobble real good got to top of the hill pulled over looked under truck seen nothing broke got in tried again done great very little wobble in steering wheel til I hit another hill in 4th gear shook horrible working 7 days a week only vehicle any help is greatly appreciated and all tie rod ends were replaced in April along with idler arm and steering stabilizer

millball 09-12-2018 11:18 AM

Nothing in your 'description' of your issue is any help to someone at a distance who might want to help you.

Crawl under there and shake, pull, and pry on every steering component in every possible direction.

Maybe you can find a loose or worn component. Jack the front end up and look for play in the wheels/ball joints, ect.

tham1992 09-12-2018 11:39 AM

Very little play in ball joints after checking everything on the front end no play in wheels tie rods or anything haven't checked to see if possibly in rear wheels yet

wyoming9 09-12-2018 12:32 PM

Auto or Manual ??

If Manual are you lugging the engine ??

Does it Pop every time it shakes

tham1992 09-12-2018 01:06 PM

It is a 5 speed with 22re and no I t doesnt pop everytime it shakes and the only time it really shakes is when pulling a hill or load

old87yota 09-12-2018 01:22 PM

Have you looked at the driveshaft "U"-joints?

Does the shake feel like it is more in the steering or does the whole truck shake?

Shakes like these tend to be caused by rotating parts and not necessarily steering parts.

:safari:

tham1992 09-12-2018 01:32 PM

Just drove truck again to see more bout what it's doing seems like the steering wheel is go most of the shake not the whole truck

jakey poo 09-12-2018 02:31 PM

How violent of a shake are we talking? If its just felt in the steering wheel you may have thrown a wheel weight.

dropzone 09-12-2018 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by tham1992 (Post 52407898)
It is a 5 speed with 22re and no I t doesnt pop everytime it shakes and the only time it really shakes is when pulling a hill or load

add that info to your signature along with your year of truck so people's crystal balls work better
and please make your thread titles more relavent to your issue is the future, per the rules this thread could have been delated with out notice because there are 5000000000 threads that say please help
i fixed your thread title

is it a 4wheel drive?
check motor mounts? Tires in good shape? throw a wheel weight? check trans/TC mount?
you may not feel play in your wheel bearings but you are gonna need to check them,
TRE good?

tham1992 09-12-2018 03:57 PM

TRE's are good tires have over half tread just had them rotated and balanced haven't had the time yet to take down and check bearings will check motor mounts and transmission tomorrow

snippits 09-12-2018 05:13 PM

Bad wheel, bad tire, or missing weight/out of balance.

My 92 2wd manual would vibrate around 57 to 59 pulling hill, or even on flat when I had the foot on the gas. It was more noticeable on hill. Had the drive shaft balanced with new u-joints. That made it a good bit better, but still had a very slight vibration. Had all the tires balanced again, and they were good. Put the front tires on the back, and all vibrations completely disappeared.

Anyway. pretty sure the drive shaft balance plus new u-joints fixed the main vibration problem. The shaft balance was only $55.