86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3rd gen pickup suspension rebuild. 2" lift with ride quality priority

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd gen pickup suspension rebuild. 2" lift with ride quality priority

I'm putting a new motor in a 95 pickup that i bought on craigslist. I live in Washington but unfortunately the neglectful owner before me lives in BC where they salt the roads. There is a lot of rust on the whole bottom of the truck and the suspension is no exception. Not to mention as i've torn into the 3.0 and seen just how little care it has gotten (siezed due to lack of oil changes, water pump leaking worse than i've ever seen, crazy carbon deposits in the intake...) i'm sure things wouldn't be looking great if it weren't for the rust anyway. bottom line is, I am planning on replacing the suspension in front and back as well as probably all standard front end parts, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. I figured while I'm doing it i might as well lift a little bit but I dont want to go more than 2" from stock height. I plan on using the rig as a road trip vehicle that I can sleep in back of that will feel good on the highway and then be able to take me around logging roads in variable conditions when the highway ends. I am planning on getting my shocks and leaf springs from OME as I've heard great things about their ride quality. The only torsion bars that I've seen sold by them for the pickup say they are intended for stock height, I would like to hear some experiences people have had with tightening stock sized torsion bars to a 2 inch lift and what it does for longevity and ride quality. I also am interested in maybe purchasing some thicker bars that are meant to ride higher than stock. I am not my any means set on an OME set up but so far they seem like the best option so far. Thanks guys!
Old 10-07-2017, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ask around on Toyotaholics (outlaws) on facebook for lots of quick good answer's and most of us live near you.