How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
    Print Wikipost

2nd gen 4runners lift guide

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 08:36 AM
    Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
    Might also try http://www.summitracing.com/ They ship over seas and you can look up the p/w shock you want and see what shipping will run on their web page.
    Old 05-01-2011, 06:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
    Either way. If you dont find them from a place that dosent ship, just let me know. We can get you taken care of.

Good luck.
    Old 05-03-2011, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
    Well here's my rig with LC coils and 35" Pro comps

Old 05-06-2011, 09:18 AM

want to know exactly the part number for the OME LC coils

hey i am from Panama and iam kinda new on the site ... have read almost the whole tread
    want to know exactly the part number for the OME LC coils that can be used on the 2nd generation 4runner i want to get a bit more clearence because i had to move the v angles for it not to rub ...i currently have ironman tbars cranked a bit will get bj spacers also have irnman shocks and coils ...its a 1.5 lift i will like to know if there is a big diference on how will it look with LC coils...thanks
    i tried posting pics of my rig but apparently the min size acepted is 48 kb
    Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 AM

greenhouse507- try using a hosting site such as facebook to upload your pics from. Load them there and then copy the url and paste it here. The picture will then show up, without trying to load pictures from this site.
    Old 05-06-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by 85toyman
    greenhouse507- try using a hosting site such as facebook to upload your pics from. Load them there and then copy the url and paste it here. The picture will then show up, without trying to load pictures from this site.
    i just tried to upload by facebook and it said it was an invalid adress...
    Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
    Best thing to do is get PhotoBucket account.
    Old 05-06-2011, 12:30 PM

Yeah my bad, I ment photobucket
    Old 05-06-2011, 12:45 PM

question on cruiser coils

i am watching the LC coils at trdparts4u.com and i was wondering which coils i should choose i see the OME2860 springs give the cruiser 2" and the OME2862 give the cruiser .75" which one should i buy ?
    Old 05-09-2011, 10:35 PM

if your running cranked t bars and plan on running bj spacers, I would just run stock LC springs. I hear even with BJ spacers and cranked t bars it still isn't quite level, and the stock LC coils rides so smooth for me
    Old 05-10-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by 9164RUNNER
    if your running cranked t bars and plan on running bj spacers, I would just run stock LC springs. I hear even with BJ spacers and cranked t bars it still isn't quite level, and the stock LC coils rides so smooth for me
    hey bro i have a question are you currently running LC coils ?
    oh and can someone look at the pics on my profile and tell me if stock LC coils will lift my car more than my current 1.5 ironman suspension?

Last edited by greenhouse507; 05-10-2011 at 10:23 AM.
    Old 05-16-2011, 07:06 PM

i have bj spacers and new rear coils from toytec. if i can every figure out how to post pics then i will post pics of my truck.
    Old 05-17-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by greenhouse507
    hey bro i have a question are you currently running LC coils ?
    oh and can someone look at the pics on my profile and tell me if stock LC coils will lift my car more than my current 1.5 ironman suspension?
    Nice looking ride man!!!

Probably not too much here is mine with LC Coils and "no" bj spacers, I'm running 33's. I have them just not enough time to get them in.

Name:  DSCF1091.jpg
Views: 1732
Size:  205.0 KB
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lumpy
    Nice looking ride man!!!

Probably not too much here is mine with LC Coils and "no" bj spacers, I'm running 33's. I have them just not enough time to get them in.

Thanks bro... i like how ur car is starting to look too!
    Two more questions are those stock lc coils? because i want to get a set of LC coils i saw on trdparts4u.com that gives the LC .7" of lift ...and my second question is what year LC coils are u using?
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 AM

Thanks...the old girl has been through some hell along the way.

Yes, I have stock rear 80 series coils on the back.
    As for the year not real sure all I know is that they are from and 80 series 90-97 I believe.
    Old 05-22-2011, 04:45 PM

91 4runner project in need of suggestions for a lift setup

Whats up yota feens i just got this 4runner. Figuring out what 2-3'' lift kit i should throw on my 4runner. Im planning on running some 18inch rims with tires,i need some suggestions on what size tires would do well with a 2-3'' lift set-up. Any suggestions on what i should do to this thing i would appreciate it.Thanks

Last edited by 91,4Runna2.3Strong; 05-22-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    Old 05-22-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
    Originally Posted by 91,4Runna2.3Strong
    Whats up yota feens i just got this 4runner. Figuring out what 2-3'' lift kit i should throw on my 4runner. Im planning on running some 18inch rims with tires,i need some suggestions on what size tires would do well with a 2-3'' lift set-up. Any suggestions on what i should do to this thing i would appreciate it.Thanks
    Good luck with the 18's. Hope they never see a rock or curb.
    Old 06-08-2011, 02:40 PM

wow i am really confused now

Guys,
    Maybe you can help me, I have a 1995 Toyota 4Runner 4x4.
    I want to replace the suspension ,but i am not interested in making a rock crawler or a monster truck. I was considering a Old Man Emu suspension kit,but i don't know who is reputable and also what items i will be looking at to order.
    I am reading coil spring spacers,ball joint spacers,fj80 springs ,drop brackets ect.
    All i am looking to do is get rid of the sag and have a better ride, i don't care about the ride being a whisker on the stiff side.
    I had air bags in the current springs in the rear but a lady hit my passenger side rear rim and the impact popped that bag and well now i live with sag.

I like the look of the 80 landcruiser coils,but worry that i will have to buy extensions for brakes,,will the drive shaft have to be replaced?Will i have to have custom torsion bars made?what will i need for this?
    I like the Old Man Emu kit bit i haven't a clue who is a reputable dealer/seller. I also don't know if i could install it.
    so what i am asking is that my first choice would be the landcruiser coil lift,my next would be Old Man Emu kit.
    Old 06-08-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by dsellers
    rough country 5'' suspension lift with 32'' falken wild peaks

Originally Posted by Lumpy
    I used the rear LC coils...This is how she sat on 35's with LC coils and "no" ball joint spacers. I still have to install them.

These two look the most correct
    Old 06-08-2011, 07:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
    Originally Posted by lonewolve
    Guys,
    Maybe you can help me, I have a 1995 Toyota 4Runner 4x4.
    I want to replace the suspension ,but i am not interested in making a rock crawler or a monster truck. I was considering a Old Man Emu suspension kit,but i don't know who is reputable and also what items i will be looking at to order.
    I am reading coil spring spacers,ball joint spacers,fj80 springs ,drop brackets ect.
    All i am looking to do is get rid of the sag and have a better ride, i don't care about the ride being a whisker on the stiff side.
    I had air bags in the current springs in the rear but a lady hit my passenger side rear rim and the impact popped that bag and well now i live with sag.

I like the look of the 80 landcruiser coils,but worry that i will have to buy extensions for brakes,,will the drive shaft have to be replaced?Will i have to have custom torsion bars made?what will i need for this?
    I like the Old Man Emu kit bit i haven't a clue who is a reputable dealer/seller. I also don't know if i could install it.
    so what i am asking is that my first choice would be the landcruiser coil lift,my next would be Old Man Emu kit.
    I bought my old man emu lift from TRDparts4u.com I wouldn't recommend the coil spacers with the fj80 coils, it will make your rear way higher than the front. I have OME 901 coils in the back with 1.5" bj spacers up front and that makes it ride pretty level. Going any higher in the front will cause you to run into issues with binding the front cv joints.

If you just do the coils in the back, you will not need to extend the brake lines unless you plan on disconnecting the rear sway bar for more articulation, but since you say you aren't building a crawler, leave the sway bar connected. Look at my signature for list of parts for roughly 2" lift. (I haven't updated picture from stock yet)

This is pretty much the tried and true streetable lift with front IFS.

Quick Reply: 2nd gen 4runners lift guide