Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

1994 22re 4cyl No Fire!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 22re 4cyl No Fire!?

I am trying to fix my dads truck he was on his was home from camp and hit the bumps on side of interstate and it died and never crankrd back up. We replaced cap and rotor, plugs, wires. Checked to see the rotor turn and its on correct time tht i know of, it has plenty fuel, just turns over. There is power from the igniter wire to cap when he turns it over i put a test light on it and it lights up, could the coil and igniter be bad? Is it possible it jumped timing? But if it jumped timing it would still get fire. We have NO fire, any help would be awesome!! Or parts even... Thanks!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:37 PM

is the rotor turning?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lizardcrunch
is the rotor turning?
Yes, but slowly, its not spinning super fast, but its turbin
Old 07-19-2011, 02:26 PM

Any suggestions? Should i try the coil/igniter?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:04 PM

Does anyone Post on here or does everyone just read look st pictures!???!!??? This is pathetic!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:05 PM

Try unplugging and swapping relays and tap around on the relays. Also check grounds. No sure but the jar had to have something to do with it. Good luck running in circles

Any thing else dead? Cluster, Lights etc.

Last edited by WHAHAHAJR; 07-20-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 PM

Yes im sure its the igniter. Had the same problem on my 82. just fixed it monday. Good luck
Old 07-20-2011, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Padoofreak89
Does anyone Post on here or does everyone just read look st pictures!???!!??? This is pathetic!
it is not our job to reply to you. People have lives... And other stuff to do. They respond as a favor to you. Don't act like a punk... I am on here all day long and this is the first time I saw yer post. Woulda tried helping... But I would rather be pathetic..

Last edited by 4x4climber; 07-20-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:22 AM

Thanks!

So u have a life and other stuff to do but yet u were on here all day!? Ok good be pathetic and keep ur unuseful info to urself thanks imbacile.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by WHAHAHAJR
Try unplugging and swapping relays and tap around on the relays. Also check grounds. No sure but the jar had to have something to do with it. Good luck running in circles

Any thing else dead? Cluster, Lights etc.
Nope everything cheks out good evrything works as it should just no spark..
Old 07-21-2011, 06:06 AM

Its kinda funny you ask.. But, yes I do have a life. I work on high performance cars and fabricate for a living. I am on this forum ALL day because I have a "smartphone" It tells me when people respond to threads I respond in. And it tells me when new topics pop up. Because my phone keeps it open. Yet, like I said sometimes it will slip thru... And ya need to be patient, rather then insulting. I do this so I can help people with serious problems asap... And also for the cool pictures... Are you saying your are not this capable or didn't know that was possible? Guess I am not the pathetic imbecile... spelled it correctly for ya....

I do it so I can help people. I told ya to stop acting like a punk. I have your answers in my head. But rather then ya saying... "I get it, i will try to be patient, or I shouldnt have posted the last 3 posts... and act like a punk. You decide to hop back on and start name calling. You sound very mature...

I am glad you were not able to figure out how someone could be on a forum all day and have a life... Smart cookie you are. I was actually expecting to get on her this morning when your respnse popped up on my fone... But to my dissapointment... You continue to not know when to keep yer mouth shut.

Ask questions here. Let people help you (not demand and whine until someone responds). Then maybe even thank them for helping. Cuz that is all any of us care about.. Besides another yota guy being on the road. You dont need to come on here and turn your emotions and frustrations from your truck not running and direct it toward people on here.

You know what, I have been on many forums helping people for many years. I cannot stand people that act like you are. Usually it is some punk teenager with no respect that seems to act like I am your server at Denny's and my brain should be put on a platter to pick apart.Some forums I have been a moderator. On all these forums there was a little tip in the rules to not insult members or the forum for not helping you immediately or for any reason. No name calling and talking crap. STOP. PERIOD. LOSE THE ATTITUDE.

So, I will put it simple and clear. Get on the forum. Ask a question. Wait for replies. Don't insult people on here.

You have now called the forum and everyone on it Pathetic. You called me an imbacile for what?And you can't even spell it right.. Did it make you feel better? Someone that could help you decided to read your ignorant posts and tell ya not to make them. If ya hadn't made them... I'm pretty sure your truck would be running now. Try to learn from this time... I mean learn patience... It is a great thing to have. Especially when your asking for help. People dont like to help out a punk... Reasoning why i told ya to knock it off.

It defeats the purpose of asking for help when you insult the forum you joined 7 posts ago... err a couple days ago.

I was just trying to kinda hint to you to lose the attitude. But seems like you can't. Figured I would wake up and steer ya in the right direction.. But you seem to like digging yer own grave.

I wasnt trying to be the dick. I just wanted you to shut the yap and understand where WE are all coming from. We ALL know where you are coming from being frustrated with a broken truck. I dont like helping punks and am pretty sure nobody else does. Lose the attitude and all the double triple posting... Maybe some more people will want to help if ya just sit around and wait for them. Patience young grasshopper.

Oh yeah, and don't call people names if ya don't even know how to spell it out...

Last edited by 4x4climber; 07-21-2011 at 06:09 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:32 AM

Good for your fone, i have an iphone4 as well. It was just sad that there are so many on this forum and i joined it bc i figured it would help me, an there are 128 people veiwing this section and not one response, pretty sad. But yet 43 veiws on the topic but no one could answer, that was my point! Im not a teenager, i race cars and build and race high performance 4 wheelers, in fact my machine is well over $30k. And it is THE only one of its kind on planet Earth. Joining with 35+ yr veteren Ron Hamp in the 4 stroke industry creating this monster of a machine. And the custom fabrication on chassis and parts. Im not an idiot.

If someone has the time to view the thread and read it should have the time to put in their 2 cents. Just saying.

Thanks for everyones help that did give me answers! Applause for being good members of the forum.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Sometimes post slip through the cracks. Especially when several new ones get posted. I just found this one today and other then a ground wire or something I dont have any useful information. I cant see it slipping timing. Have seen wire from cap to coil bad. That would give a no fire.

I have a spare igniter I use to check for a bad igniter and just never had to go run test on the igniter. It elminates the igniter real quick for me. One day I need to get out and just run the test so I cant help there either.

Is there some other symptoms that you could give?

There are several people on here like 4x4climber that are more then willing to help, and have a wealth of knowledge. I am guessing that 90% of us one here are shade tree mechanics or weekend wrenchers. Your post does come across the wrong way, and they wont respond.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 AM

Do you have a multimeter? If you have not read thru this part of your FSM several times... you should. It will help you solve your own problems... If you don't find the problem... Get back on here and let us know all of your results at least. And we will let you know what is wrong. Rather then walk you thru it... You can learn you thru it. Its always better to figure it out yourself anyways..

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/1993/ignition/4onvehicl.pdf

Thought I should at least help a little since I took up so much space in this thread... Might as well be something useful.
If none of this helps find whats broke.. let me know.

Last edited by 4x4climber; 07-21-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:28 AM

I understand, just got under my skin, but no not that i know of, all thr grounds are good, new wires from igniter to distributer and cap etc. I orderd another coil/igniter. If thats not it i will just bring it in to a diagnosis shop and get right down to it.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:32 AM

Thanks climber ill try it when i get off work.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I was looking in my Haynes and Igniter is a possibility. Electrical is one of my weaker areas.

I havent bought an igniter. Understand its not cheap. How did the igniter test come out? If you have to buy one, I would check ebay or Craigslist.

I have never seen an igniter go bad. Not saying it isnt, but they seem really solid for what I have dealt with. Seems like you got a tough problem. I really dont know where to go from there.

I have a build page and always following other builds so I can usually go straight to those people I have gotten to know when I have a problem.

We all get frustrated when a ride is down. But what 4x4climber is offering is a great way to learn on these and believe it or not when you eventually get it fixed, it will feel like an accomplishment and sense of satisfaction.

Let us know what you find out to get it fixed.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:03 AM

Yea i bought one off ebay for relatively cheap so if it isnt it i can always sell it, but i will definitely do the test and see whats up with it, i am also performing major body work as well, core support inner fender, fender, hood, bumper, grille etc, so i got my hands full
Old 07-21-2011, 08:13 AM

You ordered new parts already? The tests oughta tell ya what's wrong. Hopefully the new parts fix it. I am just not the throw parts at it type. Diagnosing will save a bunch o money and it's super easy on these trucks. Hope your replacing the right parts, most likely you are... Let us know how it goes. At least it was a used part... So you can't really lose money if ya gotta resell it.

Last edited by 4x4climber; 07-21-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:21 AM

Yeaa because if it is it ill have the part, if not then ill just resell it.

Quick Reply: 1994 22re 4cyl No Fire!?