Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

1990 Toyota 4WD Pickup With Blown Head Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 12:13 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

In all seriousness I would rather live under a bridge in a nice box then like that and might be soon

Glad you were able to sell your truck fast

It must have been rough having it since it was new.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wyoming9
In all seriousness I would rather live under a bridge in a nice box then like that and might be soon

Glad you were able to sell your truck fast

It must have been rough having it since it was new.

We can do what we want with the interior of our homes, but we can’t leave disassembled vehicles outside that will prevent the fire department from fighting fires. This is actually a requirement of the county fire department.

BTW, I have been rebuilding the interior of our home the last few years due to water and termite damage. Our HOA has no problem with me doing this type of work.

Old 04-03-2016, 02:25 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

Out of sight out of mind
Old 04-04-2016, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to hear Fire4Effect. For some reason older 4runners & pickups have been very popular other the past couple years and sell like hot cakes. I hope your health improves as well and let us know if we can help with any questions in the future.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:57 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Fire4Effect
...but we can’t leave disassembled vehicles outside that will prevent the fire department from fighting fires. This is actually a requirement of the county fire department.
You just made that up. How do I know? Besides that's the most ridiculous bunch of nonsense I've heard it quite a while. And I'm not stupid enough to believe it.

1. That's why you can't park in front of fire hydrants. Anywhere, ever.

2. That wouldn't prevent the fire department from fighting a fire. They're quite capable and well trained enough to work around your vehicle. They do it all the time.

3. That would mean you can't park on the street in that county anywhere, ever, period. Because fires don't start on schedules. So your assembled/running vehicle would be the same as a disassembled/not running vehicle. The difference being you being there to move it for the fire truck or not. Not home? Can't find the keys in time? OH MY GOD THE ENTIRE WORLD'S GONNA GO UP IN FLAMES!!!

For real? Come on now...that's bologna. The real reason, if there is one, is because someone considers it an "eyesore". I've dealt with their kind before. And it's probably not even as bad as you make it out to be. You simply explain to them that you can't afford to have someone else fix it. But you're going to fix it yourself and it will take x amount of time to do so. And promise that if it isn't done by then, they're free to call a tow truck and have it hauled off themselves. You'd be surprised how reasonable people can be sometimes. Nobody wants to foot a tow bill they don't have to.