Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

190 hp 3.0 V-6 from CHS Machine 210 Torq

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for the advice and i will probably get ahold of you to ask a few questions in the future. stay tuned for that.

phil
Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like the 3.slow is no more.......... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ideas ideas
Old 01-20-2012, 03:44 AM

Hi I was reading your thread and was wondering about a update on the motor. Is it still going strong. What did you reuse off the old 3.0 what did you get new. Reuse injectors and fuel rail or what. I'm thinking of doing the swap myself

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt draining my battery.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:45 AM

very interesting thread. Thanks for all of the details. Certainly an interesting alternative to the different swaps
Old 01-20-2012, 07:16 AM

3.Go!

Yes the 3.Go motor is still running strong. The rig is a lot of fun with the extra ponies. A neighbour down the road with a 3.slow tries to keep up with me on the country road into town but does not have it. He’s scratching his head… the other day I was following him and he was so busy watching me in his rear-view mirror he almost slammed into a school bus in front of him. He still has not figured it out.
I recommend you change out all the hoses, rad water pump and injectors if they are weak. I used the original fuel rail and some have suggested I should have installed a header cross over pipe but that is up to you. I did the down pipe and a new cat. Strong recommendation with the Oregon shop but make sure you have both blocks to swap out all the water plugs and studs. I made the mistake of taking my block in and had to return twice get stuff off of it. I split the engine and trany and while those bell housing bolts are tight it save talking out the front end steering parts.
I had trouble getting performance at the stock timing mark and so just power timed it. I drift it and my twelve year old gets upset It’s hot. Good luck.

Last edited by Wildblue; 01-20-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:57 PM

So I would be fine with some stock but new injectors and where would I be able to find the hoses so its not a clusterpuck. New cat? Also just seafoamed the slow and not sure I can tell a different but it may idle a lil lower
Old 01-23-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
witch-hunter.com does fuel injectors. cleaning and recalibrating and they give you the before and after results in a printout.

use the search function here to catch up on witch hunter stuff.

Last edited by phildelfino; 01-23-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:42 PM

Ok thanks. This is something I plan to start in March. Also I have a 6inch procomp lift running 33s. I can clear 35s. If I wish but it I add a 2inch body lift can I clear 38s
Old 01-24-2012, 06:38 AM

13k on CHS swap

Originally Posted by Wildblue
Yes the 3.Go motor is still running strong. The rig is a lot of fun with the extra ponies. A neighbour down the road with a 3.slow tries to keep up with me on the country road into town but does not have it. He’s scratching his head… the other day I was following him and he was so busy watching me in his rear-view mirror he almost slammed into a school bus in front of him. He still has not figured it out.
I recommend you change out all the hoses, rad water pump and injectors if they are weak. I used the original fuel rail and some have suggested I should have installed a header cross over pipe but that is up to you. I did the down pipe and a new cat. Strong recommendation with the Oregon shop but make sure you have both blocks to swap out all the water plugs and studs. I made the mistake of taking my block in and had to return twice get stuff off of it. I split the engine and trany and while those bell housing bolts are tight it save talking out the front end steering parts.
I had trouble getting performance at the stock timing mark and so just power timed it. I drift it and my twelve year old gets upset It’s hot. Good luck.
I did this CHS swap about 2 years ago myself. I put headers on it (forked out the money for the LCE headers) because I was trying to avoid another head gasket issue. Right now I have a "custom" built Jaguar exhaust (not as cool as it sounds. Half of the old yota exhaust coupled with half an 86 jag exhaust - muffler included) without a cat and it sounds pretty good, but I'm still not getting all my ponies .

Has anyone ever had problems with their air valve (reed valve?). That black rectangle box on the rear passenger side corner of the engine (right under the rear corner of the intake plenum). I'm hearing a lot of air flow (not the good kind) which I can adjust by the 'idle' screw on the throttle body. If I adjust it down to where I can't hear all that air, the thing doesn't idle right (around 250 rpm!). I read a troubleshooting tree somewhere and it said that with the engine warmed up, you should be able to close this 'idle' screw completely and the idle shouldn't change if the air valve is working properly. To me it sounds like it's bad. Any thoughts??
Old 02-20-2012, 08:41 PM

Received 101 Likes on 53 Posts
Any updates on this?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:09 PM

Is CHS shop the same shop as raptor engines? Both are out of oregon any one know
Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildblue
Hey wild blue how's the motor holding up ?? I'm gonna order this motor today !!!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by clok
Hey wild blue how's the motor holding up ?? I'm gonna order this motor today !!!
Clok - did you order one? I've been thinking about it for a while now...
Old 09-23-2013, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mtnmann
Clok - did you order one? I've been thinking about it for a while now...
Yeah I ordered it last Tuesday should arrive at my mechanics shop by this Friday at the latest , I payed an extra 200 to have the heads ported as well , I'll update you once its all in .
Old 09-23-2013, 07:31 PM

Any chance of getting a driving video?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by adamthedroog
Any chance of getting a driving video?
Never and don't know how to post a video on here , but I will if I can do it with my iPhone? I will post some pictures.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:29 PM

Can someone clear this up, I found 4 engine companies in oregon, CHS, raptorengines, portland engine builders, and oregon engine rebuilders. Isnt CHS and Raptor the same company? Also which is a good one to stay away from? Looking at Raptors 135HP 22re, better value and price than 22reperformance stage2 or 3
Old 09-29-2013, 09:47 AM

Great thread this is. I am considering going this route now.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:38 PM

well my 190 hp 3vze from raptor motors is in !!
it comes with oversize valves , bigger cams,and i got the heads ported for an extra 200 dollars, plus had the intake manifold and plenum ported by lc engineering , and a ported throttle body by doa race engines, doug thorley headers, new injectors,new egr system,all new belts,hoses,vacuum hose's,fuel regulator, dash pod,fuel pulsation damper,8.5 sparkplug wires, iriduim denso plugs, cap ,rotor, timing belt ,belt idlers, waterpump,flywheel,lc engineering pro clutch kit and she sounds GOOD !!!!, my mechanic told me not to take it over 3k rpms for the first 500 miles so cant really get on it yet , but it feels a hell of lot more responsive even under 3k rpm, i plan on playing with the timing and doing the 3inch intake tube and also thinking about the 7mge wafm swap but would like to wait till i brake her in probably at 1000k miles, cant wait
Old 10-22-2013, 07:44 PM

just tried to upload photos but it keeps saying photo upload failed i have uploaded pictures before dont know why it keeps failing??

Quick Reply: 190 hp 3.0 V-6 from CHS Machine 210 Torq