YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Pre 84 Trucks (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f114/)
-   -   body lift for my 1980 2wd toyota? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f114/body-lift-my-1980-2wd-toyota-197096/)

MuddfreaksOffroad 11-19-2009 10:18 AM

body lift for my 1980 2wd toyota?

I know it sounds dumb but i dont have a 4x4 just yet n i want my lil toyota to be more aggressive, i just bought a 3in body lift for my toyota and putting it on prob today, but i need 15in wheels to purchase any mud tire and i cant seem to find a set of 15in wheels that are 5 lug, any ideas? i wanna get a set of maxxis bighorns 28x9.5 or 10 if i can fit them. thank you!

Built2Grind 11-19-2009 10:53 AM

i think you can use old jeep steel wheels. it should be the same lug pattern, and with 3 inches of body lift you should be able to fit 30" tires without any problems. where did you get the body lift?

MuddfreaksOffroad 11-19-2009 11:04 AM

i got it from a guy off craigslist just got lucky, um well if i can get jeep wheels is the lug diameter going to be a problem? meaning the distance from one lug across to the other lug(S) i mean my main thing is i just want it a lil more agressive, not just for looks cuz i do have fun in my truck i needed a lift to get the bigger tires and i got the lift now i just need wheels :( n then the tires which i can get down the road. thank you

Junkers88 11-19-2009 11:17 AM

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse...._Reference.cfm

Take a look at that. It'll let you know what lug pattern you need for your truck and you can cross that with some of the older Jeep and Ford lug patterns.

Oh and....
:pics:

Tofer 11-19-2009 11:20 AM

yes jeep wheels work on 2wd toyota.. as do ford mustang rims. there is a build up on Pacific-crawlers of a 2wd pickup by a guy in canada... http://www.pacific-crawlers.com/showthread.php?t=852

MuddfreaksOffroad 11-19-2009 11:21 AM

ill look at it and what do you mean where are the pics?? lol im new i dont know how to add them on there but i have pics of my truck on my page

Junkers88 11-19-2009 11:24 AM

It's just something that gets said around here a lot.

I took a look at your page, nice looking rigs. I think you'll have a blast with your 2 wheel drive once you get some better tires on it and lift it a little.

TOYOTA 1 11-19-2009 11:26 AM

what part of oregon are you located in?

MuddfreaksOffroad 11-19-2009 11:32 AM

ya i seen that it looks badass lol but i dont wanna put that much money into it lol i plan on build up a 4x4 thats where my money will go lol. i got the lift i need the wheels but i will try and look for some jeep rims and you mean jeep like what years / body syles??? i dont have much money now but its one of these slow build perfect for over the winter cuz i wont be mudding. lol but i want to put on a agressive tire, like bighorns or maybe swampers if i can get them that small ( thinkin bout 30s ) cuz i was told i can fit 28s right now but i am unsure but anyways thanks the help i am also thinkin bout bobbing hte bed ALOT cuz its a long bed just let me know ok? thank you!!!

Tofer 11-19-2009 11:34 AM

yes swampers make a small tire. i will run 27x9.5 14 Super Swamper SSRs once the tires on my truck die. lol..

MuddfreaksOffroad 11-19-2009 11:35 AM

im in clackamas/portland area and yeah sorry im new .... lol and oh yeah i have lots of fun with it already, but i do need bigger/better tires. I really need/want mud tires thats my goal to get a nice set of aggressive mud tires lol n thats it i wont do anything else to it besides possilbly bob the bed n maybe a engine swap if i still have it not sure.

Tofer 11-19-2009 11:35 AM

get some sliders, and lock the rear. then take it to browns camp. lol

MuddfreaksOffroad 11-19-2009 11:39 AM

what do you mean once on your truck died? and hmmmm where would i get the swampers?? everone around here said no go on any tires of that size besides the maxxis tires which i could only go to 28 on my 14in rims they told me best thing to do is get 15s and then i could go to a bigger tire i dont wanna go too big, i dont wanna have to lift it rediculously just something with a lil more hight and alot more aggression lol MIND YOU i play hard in that truck im not light on it, i put it where im sure it should not go lol the truck is amazing tho, runs strong and i actually dont get stuckk that much ( cuz i dont drive it where i know i will get stuck ) but even then lol

MuddfreaksOffroad 11-19-2009 11:41 AM

sliders??? and yeah me and my buddies wanna go to browns ( we never been there ) um we go up to washougal n out of esticada. i mean my plan is to buy a 80-87 toyota 4x4 sometime this winter prob after xmas, so right now im doing what i can with my lil toyota. i love this truck to death ill take it up anywhere and ill push it as far as i can lol

Tofer 11-19-2009 11:43 AM

when the tires die... meaning when they are bald and need to be replaced.
i thinki was looking at 4wheelparts.com for the tires but should be able to get them at any discount tire.

AZkid 11-19-2009 11:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
LOWWWWW:Attachment 185250
TO:Attachment 185251

2 inch body lift and like 29.5's, had a slight rub in the back inner fender and full turn, slight tap of the hammer and it was fixed :D

MuddfreaksOffroad 11-19-2009 11:49 AM

ok what do you mean sliders? and i thought you meant your truck died lol yeah i have like all seasonal tires on the rear now and street tires in the front that are bout bald so its all perfect timing but ill call around see if i can get the tires ( they will fit on 14in rims??? ) cuz if i can save money and not have to buy 15s i wont haha.

and do i have to buy a different locker then ones that go in 4x4s? i mean i know 4x4s more hten i do 2wds lol my dad has a detroit locker in his 89 and i might get one someday for my lil toyota not sure lol

AZkid 11-19-2009 11:51 AM

too bad downeys gone, they made everything i ever wanted for my '81

MuddfreaksOffroad 11-19-2009 11:53 AM

dude that is awsome looking LOVE the wheels what kind are those?? funny thing is my truck was that color hahahaa i painted it black cuz i dont like that color but it looks good for your truck, i am putting on a 3in body lift so i should be fine and if i have to ill customize the rear fenders. i am really thinkin bout bobbing hte bed cuz yours looks like a short bed? mines i long bed and i hate it ... i dont haul anything so i dnot really need the long bed. lol i might even custom build one. lol

AZkid 11-19-2009 11:55 AM

i love the short bed, and i didnt do anything for the rear, just the slight rub in the front, i believe we cranked the torsion bars just 1 turn. and i got the wheels off craigslist for $40 from a jeep guy. and i had BFG all terrains,