YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Pre 84 Trucks (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f114/)
-   -   82 Dash? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f114/82-dash-155690/)

peckm888 09-29-2008 08:20 PM

82 Dash?

Does any one know were i can get a dashboard and back piece for an 81 toy pickup? mine is cracked and almost falling apart.

georgiayota 09-29-2008 08:26 PM

http://www.jcwhitney.com/COVERLAY-RE...3183_10101.jcw

nico 09-29-2008 08:29 PM

Just Dashes is the most promising place I've found. I haven't ordered mine yet, but soon.

threedguru 09-30-2008 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by nico (Post 50933972)
Just Dashes is the most promising place I've found. I haven't ordered mine yet, but soon.

Everyone says this place is nice, but I have yet to see a Toyota product on there. Am I blind?

83 09-30-2008 10:47 AM

I'm with you, no Toyota listed. The JCWhitney ones don't look anything like my dash either, but maybe they're just showing examples? And not the actual dash that would fit my truck? I'm lucky, I found a dash pad in perfect condition on craigslist for my truck.

slisdexia 09-30-2008 03:33 PM

I know there is a place out there that has 'em. Dash, carpet, and I think most everything else for older trucks like ours. I was gonna order a dash pad and vinyl carpet too, but I'm low on money right now. Let me try to find it, I'll post it when I do.

slisdexia 09-30-2008 03:40 PM

There's 1aauto.com. toyheadauto.com, partspros.com. Dunno about prices, just depends on your truck I guess. Good Luck!

slacker 09-30-2008 07:02 PM

just recover yours ...

remove it , re foam it .. and maybe use a vynel ..

I'm going to re do mine in a Tan leather .

kev 10-17-2008 03:30 PM

try EBAY. Kev

Flek23 10-22-2008 10:41 AM

Dash recover

I just ordered a new cover from QualityCarInterior.com I will post pics in the Photo Gallery when I install it and let you know what I think of it.

83 10-22-2008 12:40 PM

Wow, yeah, that's it. Not a bad price, either. That's good to know. I found one in perfect condition on craigslist, but it didn't have the side window defrost holes. I had to cut those out, and since it is 25 year old plastic, after installing it.....it's not exactly perfect anymore. Still in great shape, but it's good to know I could get a new one when I wanted to.

red1983 10-22-2008 03:19 PM

I like idea of the carpet kits they have (Quality Car Interior)

Sked 10-22-2008 03:48 PM

Has anybody ever recovered there dashpad before... slacker? I got a mint dashpad and dash from a parts truck but its brown, so i am wanting to cover it with black vinyl or leather. Im thinking its harder than lying down an adhensive and covering it....

slacker 10-22-2008 04:35 PM

I have not yet recovered mine .. as i'm still building the body .

sorry , I cant offer you any insite ., Although .. I have done these dash's before .. and it's relativly easly done .

best is to remove it completley .. and clean . depending on what product you are covering with . (i'm going to use leather , so I will remove original vynal ... but if your just covering with a "cloth" .. just clean real good ... spray on your glue .. and lay on the fabric .

I did a 75 Corolla , WAY back in the early /80's , complete interior .. it was my 2nd car .. I'll post some pics if you want . It was even running around Prince George still ... but it's a rust bucket now , and should be retired .

Al's Chop Shop 10-22-2008 07:30 PM

i just found one at the local yard. it was cracked a bit, but not too bad. beats no pad at all... the original was covered in mold!

it is tan, but i'm going to spray it black. i also picked up black door panels from an early 2wd. they aren't a perfect fit but they will work with some massaging.

Al

peckm888 10-25-2008 09:47 AM

I'm thinkin of putting a plastic cover. i found em for about $70 and i hear they are pretty tough. thanks for all the posts and ideas guys

Flek23 10-27-2008 02:16 PM

Just recieved my carpet

I got my carpet and mats from qualitycarinteriors.com today and put them in. They were actually sent from ACC but were cheaper through QCI's website. I haven't recieved my dash-cover yet but a word to the wise on the carpet - ASK FOR A SAMPLE - I'm okay with the custom color I got but it is nothing like the picture on the website when I ordered it. It's ALOT more orange than tan. No biggie for me but if you're looking for a specific color it might be a disappointment going from the web pics. I posted pics on the YT member gallery if ya want a peek. The fit was fantastic. It reqired trimming a bit and getting it in was somewhat of a PITA but the end result was outstanding. Now all I need is to get the seats and door panels done.

red1983 10-28-2008 07:39 AM

Just checked out those photos... looks really good- I have the tan interior too, what was that color's title?

Flek23 10-28-2008 02:30 PM

The orange interior

The color I orderd was called nutmeg. I debated over the saddle vs. nutmeg for a while but my impatience prevented me from ordering a sample first. Again the fit and finish was top notch but the color was unexpected. I'm having the seats redone with a rawhide leather though so I think it's going to work out just fine.

Flek23 10-30-2008 05:41 PM

New dash cover arrived today.

I want to start by saying that the dash cover I received from qualitycarinteriors.com certainly has a usable application. It was not however what I was particularly looking for. I had a picture in my mind of a "skin" like soft piece of relatively thick vinyl. This cover looks nice and the color match is excellent. But it is a hard piece of plastic and will not provide the fit I am looking for. Mind you that I am a ridiculous perfectionist. Some might go as far as to call it OCD. I think I am going to return the cover (if they will take it back) and have the cover done by the upholstery folks I've lined up for the seats. If you are not going all out show truck this would probably be a great cover just not for me. Again though the carpet fit was AWESOME!