Notices
Misc Stuff (Non Auto Related) Anything non vehicle related sell here, including mother in-laws

FS[PacSouthWest]: Got A Set Of 3VZE FlameThrower Injectors For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Got A Set Of 3VZE FlameThrower Injectors For Sale

New, they were installed, but my ECU just can't seem to adapt.
They're in perfect condition.

$100 OBO, plus actual shipping cost, depending on how fast you want them.
I can send them either UPS or USPS.

Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Last edited by big bear; 09-18-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:35 AM

Received 216 Likes on 158 Posts
Hey dude, having the same issue with mine don't mean to hijack here but what issues were you having?? I have an extremely rich condition going on and my ecu won't adjust either. Anyway.... Bump for ya
Old 09-18-2013, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Discombobulated
Hey dude, having the same issue with mine don't mean to hijack here but what issues were you having?? I have an extremely rich condition going on and my ecu won't adjust either. Anyway.... Bump for ya
Same problem I have, WAY too rich, damn computer just doesn't want to adjust to them.

Put my old Densos back in, runs great now.

Don't really want to buy a new computer just to run these injectors.

Looks like there's 2 sets for sale now,
Old 09-18-2013, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Discombobulated
Your in Denver, I live in Big Bear Lake Cali altitude 7000ft.

I wonder if high elevation has anything to do with it, just a thought of the top of my head.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 AM

Hmm, not sure if the altitude is the culprit here, but yes I will have mine up for sale here soon also sending my old ones out to get cleaned and flow tested but I'm wishing I would have just left it alone now. Checked on some new injectors they are running 140 a piece.. Ouch...

Last edited by Discombobulated; 09-18-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:59 AM

Maybe your altitude theory has something to do with it - I live in West TN and they are working great for me. Betting there is something in the ECU that has a hard time adjusting to the Flamethrower injectors above a certain altitude.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll state the obvious... there's less o2 at higher altitude. We re-jet our bikes when we go to Colorado. Leaner jet, otherwise you get lots of backfiring and bogging and running rich. Perhaps the old school OBDI system just can't account for it.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:36 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by big bear
Don't really want to buy a new computer just to run these injectors.
Probably wouldn't need to do that. I'd try adjusting the AFM first. Leaning it out that way works very well. Just tighten the spring so the ECU thinks it's getting less air, then it will add less fuel. Lots of available adjustability there. It's when you try doing the opposite, loosening the spring to richen the mixture, where you can run into problems. Too loose and the vane won't want to close all the way.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 AM

^ Try this and let us know. It's certainly easier to do that than remove the injectors on the 3vze.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:59 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Between the VAFM, the ECM and the 02 sensor, there shouldn't be a rich condition if using the correct parts. I take mine up to 10,000 feet all summer and I never need to change a thing. It's EFI...

The bosch injectors just are not the correct part for these trucks. The notion of having a better flowing injector is not what you want. The ECM is just programmed to allow for the time an injector is open. It has no idea about the flow of an injector because it assums your going to run an injector with an OEM flow rate which is fixed.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, it's not altitude. I wheel my truck at 6000-7000 ft with no issues.

Big Bear, I'd try adjusting the cog inside the volume air flow meter. Cut open the silicon and pry off the top. Take a sharpie and mark the original position so you know where to turn it back to. Once open, release the metal tab holding it in place and rotate counter-clockwise as shown below:

Name:  AFM-4.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  58.2 KB

Start out with about 4 clicks lean. If still not work, try 6, then 8, 10, etc. etc. That will fix the issue unless you got a more serious one like a bad ECU.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Gamefreakgc
Yeah, it's not altitude. I wheel my truck at 6000-7000 ft with no issues.

Big Bear, I'd try adjusting the cog inside the volume air flow meter. Cut open the silicon and pry off the top. Take a sharpie and mark the original position so you know where to turn it back to. Once open, release the metal tab holding it in place and rotate counter-clockwise as shown below:

Start out with about 4 clicks lean. If still not work, try 6, then 8, 10, etc. etc. That will fix the issue unless you got a more serious one like a bad ECU.
He has taken the best approach...he's selling them and going back to the Denso injectors. No need to fuss with the VAFM at this point...
Old 09-18-2013, 12:21 PM

Does Bosch even make 1 decent replacement part for our trucks? I just steer clear of ANYTHING Bosch.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by snobdds
Between the VAFM, the ECM and the 02 sensor, there shouldn't be a rich condition if using the correct parts. I take mine up to 10,000 feet all summer and I never need to change a thing. It's EFI...

The bosch injectors just are not the correct part for these trucks. The notion of having a better flowing injector is not what you want. The ECM is just programmed to allow for the time an injector is open. It has no idea about the flow of an injector because it assums your going to run an injector with an OEM flow rate which is fixed.
The difference between the Flamethrower Bosch injectors isn't about increased flow. It's almost identical to the DENSO flow rates, only 8% difference. What makes the difference is atomization. The DENSO injectors shoot a stream of fuel. It works, but it's not efficient and doesn't burn as fast. The Bosch injectors have a 4-hole spray that burns fast and powerful.

When I had my injectors serviced and reman'd, the guy who owns the company even told me that stream-type injectors are outdated technology and spray-type injectors were better. He told me to get some if they ever starting making any. I found some and he was right, they work much better.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gamefreakgc
The difference between the Flamethrower Bosch injectors isn't about increased flow. It's almost identical to the DENSO flow rates, only 8% difference. What makes the difference is atomization. The DENSO injectors shoot a stream of fuel. It works, but it's not efficient and doesn't burn as fast. The Bosch injectors have a 4-hole spray that burns fast and powerful.

When I had my injectors serviced and reman'd, the guy who owns the company even told me that stream-type injectors are outdated technology and spray-type injectors were better. He told me to get some if they ever starting making any. I found some and he was right, they work much better.
In theory for a perceived difference...gotcha.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:41 PM

my truck did not like the silver injectors either. ran so rich my eyes watered. i got a set of the orange injectors (same flow rate as stock) and the truck runs fine. i wouldn't knock the flamethrower injectors all together, but the silver ones seem to not work in a lot of trucks. try the orange, you'll be happy.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by vasinvictor
Does Bosch even make 1 decent replacement part for our trucks?
Nope.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:39 PM

He has taken the best approach...he's selling them and going back to the Denso injectors. No need to fuss with the VAFM at this point...
Right there with you on this one, not mad they didn't work I don't think they are defective at all just not plug and play for me more mad at myself for touching something that was fine to begin with

Anyhoo........man your for sale thread got out of wack!! Sorry dude..
Old 09-18-2013, 06:44 PM

That makes sense, but the Bosch injectors are supposed to have the same flow rate (as shown in the video). The only difference is that they have 4 holes rather than the stock 2 to give better atomization.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:08 PM

Denso fuel injectors spray a mist...not a stream of gas. If they're dirty...then its a stream. Just to get rid of some bad info out there.

What makes 2 larger tips better than 4 smaller ones? Just wondering

Quick Reply: FS[PacSouthWest]: Got A Set Of 3VZE FlameThrower Injectors For Sale