Notices
Misc Stuff (Non Auto Related) Anything non vehicle related sell here, including mother in-laws

***ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT*** Classifieds Cleanup

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
***ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT*** Classifieds Cleanup

The Staff is going to be doing some serious cleanup and maintenance to the Classifieds sections.

There are thousands (yes, thousands) of threads that have not been touched in years.
As well as another several thousand that have zero replies in them.

Our goal will be to close those threads where the items were successfully sold.
Eventually, we will be putting a time limit on how long threads can sit in the Classifieds sections.

Our overall goal is to focus the memberships attention on active threads with items that are still for sale.
This will also prevent newer members from finding an item that was for sale years ago, and bringing that thread back from the dead.

We appreciate your patience while we work on this, we also encourage you to browse through your own personal threads and do any cleanup that is necessary.

Thanks,

YotaTech Staff

Last edited by Fink; 02-23-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

**UPDATE**

The Classifieds BoneYard is now open.
This section is going to be a graveyard of old For Sale threads - this will allow members to see what items/rigs have sold for in the past.

Any thread older than 6 months in any of the For Sale or Items Wanted sections will be moved to the BoneYard.
For now, we'll probably leave a 30-day redirect.

If your item does not sell in 6 months, there's a good chance it won't sell in that thread.
You can start up a new one if you would like but ONLY after your old thread has been moved/deleted - we would prefer you to delete your own thread if it dies, though.

These guidelines are subject to change.

Thanks,

YotaTech Staff
Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Contributing Member

***UPDATE***

Over the next few days I'm going to be going through all of the "Soft Deleted" threads we have in the Classifieds sections.

Only mods can see them but there are a lot of them that are junking up these threads and making it hard to keep them organized.
Doing this will cause some members post counts to go down.

We just wanted to let all of you know what was happening to help prevent anybody's pride from getting hurt without prior notice.

If you'd like to discuss this please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance,

YotaTech Staff
Old 04-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Contributing Member

***UPDATE***

Going through in the next few days, hopefully over the weekend and doing another mass-delete of all the old threads.
I've been slacking and we have some that are over a year old in there now.

If you see your post count drop suddenly it is due to this.

I also ask that if you have any for sale threads that are either stagnant or no longer valid, please go in and delete them yourself - no need to put a reason.
I will go back later and clean up the redirects to them after I get the rest cleaned up.

Thanks for your cooperation,

YotaTech Staff

EDIT: All threads prior to 2/1/10 have been deleted.

Last edited by Fink; 04-01-2010 at 07:30 AM.

Quick Reply: ***ADMIN ANNOUNCEMENT*** Classifieds Cleanup