FS [NorAtl]: '87 Longbed Pickup 22R $1,200 - YotaTech Forums

Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

'87 Longbed Pickup 22R $1,200

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #1  

'87 Longbed Pickup 22R $1,200

I've decided to sell my all original 87 longbed pickup. Before putting it on Craigslist I thought I would list it here. The picture is from a few years ago - the box has deteriorated (more) since then. If anyone is interested PM me and I will email you more pics.

The good: runs great at just under 120K miles on original 22R motor (manual trans.). No measurable oil loss (but I can't say there isn't an occasional drip underneath). Frame is still solid - just passed New York State inspection. Cab is in pretty solid condition. 4WD works great no issues. Heat still works fine.

The bad: Rust. The box is pretty far gone. Lots of rust underneath. Scaled rust on frame (it was undercoated awhile back), heavy rust on components (i.e. spare tire carrier gone, some brake line and exhaust mounts missing/completely rusted, controls arms very rusty). Some rust on driver side floor due to leaking vent window, but it is holding up fairly well. Belt squeal at start-up. Likely needs new valve cover gasket. Sometimes slow to start - thinking it is the auxiliary accelerator pump? No radio. Rear middle sliding window was broken at some point and replaced with plexi-glass. Hood release cable doesn't fully release. Bondo/sheet metal patchwork the previous owner completed on box and front fenders is beginning to give way. I've got zip ties holding a few things in place!

I am the 3rd owner - the previous owner installed a new radiator and clutch at some point. In the past 5 years here is a list of work I've done to keep the truck on the road:
-New (salvaged) rear leaf spring - 2018
-New wiper blades - 2018
-New windshield - 2017
-Replaced right rear brake line - 2016
-New parking brake cable - 2016
-New front right wheel bearing - 2016
-New rear left wheel bearing - 2016
-New tail pipe and muffler (straight pipe - I removed and did not replace Cat) - 2016
-New master and slave cylinder - 2015
-Front brake lines replaced - 2015
-New front and rear shocks - 2014
-New (salvaged) rear shock mounts - 2014
-New front calipers, discs and pads. Had rear brake drums machined and installed new shoes - 2013 (still have less than 4K miles on all brake components).

As I said, the truck just passed NYS Inspection (expires May 2019) so it is on the road now. $1,200.
Attached Thumbnails
'87 Longbed Pickup 22R alt=,200-truck.png  
jbaldo is offline   Reply With Quote