Notices
Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

FS[WestCanada]: 1982 4x4 Pickup "NEW" $19,400USD. Kamloops, BC

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 05:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
1982 4x4 Pickup "NEW" $19,400USD. Kamloops, BC

Well...building it was a blast and took 4 years to complete. The license plate is "New 82" and that pretty much describes it....new. I originally bought it from the previous owner in Arizona which is where it spent its life. So, it was virtually rust free to start with. I drove it home and started the tear down. The following is a list of some of the new parts:

22R from the California company, 22RE Performance
LCE Street Headers
MagnaFlow Muffler and Catalytic Converter
Fibreglass bed/box - the original had a slight amount of rust in the seams so rather than try to repair it...I got one that will never rust. This came from http://www.toyotafiberglass.com/toyotafiberglass.htm
Detroit TruTrac in rear
OME Springs x4
Rancho Shocks x4
Greasable shackles x8
Rear Disc Brakes
Transfer Case e-brake
Wheels and Tires
Brake Lines
Master Cylinder
Front and Rear bumpers
Grille
Mirrors, lock cylinders, dash pad, seat belts
All new glass
170 amp Mechman alternator
Tie Rod and FJ40 tie rod ends
Chromolly Axles
OEM locking hubs

I'm sure I am forgetting a bunch of items but it seems as though if it had it...I replaced it. The front end was totally rebuilt. The interior was redone with new headliner, carpet and reupholstered bench seat. It went from having a brown interior from the factory to having a black interior. It has a 14 speaker Hertz sound system including 4 - 10" subs behind the seat, navigation, Sirius/XM, Bluetooth and a 7" screen head unit. The paint is 2017 Ford Lightening Blue Metallic.

I have receipts that will show around $37,000USD into this build.

I finished the build in the Spring of 2018 and I have probably drove it 800 miles. That's the problem...I went a little overboard and now it just sits in my garage. It never goes out in the snow or rain, I don't drive it to work, I wouldn't leave it for long in a parking lot and I don't go off roading.

It is a blast to drive around...it sounds great and gets a whole lot fo attention! But, time to go to someone who will drive it. It's last another 35 years and look good doing it .

I have lots of pictures of the build but not a whole lot of the finished product...I can get more if anyone needs them.

The following 4 users liked this post by medicmoose:
jazz1 (05-23-2019), old87yota (05-23-2019), SomedayJ (05-23-2019), Wracks82 (05-23-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 03:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
**sold**
The following users liked this post:
old87yota (06-07-2019)