Notices
Vehicles - Trailers (Complete) Have a whole vehicle to sell? Put it here

WTT[PacNorWest]: 1981 longbed 4wd for trade only, Portland OR

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1981 longbed 4wd for trade only ($66666), Portland OR

Rules say I need to state a price, so here it is: $66,666 cash. Now with that BS out of the way...

I'm looking to TRADE, not SELL*. I have this '81 longbed and its solid-axle brawn is going to waste in my ownership; I bought in 2012 and thought I'd do a lot more offroading than I have. I want to trade it for an IFS third-gen. Ideally it'd be a straight trade for one in comparable condition. Trade for your rougher truck + cash from you might be an option. Trade for your nicer truck + cash from me is not an option.

What I have:
- Runs and drives well, is my daily driver that I've taken on 1000-mile trips. Un-molested, mostly stock, and what isn't is soldered or bolted-on, not booger-welded. Mechanically solid with a couple of small leaks and imperfections. Well-maintained; engine and driveline oil, coolant, tuneups, valve adjustments done regularly.
- Bbrakes are V6/Landcruiser with a 22RTE dual brake booster, and are modern-car strong, but rotors are warped. All driveshaft joints and suspension rubber, including the OE body mounts, have been replaced since 2012. Tracks straight, steerbox is a bit sloppy.
- Rear axle is a wider 86-95 one with bigger brakes, rebuilt in 2014 with a Tacoma E-Locker that works but has no switch or motor. Tires are Firestone Destination AT 235/75R15 in excellent shape, >70% remaining. All new shocks in 2015. Front springs sagging. Rear springs uprated to 3/4-ton, 1500lb, and it hauls that slowly but surely.
- Frame and cab underside have a little surface rust, no holes, no rot. Bed has a couple of small rust holes and a crack. Cab has a gasket screwed into it for rainproofing a camper shell (which can be included). Rear bumper is custom, very strong, set up to tow.
- Paint is bad and there's minor body damage. Glass is good, new windshield, new powerful Hella headlights rewired with 10-gauge wires and relays.
- Great interior if you're under 6' tall. New carpet with sound deadening, lacquered birch door panels, chrome window cranks and door latches, very comfortable seats out of a Cressida but not much legroom (I'm 5'10" and it's perfect for me but no bigger), 15% window tint. Small cracks in the dashboard, otherwise the interior is in great shape.
- Clean title in my name.
- Comes with most parts needed for factory AC, including a brand new genuine Toyota condenser.

What I want:
- 1989-1995 Yota truck in similar condition: stock or close (no SAS), daily-usable as is, little or no rust, cosmetic issues ok. Will consider other similar trucks, especially diesels. Will also consider a 4wd van (HiAce). Will not consider other vehicle types, so no 4Runners or other SUVs.
- Must be 4wd, and either longbed or extended-cab. That means no Yota shortbed singlecabs.
- Prefer 4-cylinder, manual transmission, manual hubs, black paint.
- No projects. Needs tires, battery, or title, ok. Needs new motor or frame repair, not ok.

Willing to travel for the right deal.

I like my truck and am not in any kind of hurry to be rid of it, so offers will be considered patiently. Let me know what you have and let's talk.

*Enough cash to buy a comparable 3rd gen and make up for the hassle will take it. Make an offer pending in-person inspection; worst I'll say is No.

Last edited by moroza; 08-26-2018 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumpy
Old 09-24-2019, 01:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Do you have pics of your 1981?