Notices
Seller - Buyer Ratings For Members Lets hear it, we want feedback on your transactions, good or bad

Topless4Runner feedback, So did I get screwed

Old 04-13-2008, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say that I am absolutely disgusted by what this guy has done. It has made a bad name for all Canadians and anybody trying to do honest business online. Rosetree, If you do not in fact get your top or are unhappy with it, I would be willing to make you a replacement for FREE and send it to you. All I would ask is for you to pay the shipping! I know it's no substitute for the frustration you have experienced, but I feel obligated to make this right and prove that there are still some honest upstanding people out there. I've put a lot of effort into being up front with people and it all gets shot down with guys like this, problems or not. Just wanted to put this on public record...please e-mail me at info@killertoytops.com if you would like to take me up on the offer.
Shawn
http://www.killertoytops.com
Old 04-13-2008, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by klr toy
I have to say that I am absolutely disgusted by what this guy has done. It has made a bad name for all Canadians and anybody trying to do honest business online. Rosetree, If you do not in fact get your top or are unhappy with it, I would be willing to make you a replacement for FREE and send it to you. All I would ask is for you to pay the shipping! I know it's no substitute for the frustration you have experienced, but I feel obligated to make this right and prove that there are still some honest upstanding people out there. I've put a lot of effort into being up front with people and it all gets shot down with guys like this, problems or not. Just wanted to put this on public record...please e-mail me at info@killertoytops.com if you would like to take me up on the offer.
Shawn
Shawn: That is an AMAZING offer!!!
Where were you when I was looking for a top last year? LOL
I will let you know about this top when I get it.
BTW, I do like your top and the design of it...no holes, same profile as the original top. You top looks real good on your site!
You are doing a great deal to change my opinion of online businesses!
Thank you.
Mark
Old 04-13-2008, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Does the tracking number actually check out? As in you can get on a website and see where it is?

Remember, be cautiously optomistic. Just because a box arrives at your house, doesn't mean its the right parts, or even quality parts. Thouroughly inspect the top.....from top to bottom, inside out and make sure EVERYTHING is there and in tip top shape.
Thanks for the advice Cougar.
I will not call off the dogs until everything is checked out and perfect.
I read the Wenzel thread, and that is something that I learned from the thread.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:54 PM

Thanks for the compliments. I started making these tops last fall around the same time this original thread was in progress. I did see it, but didn't want to hijack the thread since I figured that if anybody did a search, they would find my posts as well. I really don't care for the fastback design, but some people like it so I didn't feel it was necessary to get involved. Somebody e-mailed within the last 2 days and asked that I make them the fastback top in question and sent me the link to the original thread. Well, I hadn't looked at it for a few months and started reading into it a bit more this morning and got angry with what I read. So I decided to do something about it...
Just for the record, I do NOT wish to make copies of this top as I don't want to be associated with it whatsoever!! I will come up with something new before I copy somebody else's stuff.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:28 AM
Contributing Member

KLR, that is amazing you've gone above and beyond to make this right and it wasn't your problem in the first place. I can say this: If anyone I know needs a soft top... I will point them to you in a heartbeat!

PS do you make custom snap tops to fit a bobbed 4 runner? (Like 4 Hummer's set up?)
Old 04-16-2008, 06:30 AM

A Buddy of mine called last night & made me aware of this thread, so I thought I'd take a read..... WOW, I can understand Rosetree's frustration & the comments that he made, but a few have taken it a little too personal. Deathcougar, you have seemed to have taken this to heart & ran with it, "Ralling the troops" & all. Remind me to never cross you personally.
As for Shawn (KLR Toy), wow, a free top... GREAT PR at someone elses expense. The orders must be flooding in... I even considered ordering one myself (under a different name of course).
As for the issue, it has been resolved between Rosetree & myself. I wish the time frame had been different & this could have gone off better, but life is not always peaches & cream.
I would only ask one thing, please do not show up at my home (which has been implyed by some), I do not need that & neither do you. PM me if you want, I will reply.

Jeff
Old 04-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Contributing Member

Jeff (aka topless4runner) ... there is a simple way to disseminate all this frustration....

Explain why rosetree's order was so delayed and why he was unable to contact you. Tell us what you told him. Because frankly while I see you are upset... you did yourself a HUGE disservice by not responding to rosetree... and thus us.

All you have to do is explain what you did and then you might get some customers back...

2 cents.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Topless4runner
A Buddy of mine called last night & made me aware of this thread, so I thought I'd take a read..... WOW, I can understand Rosetree's frustration & the comments that he made, but a few have taken it a little too personal. Deathcougar, you have seemed to have taken this to heart & ran with it, "Ralling the troops" & all. Remind me to never cross you personally.
As for Shawn (KLR Toy), wow, a free top... GREAT PR at someone elses expense. The orders must be flooding in... I even considered ordering one myself (under a different name of course).
As for the issue, it has been resolved between Rosetree & myself. I wish the time frame had been different & this could have gone off better, but life is not always peaches & cream.
I would only ask one thing, please do not show up at my home (which has been implyed by some), I do not need that & neither do you. PM me if you want, I will reply.

Jeff
I have been screwed once, and only once online. It was the first and last time. I do my best to make sure it doesn't happen to others, especially at the rate of $600. So yes,I absolutely rallied the troops. its good to see you finally responded.

As it looks like this issue is being resolved, no one is "showing up at your house" to do anything. Not like anyone would likely have anyways. However, I am sure no one in this thread considers this issue resolved until we hear from Rosetree that everything is as it should be. There is NO excuse for waiting that long for a top or any other product for that matter, and not even making a call or sending an email. I dont care if your Mother was in a plane crash that killed an entire population of panda bears. 30 seconds for an email works just fine.

I would consider Shawn not looking for PR, so much as helping a fellow YT member out. Its what we do as a community. Rosetree still needs/wants a top, so what is wrong with Shawn taking the opportunity to supply him with one? No one else gets the free deal.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lysmachia
Jeff (aka topless4runner) ... there is a simple way to disseminate all this frustration....

Explain why rosetree's order was so delayed and why he was unable to contact you. Tell us what you told him. Because frankly while I see you are upset... you did yourself a HUGE disservice by not responding to rosetree... and thus us.

All you have to do is explain what you did and then you might get some customers back...

2 cents.
Molly,
Without going into my personal life online, it's just been a hard winter. If you look back through my sale thread you can see where I was having problems last year with my computer. It finally died back in December & I haven't had the funds to get it fixed. My 4Runner broke 1 week before Xmas & I still haven't got that fixed. These are just a few among other things that have happened. No long distance on my phone, cost too much to put it on. Things are starting to look up now.

Jeff.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by klr toy
Shawn
You have earned my business for sure! I will be ordering a soft top as soon as i get my first gen DD. thank you for stepping up to the plate.

Last edited by Tofer; 04-16-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah if i ever bob my trail rig and you can make me a top the guy in alberta not N.B then ill order one they look shweeet
Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jeff
Molly,
Without going into my personal life online, it's just been a hard winter. If you look back through my sale thread you can see where I was having problems last year with my computer. It finally died back in December & I haven't had the funds to get it fixed. My 4Runner broke 1 week before Xmas & I still haven't got that fixed. These are just a few among other things that have happened. No long distance on my phone, cost too much to put it on. Things are starting to look up now.

Jeff.

do you really blame us for jumping on you? the world is full of *edit* that will scam anyone if given the chance. you take 600 bucks from the guy and seem to disappear, of course we're going to think you're a bad person. and nobody cares about your *edit* excuse of why you weren't able to to get it shipped out as soon as you expected. the fact is you owed the guy a call, email, PM, or message from laser guided trained delivery owls. buy a cheap calling card and let the guy know whats the story, or go the library and use a computer there. how much money are going to loose now because of lost business due to a bad reputation vs spending a couple bucks for a calling card.

Last edited by Lysmachia; 04-16-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Not PG - 13 - reread rule #3 - Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Staff

Originally Posted by Tofer
do you really blame us for jumping on you? the world is full of chitheads that will scam anyone if given the chance. you take 600 bucks from the guy and seem to disappear, of course we're going to think you're a bad person. and nobody cares about your dripping vagina excuse of why you weren't able to to get it shipped out as soon as you expected. the fact is you owed the guy a call, email, PM, or message from laser guided trained delivery owls. buy a cheap calling card and let the guy know whats the story, or go the library and use a computer there. how much money are going to loose now because of lost business due to a bad reputation vs spending a couple bucks for a calling card.
Damn, you beat me to it. I was gonna use the library line!

BTW, I knew the excuses would come rolling in sooner or later. My computer was broken my truck was broken and my phone has no long distance. Wahhh. Funny how that all "magically" happened at once.

Last edited by DeathCougar; 04-16-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
In my business dealings I have learned that folks will take delays and life's interruptions much easier when they KNOW about them. I just recently had a bump in the road with my powder coater and had to end up buying all my own equipment...not what I wanted to do...but I got it done and I am almost caught back up...life happens...but in a world of communication there is NO excuse NOT to communicate with your customers...period.

I almost wish I had a 4Runner that needed a top now after seeing the klr toy one's...but being in Canada I imagine import/export and shipping would be $$$$.

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 04-16-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Contributing Member

Molly,

Jeff.
Ok thanks for the explanation but....

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
In my business dealings I have learned that folks will take delays and life's interruptions much easier when they KNOW about them. I just recently had a bump in the road with my powder coater and had to end up buying all my own equipment...not what I wanted to do...but I got it done and I am almost caught back up...life happens...but in a world of communication there is NO excuse NOT to communicate with your customers...period.

This is what I was really looking for. Sorry topless4runner, all you had to do was what the wabbit said and it would have all turned out ok.

Lesson learned though. We can move on.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
I almost wish I had a 4Runner that needed a top now after seeing the klr toy one's...but being in Canada I imagine import/export and shipping would be $$$$.

Just as FYI the shipping is not as bad as you may think. For my top at about $650, it was around $40-$50 for duty. Shipping ran about $80-$90 but my tops weighed in at about 18 lbs. I will admit, after looking at KLR Toy's website, his tops are awsome. They look to be put together very well. If I'm not mistaken it looks like the connectors for the frame supports along the rails are a type of marine connector/ disconnector. Very sturdy. Nice design. If I had the $$s I would probably get one, the price is better than I could probably make it for as well. As much as I didn't appriciate Shawn's comments, I do comend him on what he has offered. It shows integrety and Canadian pride. Thanks Shawn.

Jeff
Old 04-17-2008, 08:32 AM

As was stated, My intention was not to capitalize on a PR opportunity or personally attack you, Jeff. Like I said before, I have been watching the original thread since the beginning and kept my distance out of respect for your right to do business as you see fit. At some point, though, I felt obligated to step in and offer help to a fellow TOYOTA enthusiast who felt he got screwed over. You have to admit that he was justified in his concerns after sending you the cash and not recieving any explanation whatsoever over how many months? In doing that you single-handedly tarnished the reputation of online vendors everywhere! Even if you were to make it right with Rosetree at this point, the damage has been done. This is a very small community and news of good service travels fast. News of bad service travels faster than the speed of light! I'm just sorry that the situation had to go as far as it has...
Again, I meant no disrespect to you personally and hope everybody will move past it. Happy wheeling...
Old 04-23-2008, 08:53 AM

Curiosity killed the cat & it's going to get me too. I have not heard anything from Rosetree since he recieved his top on Monday. Just wondering how it fit & his thoughts.... & pics as well please.

Jeff
Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Staff

Yea, Rose, let us know whats going on. Feedback goes both ways ya know!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like there's one on ebay.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Topless4Runner feedback, So did I get screwed