Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

YotatechTour '06 Teasers and Wallpaper!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YotatechTour '06 Teasers and Wallpaper!

Hello Everyone,
For those that have missed the previous and current threads about the DvD I am currently in the process of making for Yotatech feel free to check out the original thread by Clicking Here

In short I am making a DvD that tells a little bit about how yotatech has gotten to where it has become today as well as show a bit of what the members like to do best. GO OFF ROAD!! There will be nature photography provided by Dave Olson (Oly884), video and stills by myself as well as interviews with one of the co-creators, Corey. I am in the middle of a 7 week trip across the country to gather as much footage of Yotatech members as possible. Early winter I plan on heading up north to see what the new englanders have to offer and will be bringing everything together and making a DvD for all to enjoy. I will be posting teaser shots and wallpapers for everyone to enjoy as I explore everything that the good 'ol USA has to offer. So Stay Tuned!

Last edited by Good Times; 08-06-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Contributing Member

The first real leg of the trip was my two day drive from Houston, TX to Albuquerque, NM. Here are some snap shots I took while on the road:

I have completed my first shooting location and I could not have asked for a better two days of wheeling! I want to thank everyone in the New Mexico crowd for making it such a great experience!

The first day out was originally a pre-run to check out some trails in Socorro but I was able to make it there a day early so it turned into a shooting date which turned out really well because most of the group was unable to head out on Sunday. Here are a few shots to get a glimpse of just how beautiful New Mexico is. If you have not visited I highly suggest it. Not only is there great artists throughout Santa Fe the wheeling and views here are simply amazing.

Click on a thumbnail for full version:

Austin (turboale)

Last edited by Good Times; 09-07-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Contributing Member

Teaser New Mexico wallpaper!

(click on the thumb to get a larger image)

Austin (turboale)

Last edited by Good Times; 09-07-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Contributing Member

Hello Everyone,
I got a chance to head out with a few of the AZ folks yesterday and I thought AZ was suppose to be a desert???? We headed up the mountain to avoid the heat and it made for a great day of wheeling! The trail we chose was one that wasn't quite as publicized so we ended up getting lost on the way back but that just adds to the adventure. We ended up on a ATV trail and at the top of the ridge at a radio tower but it sure was pretty up there. The actual wheeling trail was a bit harder than some were expecting but it made for some great footage and some major pucker factor. Anyway, I had a great day and on the way back we stopped at a great local italian restaurant before heading down the mountain. I want to thank everyone that came out and I'm looking forward to the run monday where I hear we will be heading out into some terrain that arizona is known for.

Here are the pics!

Click for full image:

Road Trip Pictures:

Austin (turboale)

Last edited by Good Times; 09-07-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Contributing Member

All I have to say is wow....
On monday a few of the SRD guys and I went out and hit axle alley. Amazing scenery and a bit more what I was expecting from Arizona as far as terrain. We went out to the desert and boy did we ever. I pull up and find 3 rigs with 40"+ tires and 3 sets of 35s. I knew this was going to be a serious trip. Serious doesn't begin to explain what we had to go through to get everyone through this trail. In the end we flopped a truck, broke a rear window, two birfs, one winch line twice, a rear window and a tailgate. It started raining 3/4 through with 2 water falls and one huge hill climb with Black Sheep, a 4Runner with 0 wheel drive and a Taco with 2wd all in a line. We didn't get home until 4am and oh what an adventure! It turned out that BlackSheep's rig was going to be transported to San Diego the day after I was planning on heading out so I offered to take it with me and it is finally home after a year of fabrication getting the 4Link worked out and (after some minor fixes) its going to be ready for Big Bear!

Here are the pics!

Trip Pics:

Austin (turboale)

Old 08-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Contributing Member

Another location down!
All I can say is holy dust storm batman!! I was battling the dust the whole trip but we had some great weather and turn out. It was a little hectic with the closing of the TTORA meet but we had a great group. We had one solid day of wheeling and then I wanted to get a head start getting up to SLO and I was totally beat from the day before. We even had the opportunity to wheel with Marlin himself! Here are a few teasers:

Click for full version:

Austin (turboale)

Old 08-28-2006, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

Hello again,
I wrapped Washington and am heading to Montana today and I know how antsy you Washington people are to see some of the pics. Without any further delay, here are the pics!

Click for full version

Day I:

Day II:

When we returned back to civilization I found Mike's buddies old 911 that he is restoring and I just couldn't help but to take him out on a photoshoot. I liked the way they came out so much I thought I'd post a couple here. Enjoy!

Austin (turboale)

Last edited by Good Times; 09-07-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

Hello Guys and Gals,
Sorry this took so long to post. This is now the third time I have tried to write this so hopefully this one will actually send!

I first want to thank Ric for letting me borrow half of his hotel room for all of my equipment and also for use of his bathroom. Without him I would have been a scary sight! I also want to thank both Him and Mark Fit for pulling this whole thing together and making it happen. They did a great job and fun was had by all. There were a few hiccups but if you aren't breaking something you aren't wheeling!! The first day (Friday) was just Mark and Ric's rigs as they were the only ones that made it up thursday evening. Schofield Pass was nothing short of amazing. They had decided to make the run stock vehicle friendly and more scenic and this trail was no exception. Not only do you pass the one of the most photographed sites in the country but you get plenty of views, waterfalls, water crossings, miniature mountain towns, rock gardens the list goes on and on. If you are in the Glenwood/Crested Butte area and have some spare time I highly recommend it.

Everyone started rolling in on friday as we got in from being on the trail and things started to pick up. Saturday and Sunday we hit transfer trail and pearl pass. Saturday went down without a hitch and Sunday we only had a few minor snags. So I'm filming Kyle head up this rock obsticle and I'm sitting there thinking to myself that something isn't right. Turns out one wheel was headed straight ahead and the other was headed somewhere towards bfe. Needless to say, he lost a bolt out of his steering and we had to fab something up out of a swaybar disconnect to get it back in working order so he could get back to civilization. I have to commend everyone for coming together to look for the missing bolt and then problem solve to come up with the solution. It was definately the moment of the Colorado stop but don't you worry. Each place had their fair share of those moments too! Then close to the end of the trail Chris decides that he hasn't seen enough time off camber and decides to grab some hang time with some trees. I wouldn't have chosen his route but hey, if falling off the side of the road is your sort of thing then all the power to ya! (Don't worry Chris even I have been there ). These trails had a better mix of terrain and also had good views to boot. Colorado sure is one pretty state!

The Official CO4RJ Trail Hounds... (sorry Andy, I didn't get a good one of you )

After spending monday floating the river with chris, Mark Basia and some of Mark's family friends I headed to Winter Park where I met up with the team where we did some moderate trails and made a fantastic feast before heading out to "a little town I like to call", Aspen.

Austin (turboale)

Last edited by Good Times; 09-07-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Contributing Member

The FallCrawl was originally planned to be a scouting run for a new place to hold the SouthEast 4Runner Jamboree but there was enough interest to turn it into its own run. The event was held at RiverRock ORV in Milledgeville Georgia. To read more about the event click the banner!

Here are some of the pics!

Austin (turboale)
Old 02-29-2008, 07:20 PM

did this dvd ever get finished? i pm'd austin and never heard back. i would really like to see the vid the we shot on axle alley.