Old 08-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Banned for dupe accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve did the J.B. Weld hold all the way home
Old 08-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Hotpants
Besides, the only reason some of us won't be back is because the drive is just so long.
That sums it up. 4 days of driving for 2 days of wheeling.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:49 PM

ok, lighten up - at least none of you got beaned in the head with a rock!

All in all we had a good time. It was fun running (at the tail end) with the "big boys" and watching them on a harder obstacle on Holy Cross. Always nice to see someone do to their truck what I wouldn't even consider.

Glad the weather held out for most of the weekend - but wish it would have been better for the potluck BBQ. Oh and it wasfun downing a few with old and new.

We didn't take a lot of pics this year - but here are the ones we did take. If anyone wants a bigger full res images - pm me.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jandastavola/co4rj2005/

John

Last edited by Mojo_Risin; 08-22-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Man that looked like it was a ton of fun...wish i had made it...sorry again for those who missed out on the chips and dip...
Old 08-22-2005, 09:12 PM
Contributing Member

You guys are too funny. Can't we all just get along???

Great pics!! I will be in Co for a few days next month, but unfortunatly I am flying. I would love to hit up some of those trails with you guys!!
Old 08-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Marc P
I will be in Co for a few days next month, but unfortunatly I am flying.
Life's a bitch ain't it?
Old 08-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member

nice pics guys.

i wish i could have made it this year, but it just wasn't meant to be. i'd like to wheel out there for the scenery just as much as the challenge. i've been a web wheeler lately for various reasons and pry will for the rest of 05, but i think things will be back in gear come 06.

and i wasn't even there but i can just tell there are some weenies here getting all bent out of shape over schaefer. he's a cool guy, you just have to understand his humor. it's really not that hard. he knows his ˟˟˟˟˟ when it comes to wheelin and 3rd gens, and volcom, i'd say he could handle the rubicon just fine.

Last edited by calrockx; 08-22-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Contributing Member

Nice pics!!!

Any video yet??
Old 08-22-2005, 11:35 PM

Steve- You grumpy bastard. Go tear that T-case apart!!!

Anyhow I want to see a pic of the largest whatever it was rock.
Here's two pics from "secret creek" - eight miles of getting it. We talked about sand....the back tires were in just that while starting the climb. Imagine this with 1-1.5 ft of water!? This is within one mile of my place. Wanna move sucka....lol.
That's the test mule driving. Since he has done various Tacoma testing here lately I thought I'd let him do the SC trail whilest I enjoyed some testy beverages. Shortly there after we broke a front inner axle on the next obstacle. My junk was absolutely crippled in here with 3wd so we drove the five minutes back....slowly to proceed with Taco testing festivities!!!!!!!
Man I was just looking at the picture where I was behind the buggy, and damn that tire was not over the rock yet.....was in gear...but no parking brake....not too smart.

Curious- Is this what I am supposed to expect in MOAB!? I'm not to into the drama.
Attached Thumbnails Toyota Jambo "05" Buena Vista Colorado-ytsc1.jpg   Toyota Jambo "05" Buena Vista Colorado-scbug2.jpg   Toyota Jambo "05" Buena Vista Colorado-scbug3.jpg  

Last edited by weldpro; 08-23-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by calrockx
nice pics guys.

i wish i could have made it this year, but it just wasn't meant to be. i'd like to wheel out there for the scenery just as much as the challenge. i've been a web wheeler lately for various reasons and pry will for the rest of 05, but i think things will be back in gear come 06.

and i wasn't even there but i can just tell there are some weenies here getting all bent out of shape over schaefer. he's a cool guy, you just have to understand his humor. it's really not that hard. he knows his ˟˟˟˟˟ when it comes to wheelin and 3rd gens, and volcom, i'd say he could handle the rubicon just fine.
We missed you............

But the drive was really long. Especially for you guys. Casey did so well and finally did break his first axle. The look on his face was priceless, man was he pissed.

In fact he broke the stub on the axle and the hub. Not the CV. Those stock Tacoma manual hub axles are impressive.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why is everyone working so hard to ruin this "Trip-Trail Reports & Photos" thread?

Someone start a new thread entitled "Let's all be petty and bitch & moan over inconsequential bullÅÅÅÅ" for the drama some are so hellbent on perpetuating. It takes two (or more) to tango....

For those that have shared pics - thanks! Looks like the wheeling was great!

Who's going to step up and get this thread back on topic?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:47 AM

well aside from all that occurred above, thats a shame...especially coming from an outsider.

awesome trip guys. Glad to hear it was a good trip for most.

Definitely impressed with those IFS 3rd gens that did holy cross..love the pics of the rear ends just sitting on top of those boulders...awesome Mercedes G-wagen?? Steve your 4runner looks like it handled it very well. I especially like how you kept the COG so low on the rig...

does anyone have video to post?

Last edited by westy44runner; 08-23-2005 at 06:54 AM.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:20 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by SteveO
This may be out of place, but IFS crowd be encouraged about your wheeling and not having to step up, or move on to harder components.....meaning, for you guys who are actually thinking of going to Solid Axle, let me be the 1st to tell you, you can wheel just about anything you want in an IFS rig, with enough throttle control......
Exactly. I know Casey's 4Runner could have done the same whale rock line I did. I know it. He's not really ready for that yet though, but the truck is.

Those IFS trucks can do alot. the front ends are very good and really work well. As far as I found the more stock parts you keep the stronger and more robust it stays.

Can I go more places than I could with 35's and IFS? No. Can I now put a show on and bark all 4 thirty five inch tires at the same time. Yes. It's all about strength. That's it. When climbing whale rock with IFS I would have had to make sure not to over do the gas. With the Dana 44 I just gave it as much as I wanted and knew it would be there no matter what. That is why you swap.

Avoid the bling, stick with Toyota parts and keep it strong. Let's go wheeling !!!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
Avoid the bling, stick with Toyota parts and keep it strong. Let's go wheeling !!!
I agree
Old 08-23-2005, 11:02 AM

What a disappointing thread.

Great pictures though. Love to see some vid's
Old 08-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok Ok, no more arguing. Any more arguing will be deleted... take it to PMs if you have to.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Contributing Member

I apologize !

I apologize to all for my post. Some people just push the wrong buttons quick. I'll delete it. Looks like a great trip and just for the record
I've learned a ton from Steve - from a distance even !
Old 08-23-2005, 12:03 PM

Hi All!

Hi Everybody!
Wow, just reading this thing has tired me out. hee hee Boys will be Boys I guess. (And I love you ALL )

Anyway, back to the Trail/ Trip Report...
Once again a great time! The trails were awesome. I absolutely loved Holy Cross. What a fun and beautiful trail! It was challenging for us yet so exciting and fun. I loved watching the bigger rigs at French Creek. I really have never seen anything like it- Casey hanging on by your rear... Steve crawling and grinding and crawling... SO COOL!!!

John and I enjoyed leading Wheeler Lake on Saturday. Too bad we had some naughty 'Jeepers' to deal with but such is life. The trail was great, Bowling Ball Hill was slick- and it was brisk at the top! We got everyone down and had a safe day. Congrats to all of you that did Wheeler! I know that when you are new to the moderate stuff those obstacles can look HUGE! You all did so awesome! Thanks to Mark for being a great spotter too.

I love that every year I understand a little more about the trucks, learn a little more about how to see a good line and most importantly- have a fabulous time with old friends and meet some more new ones. You were all so much fun and I appreciate the fact that I will live about 7 years longer because of all the laughing I did around the campfire.

I appreciate the fact that everyone was willing to cook in the rain and huddle under canopies for the potluck. Thanks to you all!

I can't wait to see you all again. I look forward to seeing the rig evolution next year...
XXXOOO,
Anna Banana

http://home.earthlink.net/~jandastavola/co4rj2005/

Last edited by AnnaBanana; 08-23-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:15 PM

I can't wait to get my rig out here and go ride Wheeler, because it sounds like you guys had a blast and it's beautiful.

Chris
Old 08-23-2005, 01:47 PM

Can people include their names in their posts, so I can remember who's who?

Chris

Quick Reply: Toyota Jambo "05" Buena Vista Colorado