Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can host anything

Chris
Old 07-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Spacers

Originally Posted by dragr1
They worked great-more stick than my Bridgestone's. I had to trim the front fender flares a little and pound the pinch weld flat to run them-I also could not disconnect the swaybars b/c that would push the tire into the body a good bit. I ran a 1/4" spacer and they only rubbed the a-arm at full droop and aired down and it was very minimal rubbing. I'm sold on these. As an added benefit, the stronger sidewall I believed help tow my camper better b/c with the Bridgestones I could only pull it at 65mph w/o sway, but with the BFG's, I went 70-75 before sway cam apparent. This was on the same road (I-85) and the truck was the same except for the tires, so I can't come up with another reason other than that. They are slightly narrower than other 285's I have had.
I'd say the spacers had something to do with the sway as you were out wider with them on. I'm considering getting some spacers as well just to get the tires out of the fender well more, mainly on the front as I usually hit on the backside on a turn w/ a stuff.

Old 07-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
I'd say the spacers had something to do with the sway as you were out wider with them on. I'm considering getting some spacers as well just to get the tires out of the fender well more, mainly on the front as I usually hit on the backside on a turn w/ a stuff.

thatll probably make them worse.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by RTdawgs
thatll probably make them worse.
That's what I've heard too.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:32 PM

Hey, Chris (or ayone else that remembers)... what trails did we ride and in what order?
Old 07-12-2004, 06:43 PM
Banned

Talking Pics

Originally Posted by synovus
Hey, Chris (or ayone else that remembers)... what trails did we ride and in what order?

Email me the pics of my rig or email me a link where I can download them as the way they are posted you can't right click and save as and view anything. Thanks!

Old 07-12-2004, 06:52 PM

Email me the pics of my rig or email me a link where I can download them as the way they are posted you can't right click and save as and view anything. Thanks!

I know your mother taught you to say please. (kidding) LOL
No problem. I'll do it like I did last time and just e-mail you the links when I get 'em up. Tomorrow morning, most likely.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Contributing Member

Started on Trail 5 by crossing the river, then we got on Trail 4 and after we crossed Fains Ford we got on Trail 8 and went by the top of Slickrock, after completing Trail 8, we got back briefly on Trail 4 again, and then we went down Trail 6 to where we ended the ride.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by dragr1
Started on Trail 5 by crossing the river, then we got on Trail 4 and after we crossed Fains Ford we got on Trail 8 and went by the top of Slickrock, after completing Trail 8, we got back briefly on Trail 4 again, and then we went down Trail 6 to where we ended the ride.
Awesome. Thanks, Brett!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:42 PM
Contributing Member

looksl like you guys had fun. i wish i could have made it. bummer. maybe next time.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

oh, and which trails did you run.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Contributing Member

Hey guys,
Just got down to savannah a little while ago, phew what a weekend, over 1300 miles of driving and even had time for tellico in there somewhere Well, now I have to find a way to get a cf card reader b/c I have no way of charging my camera. grrr... and tomorrow I have a big test so i'm off to bed so I can get up earily and study my arse off. Then after that I have to see whats up with my 4Roc decal order and see if they are ready and if they are I'll be right by bestbuy and i'll be able to go pickup a card reader and I'll be able to put up my pics. As for the vids, send em on down!! Andy, I'll pm you my address. As for webspace, if chris can take care of it then cool but if not I'll see what I can do. Rick, I like the pics, i'll have to take a closer look at them later though b/c my eyes are getting to the heavy state and that won't help you much there since I can't even see them Was the last couple shots a panarama or did you just crop it? If its an acutal panarama we might be able to get it blown up a bit. If not, it won't be worth it. Glad to hear everyone is back save and sound. Can't wait til next time!

oh yeah,
brett is your camera dv or digital8?

andy, now you need to add "scratched" to your sig

Last edited by turboale; 07-12-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Hey guys,
Just got down to savannah a little while ago, phew what a weekend, over 1300 miles of driving and even had time for tellico in there somewhere Well, now I have to find a way to get a cf card reader b/c I have no way of charging my camera. grrr... and tomorrow I have a big test so i'm off to bed so I can get up earily and study my arse off. Then after that I have to see whats up with my 4Roc decal order and see if they are ready and if they are I'll be right by bestbuy and i'll be able to go pickup a card reader and I'll be able to put up my pics. As for the vids, send em on down!! Andy, I'll pm you my address. As for webspace, if chris can take care of it then cool but if not I'll see what I can do. Rick, I like the pics, i'll have to take a closer look at them later though b/c my eyes are getting to the heavy state and that won't help you much there since I can't even see them Was the last couple shots a panarama or did you just crop it? If its an acutal panarama we might be able to get it blown up a bit. If not, it won't be worth it. Glad to hear everyone is back save and sound. Can't wait til next time!

oh yeah,
brett is your camera dv or digital8?

andy, now you need to add "scratched" to your sig
My camera is Digital 8. I seperated my video into several smaller vids, all are mpg format.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Contributing Member

alrightey, that works!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:53 PM

Rick, I like the pics, i'll have to take a closer look at them later though b/c my eyes are getting to the heavy state and that won't help you much there since I can't even see them Was the last couple shots a panarama or did you just crop it? If its an acutal panarama we might be able to get it blown up a bit. If not, it won't be worth it.
No hurry. Just like to get informed opinions on things to improve. And no, the group shots were not panoramic, just cropped. The pano(s) Angie took should turn out much better. Mine definitely are not enlargement quality.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:20 AM
Banned

Talking Please!

I know your mother taught you to say please. (kidding) LOL
No problem. I'll do it like I did last time and just e-mail you the links when I get 'em up. Tomorrow morning, most likely.

PLEASE!!!!!
Old 07-13-2004, 06:06 AM
Contributing Member

Well, you got brian on his knees...
Old 07-13-2004, 07:59 AM

PLEASE!!!!!
BWAHAHAHA!! That's better!! They're uploading as I type this. Be lookin' for an e-mail in about 10 minutes.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:15 AM

Well, you got brian on his knees...
He looks like a prude, but he's surprisingly easy.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:33 AM
Banned

He looks like a prude, but he's surprisingly easy.
Ouch...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SouthEastYotaJam '04- Tellico Pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: