Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

SE Fall Colors Run Pics & Vids Nov. 5-7!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joed4x4
Mark (ZMAN) has already volunteered his truck and he can leave it with me for a couple of weeks to work out the details/design. But if that falls through I will let you know.

Either way, I want one, I'm sure it'll be priced a bit better than Steve's bumper, and if not it will be better than shipping it from AZ, I can come and pick this one up and install it all on the same day.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:31 AM
Contributing Member

Plastic,
What computer are you going to be using, because video takes a good bit of memory, your atleast going to be digitizing it so you can choose how big, but then once you get it on the computer your going to need software to edit it. I would suggest going to best buy and getting a bundle that comes with the plug as well as some cheap editing software that will get the job done for you. If you had a mac, it would come with it free Let me know if you have any questions, i'm a video film major so I know a thing or two (I've actually been up all night finishing a project for postproduction (editing) and MAN avid sucks!! and it still costs $80,000 for ONE machine!

Joe,
I will also be interested in getting a rear bumper once you get things straghtened out. I would also have options for extra bracing under the truck for those that want a tire carrier. Since that is the big debate about putting tire carriers on 3rd gens. I was meaning to take a closer look at the one on your tow rig but I never got a chance to take a real close look at it :pat: It was nice meeting you and seeing your monster rigs, your pooches were also great company and I'm sorry they couldn't join us in the cabin. Keep us posted on the bumper situation!
Old 11-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Banned

um how bout fedora core 1 instead of mac? ive got the software it came with my video card, and ive already got the plug... what i might do is just go look for the "freeware" vid editing software, but it will be a while since im working 4 10's from 10pm to 8am
Old 11-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Contributing Member

I just use microsoft movie maker for the ones I do, but I have never tried to make it look professional so that is my limit of knowledge.
Old 11-09-2004, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member

I wish we hadn't have been out so late so we could have woken up before everyone had left. I could have gotten all of your footage so my video wouldn't just be us doing the wimpy stuff and then trip up there from asheville. Oh well. Unless it happens to be a miniDV camera. It looked like a 8mm or Hi8 camera though. Right? I'm digitizing all the footage as I type so we will have a video soon. Not too much coverage since I only had one camera coughjaysoncough and also my roomie backed out last minute also. Oh well, the DvD thing will have to wait til next meet. That is unless anyone wants one, I'd be happy to burn them one if you just give me money for a disk. Anywho... here are the best of Will's pics color corrected, cropped and compressed a little. I'm not sure what the hell is going on with the spacing, but it won't f'n change. I'll try to get a compilation of as many as I can on one site. So lets see the pics! Sorry my hi-rez camera was down this trip. The battery charger grew legs and they are like $40 and that was my second one .

Click for Will's Pics
Old 11-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for posting those Austin. You know, I dont think the thumbnail pics and the full image are the same
Old 11-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by seaflea
Thanks for posting those Austin. You know, I dont think the thumbnail pics and the full image are the same

haha, sorry... forgot to add the links to the full images, I'll do that now. If you right click it and go to proporties and then copy and paiste the url into your address window the full image will show up. Or, you can just wait
Old 11-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

Working out better for ya sire?
Old 11-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Banned

its 8mm. ill make a copy or ill just mail you the tape sound good?
Old 11-10-2004, 02:41 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Working out better for ya sire?
much better, Thanks!
Old 11-10-2004, 05:29 AM
Contributing Member

Thats cool, I don't know anyone with a 8mm camera off hand, but I could probably find one somewhere. If you know someone with a miniDV camera that would be best, but if not... no sweat.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Banned

ive got a hookup on getting the vid done now, so expect it in another week (10pm to 8am shifts suck)
Old 11-11-2004, 03:20 PM

Where's everyone's pics and vids from the trip? Come on guys!

Chris
Old 11-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Contributing Member

I;m wondering the same thing.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ravencr
Where's everyone's pics and vids from the trip? Come on guys!

Chris
I posted what I had. It seems that the more rides we have-the more we ride and the less we stop for pics and vids. You know Tellico is usually pretty crowded anyway-kind of hard to stop a big group when there is always someone else coming up behind you.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:00 PM

Tis true! We need to start riding the harder trails guys! I bet we'd get a lot of pictures if we got a group to run upper 2 and slickrock again!

Chris
Old 11-11-2004, 06:07 PM

Here's a link to the new thread about our followup ride at Windrock TN. Lot's of funs stuff there for sure. You won't want to miss it!

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...174#post448174

Chris
Old 11-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Contributing Member

If I could drive like you Chris I would run Upper 2 or slickrock. With that 30-45min show you put on there at Fain's Ford later that evening, I was impressed like no other. Just shows what a good truck in capable hands can do, IFS made no difference to your line, you were getting lines I had watched Jeeps slip off of or not even attempt. I think you Paul and Mark(I'm sure there are more, I just saw these guys) should give a driving school for 4Runners a try. I need a trip up trail 8 and 6 a few more times to get my confidence level up and learn how to find the clean lines and I'll be ready.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ravencr
Tis true! We need to start riding the harder trails guys! I bet we'd get a lot of pictures if we got a group to run upper 2 and slickrock again!

Chris
Um, I'll run the video camera for those trails. My 5spd won't crawl like your auto!
Old 11-12-2004, 01:42 AM

Ok, fair enough, Brett. I appreciate the kind words Stump, but almost anyone can follow the directions of a good spotter. You'll get there. It all just comes with more seat time!

Chris

Quick Reply: SE Fall Colors Run Pics & Vids Nov. 5-7!