Notices
Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

SE Fall Colors Run Pics & Vids Nov. 5-7!

Old 11-08-2004, 06:34 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redplastic2p3t
ive got video of me (jeff) and joe going up slick rock. its just a matter of time before i rip it on the computer
Lunch at Fain's Ford - after lunch is when my runner would not start.

http://bbgkxad04:8055/default.aspx
Old 11-08-2004, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Doc279
Lunch at Fain's Ford - after lunch is when my runner would not start.

http://bbgkxad04:8055/default.aspx
Wrong link - sorry about that !

http://img125.exs.cx/img125/4641/MVC-016F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-08-2004, 06:43 AM
Contributing Member

Wrong link - sorry about that !

http://img125.exs.cx/img125/4641/MVC-016F.jpg[/IMG]
one more time http://img125.exs.cx/img125/4641/MVC-016F.jpg
Old 11-08-2004, 06:48 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by redplastic2p3t
ive got video of me (jeff) and joe going up slick rock. its just a matter of time before i rip it on the computer
Me wanna see!

Old 11-08-2004, 06:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Stump1883
Thanks Paul for giving me that push to go harder everynow and then, I needed the confidence boost, once I scrached up that fender I was fine from there on out, once she wasn't a cherry anymore it made it easier, going up and down trail 8 left me with a dented gas tank, rear bumper and a smaller exhaust tip. I had a good time and that is all that matter, the rest is just minor details. Thanks, Mark, Paul, Doc, and Bret for a great time.

Justin check your PMs, I left my Jacket in your truck.
Scott - remember the tight fit at the rocks ?

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/336/MVC-009F1.jpg

Old 11-08-2004, 07:04 AM
Contributing Member

Scott - remember the tight fit at the rocks ?

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/336/MVC-009F1.jpg

Remember it well, maybe we should have took that as a hint that the trail was not for us, :pat: . Oh well, I just took a look at my rear fender flare, I picked up some rock rash there as well, from that shot there. Oh well good times, wish I could have spent some time down there at Crawfords with everyone and had some campfire conversation, but most of our night was spent at Fain's Ford fixing Austin's rig, I'm just glad the "30min job" actually turned out to be 30 mins, after 3 hours. Next time we are all just going to pick one spot and all stay there, Crawfords would have been nice, but the heated cabin was good to go home too. I know I'm a wuss.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Contributing Member

Remember it well, maybe we should have took that as a hint that the trail was not for us, :pat: . Oh well, I just took a look at my rear fender flare, I picked up some rock rash there as well, from that shot there. Oh well good times, wish I could have spent some time down there at Crawfords with everyone and had some campfire conversation, but most of our night was spent at Fain's Ford fixing Austin's rig, I'm just glad the "30min job" actually turned out to be 30 mins, after 3 hours. Next time we are all just going to pick one spot and all stay there, Crawfords would have been nice, but the heated cabin was good to go home too. I know I'm a wuss.
The narrow trail and the rocks should have tipped us off - but NO way were we stopping

I had a heater for my tent and it was not that bad - good food too !
Thanks again Paul, Mark ( Z-Man ) , Brett and Brandi we had quite the buffet Saturday night. It was about 15 degree's warmer too - we also had an award winning fire going
Old 11-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Contributing Member

Closer shot of the clearance ?

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/1192/MVC-010F2.jpg
Old 11-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Closer shot of the clearance ?

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/1192/MVC-010F2.jpg
All I can say is BEAUTIFUL SLIDERS!

Old 11-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Contributing Member

It was about 15 degree's warmer too - we also had an award winning fire going

very true. i agree with you on that one doc.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Contributing Member

Body Damage modification

I creased my right front fender but found that Crawfords had the
perfect sticker to "hide" the damage. Check it out !

http://img107.exs.cx/img107/2126/MVC-001F6.jpg

Rear tool box added / I like to carry my tow strap, tools, fire extinguisher,
etc. in the box. Mounting it to the useless tire carrier was a good application. Spare was moved underneath last year.
I think it is a great modification.
http://img127.exs.cx/img127/5900/MVC-003F2.jpg

Rednecks thinking outside the box !
Old 11-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah,
I wish we could have had more campfire stories time, but if it hadn't taken 7 hours (we left the cabin at 9 and got back at 4) then maybe we could have. As for the cv, I was going up the ledge above fains ford and had it at left lock and two tires spinning (locker would have been nice) and I rev'd it to see if they would bite but nothing so I put the brakes on to stop them from spinning so I could put it in reverse to take another run at it and when i put the brakes on it just snapped. . I'm so pissed it was something so dumb. I couldn't have been trying to go up slickrock with 285s and two open diffs and THEN brake a CV, noooOOooo... Oh well, atleast I didn't brake one on the street on the way to tellico Just kidding. Somehow I knew it was going to happen when I saw you guys coming down 1 and you said it was going to be easy as hell and you just do this and this. Thanks for the tools and big thanks to brett for the CV. I was really freaking out worring about getting back to school b/c I can't miss any more of my 9. I'll upload Will's pics now (btw will, I still have your memory card. PM me your address and i'll drop it in the mail for ya. Sorry about that. Everyone took off before we could get out of the cabin)
Old 11-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

Rear Bumper damaged as well

Just noticed that this picture shows damage that I had not seen.
Apparently I rock smacked the rear bumper too ! :cry:

It does add some character though ! What do you think ?
http://img126.exs.cx/img126/9008/MVC-005F1.jpg
Old 11-08-2004, 09:03 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by turboale
Yeah,
I wish we could have had more campfire stories time, but if it hadn't taken 7 hours (we left the cabin at 9 and got back at 4) then maybe we could have. As for the cv, I was going up the ledge above fains ford and had it at left lock and two tires spinning (locker would have been nice) and I rev'd it to see if they would bite but nothing so I put the brakes on to stop them from spinning so I could put it in reverse to take another run at it and when i put the brakes on it just snapped. . I'm so pissed it was something so dumb. I couldn't have been trying to go up slickrock with 285s and two open diffs and THEN brake a CV, noooOOooo... Oh well, atleast I didn't brake one on the street on the way to tellico Just kidding. Somehow I knew it was going to happen when I saw you guys coming down 1 and you said it was going to be easy as hell and you just do this and this. Thanks for the tools and big thanks to brett for the CV. I was really freaking out worring about getting back to school b/c I can't miss any more of my 9. I'll upload Will's pics now (btw will, I still have your memory card. PM me your address and i'll drop it in the mail for ya. Sorry about that. Everyone took off before we could get out of the cabin)
Austin,

Who ended up with my rubber carpet Mat ? Those things are great for the mud or wet ground.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:14 AM
Contributing Member

Its in the back of brady's truck. What do you want to do about it? I'm coming home for thanksgiving sometime so I could get it back to you then if you want it back. Again, everyone took off before we even woke up really (stupid cv!!!) It was nice meeting you, I just wish I had more time to sit and chat with you. oh well.... next time!

Last edited by turboale; 11-08-2004 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:20 AM
Contributing Member

Its in the back of brady's truck. What do you want to do about it? I'm coming home for thanksgiving sometime so I could get it back to you then if you want it back. Again, everyone took off before we even woke up really (stupid cv!!!) It was nice meeting you, I just wish I had more time to sit and chat with you. oh well.... next time!
I'm thinking that it would make a great christmas present - Merry Christmas !
I can get another with very little problem. The mat makes for a great modification - especially on wet ground. :xmas13:

Just wondered who ended up with it.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Contributing Member

Well thanks!

I owe you a couple cold ones at the next meet then
Old 11-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

Well thanks!

I owe you a couple cold ones at the next meet then
I can DO the cold ones !

I wasn't worried about it - just wondered if it helped and who ended up with it. Those things should be standard equipment.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Contributing Member

I can DO the cold ones !

I wasn't worried about it - just wondered if it helped and who ended up with it. Those things should be standard equipment.
Yes they certainly should, we would have lost alot of parts in the mud dirt if we hadn't had that mat, we would have also been alot more dirty, if that would actually be possible palying with CV grease. We're just going to have to make the next trip even more organized and maybe next time it will be alot warmer. I would really like to be in one spot and be able to spend more time around the camp fire with everyone. I had the most amazing time out on the trail with Doc. Mark, Paul, Bret, and Brandi, it was a pleasure for a first time Tellico trip to be with these people. Thanks for putting up with my nervouseness with my virgin truck, and showing me the good lines. Can't wait to do it again.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the great trip. Chris thanks for heading up the group and for putting up up with us. It was a great time. I am happy to say that we made it home in one piece and no body damage! Mike (Doink) It was great meeting you hope to see you on the trails next meet.
Here is a pic of me in the rock garden at crawfords.
thats the best I have right now. Austin has the rest of the pics on his computer.
Brian. You missed out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by seaflea; 11-08-2004 at 03:10 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SE Fall Colors Run Pics & Vids Nov. 5-7!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: