YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Trip-Trail Reports & Photos (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/)
-   -   Reiter's 8/29/04 (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/reiters-8-29-04-a-39410/)

MNBOY 08-23-2004 08:28 PM

Reiter's 8/22/04

Took a quick trip to Reiters to try out the rig now that it's out of the garage. David (Mad Chemist) and Dave came along to see what would break. Fun day, just enough rain and mud to make it interesting. I got to try all the new stuff I installed, and David finally got to use his winch when I got in over my head. I didn't bring a camera, so no pics from me, and I think David just took a couple of me cresting one of the hills for an avatar pic (I think he's sick of my cat in the sink pic) so maybe he'll post those if he sees this thread. Overall impression is that the runner will work well, almost makes things too easy now, but a new clutch is in my immediate future. I promise more pics on the next run.

Yoter 08-23-2004 08:30 PM

8-29-04? Not fair I wanna go! My rig is so ready for Reiter's PeeYaght

MNBOY 08-23-2004 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by BigBadBlue
8-29-04? Not fair I wanna go! My rig is so ready for Reiter's PeeYaght

Sorry I meant 8/22/04. Already been there, already done that. I'll let you know next time we go, it's just down the road from me so it's an fairly easy drive, even for a somewhat unroadworthy rig like my runner.

Yoter 08-23-2004 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by MNBOY
Sorry I meant 8/22/04. Already been there, already done that. I'll let you know next time we go, it's just down the road from me so it's an fairly easy drive, even for a somewhat unroadworthy rig like my runner.

Yeah hell yeah let me know a few days to a week in advance so I can make time. It's an hour or so drive over the pass for me but well worth it. Only been there once but dayum was it sweet. Plus I have yet to meet you yet and wanna. talk to yuh later.

WATRD 08-23-2004 08:48 PM

Bummer! I am sorry I missed out. Things conspired to keep me at home. :(

MNBOY 08-23-2004 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by WATRD
Bummer! I am sorry I missed out. Things conspired to keep me at home. :(

I kinda figured. Besides, it would have ruined our record of never having both of us on the same run. Suppose we'll have to do another Azteca night just to hang out and BS.

Yoda 08-24-2004 04:27 AM

Yes!! A cantina 4X4 run!

MNBOY 08-24-2004 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Yoda
Yes!! A cantina 4X4 run!

Let us know when your beast is back on the road so we can line em up in the parking lot again, and we'll plan another meet and greet dinner. If we wanted to combine some off-roading we can do it at the same Azteca in Bellvue and just ignore the road closed signs on 405 and play in the construction zone.

Mad Chemist 08-24-2004 08:07 PM

It was definitely a good time, sorry I didn't take more pics, especially of the nasty little spot Greg got himself into. We had just the right amount of fun without getting into too much trouble. A mid-week dinner sounds like fun, although a mid-week run might be better- we're quickly approaching the days of darkness.....

Mad Chemist 08-24-2004 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh yeah, here's Greg's pic:

MNBOY 08-24-2004 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Chemist
Oh yeah, here's Greg's pic:

Thanks David. The "poser" pic will have to do for a new avatar until I get the rig back out and do something really stupid. I kind of like the no bumper/license plate zip-tied in place white trash look to it.