Notices
Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Lilly Lake NY's Eve recovery

Old 12-31-2004, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lilly Lake NY's Eve recovery

At 5:55pm my buddy Jimmy called me asking me if I had a winch or knew of someone that did. I told him no but that his high lift could act as one. I asked if he was stuck and he said yeah so I told him I would be right up. I was on the road at 6:05 and got there at like 6:35. It was snowing all to hell on the way but wierd enough not so much up where they were at. I got there and Jimmy's 4runner was in the ditch. This ditch was like three feet deep in the area he was in and further down closer to four. I guess he had been stuck for an hour already and had the help of a Chevy but they had no luck. I took a quick look at the sitcheeation and started digging for my strap. We attempted using a tree twenty feet away to anchor him onto so I could recover the booty end out of this ditch. Nope chain wasnt long enough. So we had the Chevy pull back down to our location and we strapped onto him. I strapped onto the back and took off into a flat where I could make new tracks and not slide or dig into the road. It worked like a charm and I yanked his runner right out. I will post pics of his carnage tomorrow where he mangled his rear bumper when he first got stuck. I have yet to see a bumper as screwed as his. Now he has a good reason to be a guinni pig for building bumpers. Thanks for calling me up Jimmy, I was glad to help yuh out that hole. Ben
Old 12-31-2004, 08:21 PM

No Ben, thank you! That chevy wasn't doing to much by its self. Glad you got there as fast as you did. Well it had to happen some time. Stuck alone in the snow just like I always worried about. Before we left I jokingly told my wife the route we would take in case we didn't make it back. Well now talk about bad mojo. Wasn't doing any thing crazy just slid side ways. Did I tell you about the snowmobilers that didn't stop. I'll save that one.
Thanks again Ben any time just ask.

jim
Old 12-31-2004, 09:20 PM

So let me ask now that were back in the good ol city. Were you going up and lost traction? I am curious to know how you got way over to that side of the trail. I loved how I just cruised on into the flat where the snow had yet to be touched and didnt get even slightly stuck. Gotta be that locker huh. I had fun, thanks for getting stuck.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Yoter
So let me ask now that were back in the good ol city. Were you going up and lost traction? I am curious to know how you got way over to that side of the trail. I loved how I just cruised on into the flat where the snow had yet to be touched and didnt get even slightly stuck. Gotta be that locker huh. I had fun, thanks for getting stuck.
I slid in to that ditch about 50 yards further up the trail. Just couldn't climb out of it to much ice under the snow. As for you thanking me for getting stuck .Hey no problem any time. Glad to help out a bro.

jim