Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Hollister Hills report Jan 14

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well stand by for the official trip report thread but just real quick I'll pipe in. I think the final count was 8 of us. It rained sheets most of the day but we had an awesome time anyways. 5 minutes in we had 2 Runner buried that required recovery. We played all day pretty much and finally had to stop when we lost a whole leaf spring. Not just one leaf but the whole pack.. all three leafs snapped in half. After an awesome trail repair that involved ratchet strapping a 2X4 from the axle to the frame we got the rig back to civilization. Overall a great day of wheeling!
Old 01-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by UKMyers
Well stand by for the official trip report thread but just real quick I'll pipe in. I think the final count was 8 of us. It rained sheets most of the day but we had an awesome time anyways. 5 minutes in we had 2 Runner buried that required recovery. We played all day pretty much and finally had to stop when we lost a whole leaf spring. Not just one leaf but the whole pack.. all three leafs snapped in half. After an awesome trail repair that involved ratchet strapping a 2X4 from the axle to the frame we got the rig back to civilization. Overall a great day of wheeling!
I would've loved to come! Especially in the rain it must've been extra fun and an extra challenge! Oh well. Which obstacle did the pack break?

I am impressed so many people showed up as well! GO CHRIS!
Old 01-15-2006, 09:10 AM

It was a good time. Except for getting stuck right off the bat and having 2 rigs and about 8 guys trying to pull me out. And ofcourse, that was during the hail-storm. sorry bout that.

Good times though, cant wait to see some pics.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Contributing Member

Last edited by JoKEpLaYeR; 01-15-2006 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks to everyone for showing up. that was an awsome trip with not TOO much carnage. i knew i should have hosed off the mud while it was still wet, its STUCK to the truck now and will be a PITA to get it off. i'll get hte pics of stephanie's camera and post a bunch.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by marko3xl3
I would've loved to come! Especially in the rain it must've been extra fun and an extra challenge! Oh well. Which obstacle did the pack break?

I am impressed so many people showed up as well! GO CHRIS!
The pack broke by the bottom of tank trap on a very short mud hill by the pit. It shouldn't have sheared like that. Chris has pictures.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:51 PM

This is what I missed! Goddamnit. screw work, I should have told my boss I quit, so I could come. Although you guys would have needed to pull me out every second.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Lebniis
This is what I missed! Goddamnit. screw work, I should have told my boss I quit, so I could come. Although you guys would have needed to pull me out every second.
We had the straps out so many times this trip - It made it slow going, but fun!
Old 01-15-2006, 05:35 PM

Should have just attached a rope to my rig, and to the back of another better equipped truck, and just drive around like that.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:02 PM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Scott stuck with in the frist couple minutes.

Felix playing on the frametwister.

Joey Playing King of the hill

part Group shot in the rock cory

Group shot on top

Cruch.

joey trying to make it up the same hill that snaped the spring

this is what happens when you try to pull forward wiht fogged up windows... opps.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member

Let me just say that I love doing trail repairs.... It's honestly one of the highights of wheeling for me... and with Felix around, you know trail repairs aren't very far away We have some great stories from Death Valley in March of 2005 about both of our trucks and the repairs that kept us moving. Another repair to add to the list.

Last edited by JoKEpLaYeR; 01-16-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Contributing Member

Awesome pics guys! I had a great time. Be sure and look me up next time you guys go to Hollister!
Old 01-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Joey, it was great to meet you. Fun wheeling man. I'll let you know when we go to Hollister again. Chris and I are gonna be snow wheeling in 2 weeks up by Quincy if you're interested.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:32 PM

Nice pics. It was nice to meet all the guys who showed up. Good turnout.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Contributing Member

Cool pix. Looks like you guys had fun in the mud.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member

Bulldog, I must say it was kinda wierd not to run into you out there... You should have joined us!
Old 01-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by JoKEpLaYeR
Bulldog, I must say it was kinda wierd not to run into you out there... You should have joined us!
I had too many things to do this weekend. Besides I really didn't feel like cleaning up mud as one the things on my todo list was cleaning the 4R inside and out as well as waxing it.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:29 AM
ish

looked like fun.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:06 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by JoKEpLaYeR
Let me just say that I love doing trail repairs.... It's honestly one of the highights of wheeling for me... and with Felix around, you know trail repairs aren't very far away We have some great stories from Death Valley in March of 2005 about both of our trucks and the repairs that kept us moving. Another repair to add to the list.
Yes Yes I brooke my leaf spring pack, but at least I got up the hill. If I remember correctly Joey didn't even make it up the hill lol...Well I had fun wheeling with all of you guys. It was my first time meeting most of you, but I had a really great time and can't wait to fix my truck so I can go out and beat it to hell again. Until next time Peace.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by mfelix
Yes Yes I brooke my leaf spring pack, but at least I got up the hill. If I remember correctly Joey didn't even make it up the hill lol...Well I had fun wheeling with all of you guys. It was my first time meeting most of you, but I had a really great time and can't wait to fix my truck so I can go out and beat it to hell again. Until next time Peace.
Yup Felix I didn't make it up the hill but I DID drive my truck home..hahaha. Just kidding dude your the man. I wish I would have tried a little harder now though that I'm getting crap for not making it. Did you get your truck home okay? Call Downey yet and ask WTF???!!!

Quick Reply: Hollister Hills report Jan 14