Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Forest Hill, California

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:14 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
haha me too. im so guilty of going wheeling without a camera lol. i wanted to get footage of me wheeling but my awesome sony video camera was missing its charger for so long untill a couple days ago so i should be able to get more now
yeah... whats a good digital camera nowadays? something small and portable.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha me too. im so guilty of going wheeling without a camera lol. i wanted to get footage of me wheeling but my awesome sony video camera was missing its charger for so long untill a couple days ago so i should be able to get more now
Old 11-30-2009, 03:17 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
You OK over there..
Old 11-30-2009, 03:24 PM

Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 PM

lol triple post! dayyuummm....
Old 11-30-2009, 04:16 PM

o crap i think my comp had a spaz moment lol sorry guys

um i would just get some cheap video camera like a sony or something? my parents bought a sony with 1080 HD and 120 gig hard drive and its amazing but it was also like 1000 bucks. i would never buy it but they did so i use it lol.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:53 PM

o crap i think my comp had a spaz moment lol sorry guys

um i would just get some cheap video camera like a sony or something? my parents bought a sony with 1080 HD and 120 gig hard drive and its amazing but it was also like 1000 bucks. i would never buy it but they did so i use it lol.
yeah... just get smething like that and a window camera mount... that'd be pretty sick. I'd really like it if I had a sunroof lol... I could mount the camera mount to the top of my truck and get a much better video angle... but instead I have to mount it to my back windows.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:27 PM

oyah that would be cool. my buddys 2door has a sunroof and its awesome lol and now that you mention that im gonna get footage from there if he ever gets tires and 3.0L working right. i have seen this cameras that are water proof and can mount to all kinds of stuff, they sell them up here at national 4wd . i just listen to you runner again and god damn its just too good, you have the sickest 3.0L IMO just aaaa i have to stop watching it lol
Old 11-30-2009, 07:50 PM

Lol i'm glad someone loves my exhaust as much as I do I really wish I could straight pipe it and forget about the cat. :/
Old 11-30-2009, 09:23 PM

Just in case anyone is wondering i used 3 cameras for this whole trip my in car camera is a sony handycam DCR-HC40 really old and beat up, for the still shots i used a nikon D80 with a 18-200mm lens and all of those videos were shot with a sony W230 which is just a point and shoot
Old 11-30-2009, 09:39 PM

Here is my Sony Handycam attached to Mikes Passenger side mirror quality sucks on the camera but it gets the job done pretty steady too this is the stair climb at prairie city
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...rent=Mike2.flv
Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
that really pisses me off that rattle snake bar is closed for season. Its never been closed for a season before. Its one of the few places you dont need to worrry about treading lightly as the silt fills up every year with the lake level rising. Im tempted to cut that chain.
i did a little research on the rattlesnake bar being closed, found this on california state park website
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=500
Old 12-01-2009, 10:42 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MKtaco_98
i did a little research on the rattlesnake bar being closed, found this on california state park website
http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=500
thanks for the info. I view it as public land and it should not be closed unless dangerous to the public. If a am able to head out there soon I may just find my self breaking another law and protecting my freedoms.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
thanks for the info. I view it as public land and it should not be closed unless dangerous to the public. If a am able to head out there soon I may just find my self breaking another law and protecting my freedoms.
Amen to that... lol wanna do a little night wheeling? hahah
Old 12-01-2009, 11:46 AM

lol oh my god, that video was like last year... back when I still had that crappy flowmaster muffler on, before my headers, back when I was dating one of the many crazy chicks I've been with in my life time and before I knew what the hell i was doing. lmao
Old 12-01-2009, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
lol oh my god, that video was like last year... back when I still had that crappy flowmaster muffler on, before my headers, back when I was dating one of the many crazy chicks I've been with in my life time and before I knew what the hell i was doing. lmao
wish i could post that montage i made ill see if i can tonight
Old 12-01-2009, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
Lol i'm glad someone loves my exhaust as much as I do I really wish I could straight pipe it and forget about the cat. :/
haha i want to do the same type of set up on my 22re " header, hi flow cat, turbo muffler right after cat, then out the side hehe". i will prob end up doing the same idea for my 3.4 ext cab project when i get one lol. do you think the strait pipe would make much difference? like i wouldn't see it doing much concidering its a hi flow already right?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:52 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
damn, rattlesnake bar is closed?! that blows. dang, i was planning on heading back out there once my engine gets put back together real soon (I chewed up the timing chain guide after hitting about 5k rpms while doing donuts in the mud about a month ago). from their website, it sounds like too many people are hitting the mud due to low water level. if you guys plan anything, maybe i'll think about taking the cruiser out. heated seats are really nice when there's snow on the ground

Last edited by highonpottery; 12-01-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:48 PM

haha i want to do the same type of set up on my 22re " header, hi flow cat, turbo muffler right after cat, then out the side hehe". i will prob end up doing the same idea for my 3.4 ext cab project when i get one lol. do you think the strait pipe would make much difference? like i wouldn't see it doing much concidering its a hi flow already right?
actually, it provides alot more air flow than you'd think... with the High flow cat being better flow, it still causes restrictions, but not as much as a stock cat. make sense? if you dump that exhaust out the side or before the rear axe, its gonna be insanely loud... haha

Originally Posted by highonpottery
damn, rattlesnake bar is closed?! that blows. dang, i was planning on heading back out there once my engine gets put back together real soon (I chewed up the timing chain guide after hitting about 5k rpms while doing donuts in the mud about a month ago). from their website, it sounds like too many people are hitting the mud due to low water level. if you guys plan anything, maybe i'll think about taking the cruiser out. heated seats are really nice when there's snow on the ground
ouch dude, how much did that cost? haha. I never do more than 3k when I do donuts... :o well whenever I get my phone back, I'll get all you local guys' phone numbers and we can all keep in touch. me and 93yotasr5 hit up pick N pull once and awhile. It would be a kick ass time if we could get 6-7 of us to go all wheeling together up at forest hill, rattlesnake or even kyburz. hah
Old 12-01-2009, 01:57 PM

Yeah it would need to let me know next time you go too pick n pull i need bucket seats and a center console

Quick Reply: Forest Hill, California