Boondockers 4X4 Mud Bog 8-21-2010

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 05:13 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Boondockers 4X4 Mud Bog 8-21-2010

Event Located in Berwick, PA.

Event website:
http://www.boondockers4x4club.com/

Just some photos and stuff from one of our recent local mud bogs. Me and 92 Toy went to. I once again participated and got a distance of about 46ft in the worst lane on the first run. Then after everyone went they redid the pits and made then even worse. Ended with a 25ft run. No One not one not even the v8 modified monsters made it through on their 2nd attempt.

Was also a Show and shine there as well.

Sweet FJ at the truck show

This guy is sitting on a 4" Superlift Bracket lift and 4" rear blocks and 33X10/50 tires. He won the 33" and under mini truck category

Not sure of the year but this is a 350 swapped 1st gen 4runner that was in the truck show as well

This FJ was not in the show, but did have a v8 under the hood and competed in the street v8 class.

2 83 pickups. father son team. The black one has your run of the mill 22r in it sitting on 38's, but the red one has an LCE stage 3 circle track 22r in it pushing roughly 300HP on 35's. The son in the black on beat out his father in the red one to take the 4cyl modified class.

Another yota in the 4cyl modified class. This is the same one I will mention later on with what issue he had. Tires I believe were 33 X 14.50's

Broken valve stem on my first run. Me an 92 Toy did a quick change using my high-lift. Which did not want to lower itself so I had to drive off of it.

I was not the only Yota with that problem. Highlift jack once again allowed another yota (see the red one above) to air back up after valve stem breakage. Also had to give him a jump when his battery died on him waiting for our redneck car wash. That's him in front of me.

After my first run:

After my second run

That's it from me. I believe 92 Toy will have some more photos and a few videos for ya as well.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:24 PM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
eventually i will...as in tomorrow.
much better event....each has it's advantages / disadvantages.

this one....good on price $5 to park....that's it / good on the show and shine too / (as a spectator) great seats....the back of my truck about 100 feet or less from the pits.....all in all was a good deal.

the earlier bog......good on that it had more vehicles.....bad....very slow / bad parking, bad spectator arrangement / bad price ($20 or so for 3 of us to get in)

soooooooo.....the Summerhill Bog is the one i will frequent....and the fact that they run it twice a year (may and august) is a good deal too.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:26 PM

I can't wait for the Slocum Township one Sept 11th. Curious to see, this will be their first one.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:29 PM

http://www.slocumfireco.com/upcoming%20events.html
Old 08-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
HA! That looked awesome!! I want the FJ, btw....

Oh, as far as that 1st gen goes, hard to tell. It has the newer grill, but the give away would be to see if it had a SAC done. I'd think with the SAC he'd have converted the steering to up over the springs, high steer. However, the mirrors say '87ish...
Old 08-22-2010, 02:54 AM

so like XXTREME already posted, there was a show and shine portion....this was a much smaller venue than the last one we were at.....way less people....less participants....less nonsense....much better setting.

anyhoo...

FJ

sweet 94?? i think he said.....love these tires (not especially these tires, but the size) 33-10.5-15

meh...it's nice...but i think this guy ruined this 1st gen

isn't it funny how Toyotas have their own gravitational pull and end up parking near each other....there is a pickup just off to the right too but since i like the 1st gen 4runners, thats the pic i took

was a long day for this guy....he wanted to wear his Pink Floyd shirt, but in retrospect, black was not a good idea.....and i shoulda used the sun-block i brought, on my head...OUCH!

waaaaay over there is XXXTREME's truck....if you look really hard you can spot it as the 1st vehicle parked left to right with the yellow plate on the front

and this is a pic of what "ruining everything "looks like......after everyone made their initial runs and it was getting good, the excavator came out and re-did the pits and the water was re-filled........was a much better show before they did that....was still real muddy before they did that....oh well....but it went from soupy to real , real thick oatmeal.

VERY nice GMC....could not believe he was gonna try it, but if you look at the Exploder in front of him with stock street tires, i kinda felt i should enter too. glad i did not....Explorer probably got the "shortest distance" award...GMC didn't do much better

and after

this FJ pretty much put it up in the air when he popped the clutch

first run

broken valve stem / quick tire change (spare tire) and the realization that it would probably happen again.....definitely something to consider when in thick mud is the location of the valve stems.....XXXTREME's are way out near the lip, mine (because of a big offset) are buried deep inside my wheels....broken valve was a problem that a few others had i'm sure (1 guy definitely also)

and now for some gratuitous mud pics

this pic is funny..shows how deep you only get......even though the pit is much,much deeper.....this is as deep as you get.....so guess it's lie trying to doggy-paddle in mud without really or at least rarely touching solid earth

can't imagine why you have a vibration?

and then some random mud pics of some of the other vehicles just trying to show how thick it was......i said play-doh-ike

i have to watch the videos now to make sure they are OK
Old 08-22-2010, 03:27 AM

the shortest distance went to that hacked up suburban that broke is front driveshaft. His second run after the pits were redone, he got more more than 5ft I think when he ran it in 2wd, hahaha
Old 08-22-2010, 03:45 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
cool pics

Pam needs some shorter u-bolts or Scott needs a grinder
Old 08-22-2010, 03:47 AM

Ok....(these are videos, so click them)

1st run

2nd run

FJ

FJ

leaving...

Last edited by 92 TOY; 08-22-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:59 AM

hahah "shifting gears mid way isn't gonna work" I LOVE IT. 5500 RPM I guess I coulda stayed there if I wanted. lmao. It'll hold for a minute I guess. Maybe I will try running a thottle stop. in the Slocum one.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:02 AM

what no runs in the second fj video?
Old 08-22-2010, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
what no runs in the second fj video?

fixed (got rid of that one) ....was getting all kinda confused trying to watch those.

the FJ video show he didn't get much farther that you in that far pit.

i guess as a "mud bog", after they "fixed" the mud pits, i guess it really turned into a distance thing only......but maybe let the modifieds run it 1st to clear it a bit.....having the stocks run it 1st to start and 1st when they "fix" the pits made for some ho-hum kinda spectating.

BTW...you and i know this.....but a few thrill / chill moments with some of the V-8's....the jeep in the far lane that banked off both walls full bore on the way through (main reason why they should clear one pit before running the other)....2nd was the guy in the jeep that launched way high (probably at a 40 degree angle) in the near pit (was one of those GASP! / YAY! / WOOHOO!! moments)........but if he flipped it, probably woulda died
Old 08-22-2010, 04:30 AM

Believe me, the v8 modifieds didn't clear it out either. I was right, none of them made it past the 75 foot mark. more like 50 foot.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:31 AM

on the same "safety note"....if you are gonna let kids run in the mud for cash and fun....which i totally agree with because it looked fun and was something we all secretly (or not so secretly in my case........"i'll punch someone in the throat right off the line and win it that way"...i believe was my quote) don't do it while the excavator is working on the other pit.......if that dividing wall collapsed, it would have been a HUGE tragedy.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:32 AM

Believe me, the v8 modifieds didn't clear it out either. I was right, none of them made it past the 75 foot mark. more like 50 foot.

and that's after all the little guys cleared out the 1st 40 feet
Old 08-23-2010, 10:45 AM

Just a carnage update, not yet confirmed though, but I got a grinding noise from my left front wheel. Intermittent, but loud as hell. Thinking its the spindle bushing, but could just be residual mud between the rotor and dust "shield". Maybe some mud in the hubs or a bad wheel bearing. Started last night when I drove to work. Might be a week or so till I get a chance to look at it as I will most likely be OOC for a few days for surgery on my shoulder.

This would be the wheel in question :

Last edited by xxxtreme22r; 08-23-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:07 AM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
EEWWWWW Mud...

Old 08-23-2010, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By any chance does this truck have a Rancho IFS lift?
Old 08-23-2010, 01:07 PM

I'm not sure, but I wanna say he's on 33 14.50's and just a 3" body lift. but don't quote me on that.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure, but I wanna say he's on 33 14.50's and just a 3" body lift. but don't quote me on that.
Do you have any more pictures of it?

Quick Reply: Boondockers 4X4 Mud Bog 8-21-2010