YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Trip-Trail Reports & Photos (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/)
-   -   Big Falls Carnage! (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/big-falls-carnage-37802/)

TacoBell 07-31-2004 07:41 PM

Big Falls Carnage!

So Bud, Cabbage, Boogyman and I all went to Big Falls today to do a little wheeling. All was going smooth until Milton(Cabbage) broke a CV axle. After a little bit of on-the-trail wrenching that got us pretty much nowhere, we just decided to proceed. The axle popped back into place at the turnaround, but alas, he was still only 2wd. We still had some fun and the rest of us got away with only minor pinstriping. Since all I had was my 35mm camera, I will have to wait until I get the photos developed to get pics posted. Russ and Bud had digitals, so they will probably be posting soon.

Bud 07-31-2004 11:29 PM

had a great time guys. Hit splash 2x in one day. Good wheeling and good food. :rockin:
I'll post the rest of the stuff tomorrow.
http://207.141.218.74/bud/bigfalls_july31/120_2046.JPG
and here is a short clip of Russ charging the hill (right click, save as)

Tacoma Dude 07-31-2004 11:36 PM

A messed up CV, huh?
That sucks, Milton!

Wish I could have made it fellas, that picture is AWESOME Bud :bigok:

cabbage 07-31-2004 11:57 PM

Hey Guys.. just got back from the movies.... what a long day! I cant believe we didnt think of putting it into 4wd to get the stuck CV axle out!! :bang:

Sorry guys for holding you down... I was planning on going further into the trail today... guess im gonna take my front end apart (diff, axles) after I get replacement parts next week... :roll:

But... I still had alot of fun! Thanks!

TacoBell 08-01-2004 03:37 PM

Sorry we couldn't have dinner with you guys Bud. We didn't think Nate was going to hold out much longer and wanted to find someplace we could get into pretty quick. Next time you head this way we'll try out Pozo and test those sliders.... hehe.

Bud 08-01-2004 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBell
Sorry we couldn't have dinner with you guys Bud. We didn't think Nate was going to hold out much longer and wanted to find someplace we could get into pretty quick. Next time you head this way we'll try out Pozo and test those sliders.... hehe.

No problemo Brad, We just ate and left since it was crowded. There was no way all of us can get seated in one spot. Theres' always next time.
Here are a few pix from the trip

Here is a clip of Milton before the break and Brad charging the hills here

FirstToy 08-01-2004 05:37 PM

nice images! nice stealth hooters!
Milton, are you driveable nthis week or do you want me to swing by and pick you up?

TacoBell 08-01-2004 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by FirstToy
nice images! nice stealth hooters!
Milton, are you driveable nthis week or do you want me to swing by and pick you up?

huh? Hooters? Is there a pic I'm not seeing? Where was I during the hooters?

Bud 08-01-2004 08:18 PM

huh? Hooters? Is there a pic I'm not seeing? Where was I during the hooters?

http://207.141.218.74/bud/bigfalls_july31/120_2022.JPG
the only carnage i recieved was scratches on the roof. Not from the shrubs but from the el cheapo cb magnet antenna.
btw, roll the windows up while wheeling thru shrubs. I recieved a good whack in the face. :hillbill:

cabbage 08-01-2004 08:47 PM

Nice pics Bud! I can still wheel in 3wd, went to the dunes today with aster, wasnt that bad, still dont know if I should take the auto locker/lsd/whatever is in there out... but I think its the main reason my axle broke and why my power steering is sqeeling so loud when I turn.

boogyman 08-01-2004 09:48 PM

nice pics guys! i'll be posting the one's anna took here pretty soon.. just gotta get a fast internet connection to upload them :drunk:

Bud- awesome pics! thanks for sharing!

and p.s. in that video of brad charging the hill, when i came down, i think milton was saying "tell him to put it in gear" hahah.. it was in gear :cry: :laugh: :think:

-Russell

boogyman 08-01-2004 10:14 PM

posting pics

slowly but surely, the pics are going up here

edit: they're all up now... enjoy :bounce: :D

on a side note: guess who got some poison oak? yay me. :cry: i think i caught it in time though, and put some stuff on it so it should be ok.

-Russell

FirstToy 08-02-2004 07:59 PM

Russell,
Nice pics! I hope to meet you on a run soon. Was that your scuffed leg with the poison oak on it? Hope not!

I told my friend with the black Taco double cab to make his logo say "Taco" like yours and he laughed and laughed. He never heard it called a Taco before!

TacoBell 08-02-2004 08:13 PM

How come nobody got a picture of the bear??? That would have been a good pic to post up when inviting newbs on a run!!! LOL
"Yeah, the trail is easy, just watch out for the bears."

cabbage 08-02-2004 08:57 PM

How come nobody got a picture of the bear??? That would have been a good pic to post up when inviting newbs on a run!!! LOL
"Yeah, the trail is easy, just watch out for the bears."

Aster said she saw it, I didnt, it ran too fast!

Great pics Russell!

FirstToy 08-02-2004 09:30 PM

Milton,
Hit me on the PM again, my inbox was full and I had to clear it out. Sorry bout that.

boogyman 08-03-2004 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by FirstToy
Russell,
Nice pics! I hope to meet you on a run soon. Was that your scuffed leg with the poison oak on it? Hope not!

I told my friend with the black Taco double cab to make his logo say "Taco" like yours and he laughed and laughed. He never heard it called a Taco before!

No that was my friend Adrian's leg.. he took a spill climbing up the hill and cut his leg up. but i got some poison oak on my arms..

-Russell

Bud 08-03-2004 02:55 PM

Russ, nice pix. Tell Anna and Adrian thanks for taking pix of my truck.

James, did you get the sliders? lets see some pix!

FirstToy 08-03-2004 07:26 PM

Hey bud, I'm going up tomorrow. I'll ask about your thing too!