YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Trip-Trail Reports & Photos (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/)
-   -   AZ Rocks Florence Junction area. (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/az-rocks-florence-junction-area-142245/)

SOAZtim 04-08-2008 09:31 AM

AZ Rocks Florence Junction area.

Threw some pics from last weekend up. We camped out at AZ Rocks and then did some exploring around the area Saturday as a shake down run for the RTT and Lockers. :lurk:
www.soaztim.com
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...8_edited-1.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...9_edited-1.jpg

Elvota 04-08-2008 10:10 AM

Nice pics on your blog Tim.

That's cool you got to rent a Harley... must have been fun.

But no pics of the RTT setup... very disappointing. :hillbill:

SOAZtim 04-08-2008 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Elvota (Post 50800569)
Nice pics on your blog Tim.

That's cool you got to rent a Harley... must have been fun.

But no pics of the RTT setup... very disappointing. :hillbill:

I am sorry. I have shamed you. :hillbill:
As soon as I folded it up I thought SH@$@#$ I forgot to get a picture!:bang:
I'm going to do a whole review on it next time I use it. This weekend was a lot of rushing around. :nerd:

wormhole 04-08-2008 10:49 AM

Nice pictures, should've came :bang: . How was driving with that tent? Wouldn't want to fall out of it.:bang:

I need to head over that and go biking it seems from those photo's you took. :banger:

SOAZtim 04-08-2008 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by wormhole (Post 50800592)
Nice pictures, should've came :bang: . How was driving with that tent? Wouldn't want to fall out of it.:bang:

I need to head over that and go biking it seems from those photo's you took. :banger:

Come on down. The tent wasn't bad. It held up fine. No movement at all even when bouncing around offroad.
Its just a bit more top heavy.
At 75 the drag was noticeable. Keeping it just 10 slower at 65mph really made a big difference. It wasn't even noticeable. I may build a wind deflector for it though. It would help. :banger:

Elvota 04-08-2008 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by SOAZtim (Post 50800572)
I am sorry. I have shamed you. :hillbill:

It's not me you shamed... but us all. :hillbill:

Definitely looking forward to seeing some setup pics. I think that's a really cool idea.

Originally Posted by SOAZtim (Post 50800596)
Come on down. The tent wasn't bad. It held up fine. No movement at all even when bouncing around offroad.
Its just a bit more top heavy.

So... what level trails would you try and tackle with the tent on top? Would you run Sunflower for example... or Elvis?

Was the tent on when you did that wheelstand out at FJ? Both you and Duncan got tippy there, is that right? From the pics it really looked like the tail came way up. You guys may be given T a run for his wheelstand money. :hillbill:

Just curious on how the tent effects the overall "feel" of the vehicle.

dlbrunner 04-08-2008 11:42 AM

I was keeping an eye on the tent all day, and it did not appear to give much body roll, looked pretty stable, even on the "speedy" run out we did

dlbrunner 04-08-2008 11:51 AM

That tippy hill descent actually made me pucker a little. I hit the brakes which was a no-no and really amplified the effect.

All around good time. I really liked martinez cabins, they were cool.

Elvota 04-08-2008 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by dlbrunner (Post 50800645)
All around good time. I really liked martinez cabins, they were cool.

Glad to hear they are even still standing. I think I saw that one of them took some damage from a flood... or maybe vandals. That is a really nice area to check out.

dlbrunner 04-08-2008 12:05 PM

After looking at Tim's Blog, it clicked how spooky that wheelstand was. Tim took the same line with the tent on top. Danica looked a little pale at the bottom, but I don't blame her, I had that adrenaline shot feeling myself!

There was enough of a cut on the side, that if I went much more flexy, I would have flopped on the driver's side into the wall, but probably not rolled.

Good Times

SOAZtim 04-08-2008 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Elvota (Post 50800618)
It's not me you shamed... but us all. :hillbill:

Definitely looking forward to seeing some setup pics. I think that's a really cool idea.

So... what level trails would you try and tackle with the tent on top? Would you run Sunflower for example... or Elvis?

Was the tent on when you did that wheelstand out at FJ? Both you and Duncan got tippy there, is that right? From the pics it really looked like the tail came way up. You guys may be given T a run for his wheelstand money. :hillbill:

Just curious on how the tent effects the overall "feel" of the vehicle.

Maybe on one of the weekday runs I'll just camp out and go to work straight from camping. That would be cool!!
Its not that bad. I would do Sunflower. The height could be a problem on trees, but the tippness would only worry me on a couple parts of 404 etc. I would still go on most trails with it with no worries. I actually expected more of an issue than I felt! :bigok: