YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Trip-Trail Reports & Photos (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/)
-   -   05 Winter Fun Fest (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/05-winter-fun-fest-49574/)

tog2 01-18-2005 06:42 AM

05 Winter Fun Fest

Hey all,
Just got back from the Cal 4wheel Assoc Winter Fun Festival and thought I would share some pics..or at least a link to them.
There was a good amount of snow and rigs.(Not many Yoters though) The first day I went with my bud in his 96' T100. Sunday I took my 4runner out to play(let the women use it on Saturday for the Historical tour)

I did pretty well considering I have open difs I broke a front shock trying to do a hill climb (pics coming later ) but thats it. I aired my BFG AT's down to 11 psi and that seemed to work not bad for 31' tires.
Now... I think we will be spendin more green on this machine this year..need more stuff ! Lockers etc...
heres the link

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/eaglen...2000/my_photos

payyourtoll 01-18-2005 10:38 AM

that looks like it was a hell of a time! nice pics dude

that white 2nd gen runner is real nice

your truck is too stock :rockon:

tog2 01-18-2005 11:27 AM

:eeek: Well, provided once I recover from Christmas bills, Im goin shopping for my Sloyoter.
Thing is where to begin....replacing shocks, rear springs then if theres money from taxes..the rear locker..but thats an If..Guess I better get a second job or dump the GF to save some cash lol..Im not cuttin into my Beer budget though!

User 051420 01-19-2005 07:49 PM

Man...I REALLY wish I would have paid attention and had some advance notice of this event. I live in Grass Valley, saw all the rigs, and never hit the trails once! :pop: I did get to goto Greenhorn, tho.

Looks like fun!

Scofco 01-19-2005 08:00 PM

I never thought of hard wiring a microwave into my rig for when I'm camping!

Ding!

Bagger 01-19-2005 08:04 PM

Nice to see a T100 in action. Quite the set up in the bed, the microwave is definitely a first! Anymore info on that truck or does he post on any boards?

That 4Runner with the solar panel is sick.... :bowdown:

Great pics. Gotta love snow wheelin'! :smokin:

tog2 01-20-2005 05:06 AM

Hey now
The T100 belongs to my buddy Jed out of Novato,CA. It has dual ARB LOckers,
4 inch lift ,2inch bod lift. Bumper was fabbed by BentUp out of Jackson CA and the SLiders he did himself. ITs a pretty reliable rig He squeezed it through the Gatekeeper at the RUbicon even lol.
The Microwave runs through an inverter worked pretty well..CHili was tasty and hot. Beer would have been nice though... :drink:

My 4runner , although pretty much stock did well the second day. I aired down to about 12 and managed to only get stuck twice. onece backing up into softer snow and antoher trieng to back up the trail ..that was off camber and leaning toward the 60 foot dropoff...but that was minor I had some good spotting to get me out. :guitar:

tog2 01-20-2005 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by gapguy
Man...I REALLY wish I would have paid attention and had some advance notice of this event. I live in Grass Valley, saw all the rigs, and never hit the trails once! :pop: I did get to goto Greenhorn, tho.

Looks like fun!

First day we met at Nyack then started off at FOrbay Drum road. The next day we went throughDUtch Flats and started up from ther egoing north over the dam. The palce was waaay muddy on the way up then we hit snow. was pretty nice.

Honger 01-20-2005 05:56 AM

[QUOTE=Bagger]Nice to see a T100 in action. Quite the set up in the bed, the microwave is definitely a first! Anymore info on that truck or does he post on any boards?
QUOTE]

That's kookadala! He posts more regularly on 4x4wire with us T100 guys, but he's here occasionally as well.

I'd never seen a shot of his camper set-up though I'd heard of it. Very nice! I'll be building out my bed like that this summer... nothing like a little inspiration (ie. the microwave). I'll definitely have one in my set up now.

Regards,
Joel

tog2 01-20-2005 06:29 AM

:bigok: :laugh:

RIght on I forgot that he used that for his ID Kookadala. Ive known jed for almost 20 yrs now. The man finds a hobby and dives in Deep! The microwave setup was pretty cool , He stuffed the inverter under the front seat. I learned alot from last weekend Just need to find the cash to make my upgrades now..not sure the microwave is on the list for now..lol

Darren 01-20-2005 09:53 AM

Yes, the microwave is certainly unique, for sure. Nice set of pics. Looks like it was a good run.

norcalsvx 01-16-2007 08:24 AM

I had a blast out at greenhorn on sunday in my blue xtra cab 94, took care of most of the hills there-