GPS & Communication Discussions here pertain to the use and troubleshooting of GPS, CB radio, and amateur radio

I just got an invite to Google Voice

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got an invite to Google Voice

Finally, they must have got it dialed in so now the ads on my gmail account can reflect the content of my voice mail messages. Amazon.com anyone?

So, I am thinking about giving it a go until it creeps me out. They are probably going to send out a lot of these invites since I'm on their cattle call list. If anyone else is already rocking this, I'm all ears.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:04 PM

So far, I just:
1. Pick a number and a pin
2. Enter a number to forward it to. They assign that number a code
3. They call the forwarding number and I enter the code confirming.

...and that's as far as I have gone, so far.

Last edited by jackwolf; 06-26-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:07 PM

Then since they have you on the line they have you record your name and a greeting. It's all automated.

Then on the website you can go to the settings and dial all that in. All my calls are forwarded straight to voice mail. And I have a filter so I don't mind posting my number, thats what I got the account for; a catch all for everyone.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:42 PM

On Picking a google voice universal phone number

Okay so this thread is just me then.

I have an office in Las Vegas and a studio in Los Angeles so I drive back and forth quite a bit. Perhaps that helps to explain the high mileage on the post-your-odometer thread. Anyway, should I pick a Las Vegas area code or a Los Angeles area code. It turns out neither. I picked Alabama. I just typed in a search for jackwolf and it spit out 20-jackwolf. Me likey, so Alabama it is. Now I'm going to have to do a show there. Any-anyway, I am thinking, self, how can I get supermodels and celebrities to remember my phone number and my self said to me, Jack just how many beers have you had today. None actually, it's the Lithium that I forgot to take but I just downed that with a beer so...lets just call it one beer. Any-any-anyway, I said to myself whats the 411? Well, all you really have to do is to have them remember the number twenty and your name.

So I'm thinking maybe I'll just make a fake twenty dollar bill with my mug and my name as a visual aid. Funny money? hmmmm...
Old 08-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked an easy to remember number in a certain area code related to a few of my Adsense powered sites.

What I don't like is the Google greeting before my message. Undesireable if you want to project a professional image.