GPS & Communication Discussions here pertain to the use and troubleshooting of GPS, CB radio, and amateur radio

C.B. Antenna Mount Location For 88 Pickup

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C.B. Antenna Mount Location For 88 Pickup

So Im feeling a little dumb even asking this question but it seems that after a ridiculous amount of google ing I am still unable to find a solution for my situation. I have found many wonderful suggestions on where to mount the radio itself (many that I never would have thought of myself) But hardly anything on the antenna mounting possibility's. I have a shell on the bed to make maters even more complicated.

I have the Radio and the Antenna. But am waiting to purchase the coax (I am leaning toward a firering terminated coax by firestik) until I can find a solution for my problem.

The problem that I am having is that I cant seem to find a viable mount location for a c.b. antenna. For sentimental reasons I would prefer not to drill any holes in the exterior of the body. I was originaly thinking of useing a trunk lip mount but every review that I have come across says that they are to flimsy to work on a hood. I thought that a channel mount would be good also but I am thinking that there is too little of a gap on the side of the hood to prevent rubbing of the coax/paint. This is visible in the picture below.(this picture is borrowed from Corey Co-Founder/Administrator(Thank you Corey))

Suggestions and Pictures are greatly appreciated and needed.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails C.B. Antenna Mount Location For 88 Pickup-antbracket.jpg  
Old 05-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The best place for an antenna is in the middle of the vehicle at the highest point, I myself put mine on the side of the bed. I think unless you can find some existing holes that you need to make some unless you do the magnetic antenna. I used one existing hole for my mount.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get an after market rear bumper and have a tab for the antenna welded onto whichever side fancies you.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess its back to google for me.