Texas Texas Chapter

Who is good at designing stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not good with stickers but it'd be neat to get something picked and printed up and distributed at Barnwell in two weeks.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

I was looking at a few places online and they were asking a few hundred bucks for 250 stickers (for 3 or 4 colors) and that was the min. order..I am not shure we would have that many people interested.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Contributing Member

That's kind of steap. that's over $1 per sticker. maybe I'll got buy some colored sharpies and some contruction paper and ham one up. but with the tinted windows I'd have to laminate it so I can tape it on outside.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Contributing Member

We can all play in the dirt a while then draw our own

Old 06-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Contributing Member

nice big pic. I'm researching some places to see what I can find since I have so much time on my hands. I'll post if I find something earthshatteringly cheap. at this point I could care less about being die cut or whatever. if I got 100 for about 25 bucks we could all have about 6 or so each and just replace them when the previous one falls off.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by keisur
nice big pic. I'm researching some places to see what I can find since I have so much time on my hands. I'll post if I find something earthshatteringly cheap. at this point I could care less about being die cut or whatever. if I got 100 for about 25 bucks we could all have about 6 or so each and just replace them when the previous one falls off.
We could contact the guy that does the yotatech stickers... I will search of the name of the guy. I wonder if he would cut us a deal
Old 06-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

no pun intended right?

that's cool. let us know what he says. what's an acceptable size for that thing anyway? 3x6 or something?
Old 06-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I personally would not want anything larger then that...but feedback from others would be nice too.

I will email him and see.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Contributing Member

even smaller would be cool with me. I don't really like stickers on my runner but I had to put a small arb one to signify my lockers and a small windsurfing one which blends into the tint so it doesn't look bad.

one of these days I'll get "Vertically Challenged" in big old english letters across my rear glass. I'll be cool then.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:46 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I am not into plastering my cars/trucks with stickers. I have 2 right now. My USAF Enlisted Wings badge and a POW/MIA sticker. smaller wouldbe cool with me as well.

oh, I think it would take a LOT more then a sticker to make you seem cool.

even smaller would be cool with me. I don't really like stickers on my runner but I had to put a small arb one to signify my lockers and a small windsurfing one which blends into the tint so it doesn't look bad.

one of these days I'll get "Vertically Challenged" in big old english letters across my rear glass. I'll be cool then.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:49 AM
Contributing Member

Ok then, a sticker and a cold beer and a furry pink derby hat with a feather sticking out of it.

I am incahoots with a dude here in town that my wife deals with at her job (Exxon Chemical) who is checking to see what kind of deal he can cut on the stickers. I'll keep you's guys posted.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:35 AM
Contributing Member

OK here's the deal people. The guy I talked to can get 20-30 or so stickers ripped off for about $3.25 each plus tax. He can turn them around for me in about 2 days.

Now, what I would need is a vector art format of the image (.eps or something). he quoted me for a 2.5"x(length depending the 2.5" to hold aspect ratio) and I am just looking at basic rectangle with clear background. you could cut it out if you so desired but it is just way cheaper not to get it die cut around the lettering and just cut the outside away ourselves.

let me know and send me a vector format image and I'll get the ball rolling for distribution at Barnwell. I would pick up the cost as a kind gesture to the org from me but since I don't have a job I can't. so let's say 30*3.25= $97.50 + Tax. I guess I could make up the difference and just have people buy them from me if they want them, but I'd rather have a head count of how many want them in case we need more than 30 or if I'll get stuck with a bunch of stickers.

J.
keisur@tx4roc.com

Last edited by keisur; 06-09-2004 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Contributing Member

OK here's the deal people. The guy I talked to can get 20-30 or so stickers ripped off for about $3.25 each plus tax. He can turn them around for me in about 2 days.

Now, what I would need is a vector art format of the image (.eps or something). he quoted me for a 2.5"x(length depending the 2.5" to hold aspect ratio) and I am just looking at basic rectangle with clear background. you could cut it out if you so desired but it is just way cheaper not to get it die cut around the lettering and just cut the outside away ourselves.

let me know and send me a vector format image and I'll get the ball rolling for distribution at Barnwell. I would pick up the cost as a kind gesture to the org from me but since I don't have a job I can't. so let's say 30*3.25= $97.50 + Tax. I guess I could make up the difference and just have people buy them from me if they want them, but I'd rather have a head count of how many want them in case we need more than 30 or if I'll get stuck with a bunch of stickers.

J.
keisur@tx4roc.com
J.
Here is another problem boss. I think that Scofco only made the one image..and I have no idea what a vector file is
So, someone who knows how to vector a file would have to redraw it.
I emailed that guy who did the Yotatech stickers ( or decals if you want to be a snob about it ) I am just waiting for his responce.

but it sounds like you are on the right track.

BTW FWIW, I think the pink hat might make you look sort of hot after a few cold beers ( Hell, its all I got after you got me cut off Watchout on the trails
~Todd
Old 06-09-2004, 07:52 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Herkengineer
J.
Here is another problem boss. I think that Scofco only made the one image..and I have no idea what a vector file is
So, someone who knows how to vector a file would have to redraw it.
I emailed that guy who did the Yotatech stickers ( or decals if you want to be a snob about it ) I am just waiting for his responce.

but it sounds like you are on the right track.

BTW FWIW, I think the pink hat might make you look sort of hot after a few cold beers ( Hell, its all I got after you got me cut off Watchout on the trails
~Todd
So just get yourself a good heater flick and enjoy YOURSELF until she becomes generous again.

I don't call it a "decal." To me, a decal you have to soak in water and slide on and then squeegie the bubbles out. Stickers come pre-adhesived and are peal and stick. Those dingus snotty decal huggers!

I'll do some more investigating on the vector art stuff and see what I can drum up. I wish somebody who knows about graphic formats would chime in.

Last edited by keisur; 06-09-2004 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Contributing Member

Here is the email i got back from the guy who does the yotatech stickers

Hello Allen;
Thanks for your inquiry! We'd love to make those 4ROC decals. If you could
order 50-100 all at once, we could do them for $3.00 each. Let me know what
you would like to do.
Thanks;
Curtis Nichols
Nichols Design
Curtis Nichols [nicholsdesign@hotmail.com]
Old 06-09-2004, 05:25 PM
Contributing Member

so what's your plan? can he do it from the .gif?
Old 06-09-2004, 05:37 PM
Contributing Member

I E mailed him again and asked that very question. I am sure the answer will come on Thursday.

Todd

Last edited by Herkengineer; 06-09-2004 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

since I have time I'll try and work on a vector version tomorrow so we'll have it. keep in mind my guy can get a 2day turn around and no setup fee so if it comes down to it...
Old 06-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member

since I have time I'll try and work on a vector version tomorrow so we'll have it. keep in mind my guy can get a 2day turn around and no setup fee so if it comes down to it...
Thats all good bro. I did not want to step on your toes. Just trying to get a great price "Your" guy seems good to me

BTW, I received my sway disco's, my Diff Drop and my SAWs today ..just waiting on my OME rear springs/shocks
Old 06-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

no, what I was thinking was that if your guy can get them made with the existing image lets do that. plus he's cheaper at $3 each. don't worry about stepping on toes, I just want a sticker, not a decal.

I have my lars discos I got from my buddy Joey a couple months ago that I'll be putting on tomorrow. He said he didn't really need them and basically handed them to me. but being a gent I gave him some cash for them because I didn't feel right just taking them. Make sure you take pics of the SAWs install and stuff. it'll bring back memories since I did mine 2 years ago.

Quick Reply: Who is good at designing stickers?